Status
Not open for further replies.
No, this thread is related to feedback and updates. I just mentioned the moderation thing referencing Defiant talking the rules, and I used an example of some dumb stuff that happened recently, now everything derailed into that. I don't know or have anything anything to do with the previous drama.
Now I'm just making fun of the people who stay neutral and make fun of the people who don't, except the battle royale part

:D
Enough off-topic then, sorry if I derailed the thread.

k4far

Banned
Donator
So this whole drama leading to development team members leaving is about the permission to post edgy memes or not ?

Mace has some tR people, Padawan [1] players following him in game everywhere. They got so confused they made Code of Conduct out of SJW Forum because they believe that's the solution to something lol They end up banning people for minor reasons because in their heads thats working solution. They end up thinking entire community is bad and this way so many people got banned lol

Mace has some tR people, Padawan [1] players following him in game everywhere. They got so confused they made Code of Conduct out of SJW Forum because they believe that's the solution to something lol They end up banning people for minor reasons because in their heads thats working solution. They end up thinking entire community is bad and this way so many people got banned lol

Oh okay, thanks for taking the time to write this summary :)
For what it's worth, here's what I think about this situation, I don't know everything that went on some time ago as good as someone invested in the community like you as you rightfully pointed out earlier, but it just saddens me to see passionate individuals who all love what's merely a total conversion turned into a godlike competitive game make each other leave because of what should be irrelevant stuff.

I can understand that the developers don't want their forums to permit edgy, border-line ( = "regular" to "extreme" right-wing-friendly, let's tell it how it is, I'm not passing judgement or anything here ) memes since that will reflect poorly on some people who simply don't like that sort of humour, regardless of whether they were "offended" by it or not. Those outsiders - it can be new players, but it could be sponsors, think about it - who don't know about the internal politics behind all this will just believe the developer/moderator team endorse these jokes, think that the community is somewhat toxic, and it's understandable that the dev team doesn't want that. From the team's perspective, there is simply not much to gain from letting people post this kind of images, reasonably speaking.
From what I've read in older posts ( minus what got erased ), it seems a number of team members wanted total free speech as well and ended up jumping ship because of it, but is that worth it, is it the point of these forums ? I mean, there are plenty of spaces where those images can be freely shared because the moderation never minded it, or straight up encourages it, which is clearly not the case here. Rules weren't as oddly specific before, but I don't recall seeing that kind of memes before ( pre-2017 ) either, there was no need to specify everything.
It doesn't seem worth it to lose people over this, for both sides of the argument. I don't believe these forums are the place to make some sort of last stand for total freedom of speech at all, this isn't Charlie Hebdo or the Private Eye's redaction, but the public face of an already small community which doesn't need any useless feuds between its members over political matters which have got nothing to do here.

It definitely looks like some team members do hold grudges with some community members ( and the latter do everything they can to trigger them, let's not be candid here ) though, and that's not okay for them to display so openly. It's usually better for developers to interact with their community as little as possible and leave it to some kind of manager, that'd solve a lot of issues here. I just decided to finally post because this seems like a dangerous time for the modification, and I wouldn't like it to die over such trivial, completely unrelated to the game itself, matters.
I hope I didn't come across as arrogant or anything, but it just pains me to see this going on and on at the expense of the game itself. ;)

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
I am here for memes and few people that visit offtopic section on the forum. Not playing the game until hotfix is out and if hotfix is bad I am probably uninstalling found myself something else to play. Do you really want to scare more people with your moderation...
you're here for memes only? i think there are plenty of other sites with memes

Mace still refuses to lift Discord ban
who gives a shit

discord isn't the game. the only reason anyone gets banned on discord is because they were doing stupid shit.

I am here for memes and few people that visit offtopic section on the forum. Not playing the game
so you have literally nothing to say then

if your complaint is "bitch whine they wont let me post ebin 9gag memes" then just leave. i can't believe your entire goddamn complaint is some stupid shit about memes. i'm over here getting lagged to shit by saber FX and your biggest priority is moaning about a fucking external chat program that has nothing to do with the game. this isn't the government, if they don't want you posting shitty memes it is 100% in their right to tell you to fuck off.

k4far

Banned
Donator
Wace, you know a lot then.

You should know that new code of conduct was created when former Development Leads found some memes "offensive" everything was allowed prior to this nobody was arguing it was just pure development and community discussing the game. Age of peace for Movie Battles and forum was flourishing with activity, same for discord server. In both of those places #nonsense and Funny Pictures, people were coming for entertainment between games in MB. Now you can see half-dead butchered Funny Pictures with strict guidelines and #nonsense is completely gone. People who are not playing would still stick around the forum just for that thread or drop to see what's new in #nonsense. I find what they did mindless there was no case of somebody being attacked to make you think they would resort to so awful moderation it was like "get out if you don't like it" feeling. It was definitely not for the majority to protect them but to enforce own personal agendas those two development leads had and their worldviews that also are not necessarily correct for me. I still can not agree with what they did they completely labeled everybody with those people that bother them in game and started treating them as such. Speaking against what was happeing was a criminal offense that after x time would get you out of here. I mean you can do weird stuff but in a community of our size do you really want overcomplex rules that favor the person in power so much?

Pretty much my thoughts on this. It's better now with Defiant as Development Lead but Spaghetti for unknown reasons started moderating again and I got some bullshit warnings from him. Mace got overtriggered for unknown reasons and deleted my conversation with him then banned me from discord. Puppy got some warnings from Defiant I disagree with those but whatever. If Offtopic is hidden from people who are not registered what is the point of being so harsh with the rules on it?

giphy.gif

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
who gives a shit

discord isn't the game. the only reason anyone gets banned on discord is because they were doing stupid shit.

so you have literally nothing to say then

if your complaint is "bitch whine they wont let me post ebin 9gag memes" then just leave. i can't believe your entire goddamn complaint is some stupid shit about memes. i'm over here getting lagged to shit by saber FX and your biggest priority is moaning about a fucking external chat program that has nothing to do with the game. this isn't the government, if they don't want you posting shitty memes it is 100% in their right to tell you to fuck off.

Good time as any to post this classic:
free_speech.png

k4far please stop raising a stink about this, its really becoming stupid and humongous waste of everyone's time, go troll with other people on other discords and literally the other 99.9999 percent of the internet. THANK YOU!

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I hope no one is honestly believing anything k4far says. Even simple things like "Mace has some tR people, Padawan [1] players following him in game everywhere." is just completely false.

Status
Not open for further replies.