Game unplayable as soldier with retard tk point system

Lee

1 friggin shot from a worthless e11 the worst accuracy gun on the planet is like +30tk points. It's friggin impossible to play soldier with this system. A good soldier who gets top of the scoreboard is firing very near his teammates all the time. A GOOD SOLDIER NEVER ACTUALLY KILLS ANY OF HIS TEAMMATES, ONLY DAMAGES THEM FROM SECONDARY NADES AND OCCASIONAL E11 SPRAY. OR AT LEAST ONLY KILLS an average of 1 TEAMATE PER 10 ROUNDS OF PLAY (its mbii shit happens). But do you know how many friggin tk points u can scrounge up from being a soldier that doesn't kill any of his teammates and is top of the board?!?!??!?! A SHIT TON. 500+ EASILY....which is the amount most servers have chosen. And a single spray shot insta kills u and all 3 of ur lives. Meaning after playing for more than 10 rounds u are in the yellow and can no longer rack up the kills and do ur job. U might as well be in the red at that point. A good soldier never actually experiences red tk points! That in itself should tell u something, this system is classest against soldiers!

Let's do some basic math okay? 30x10 = 300. 10 rounds ur likely to have 300 tk points from 1-2 stray shots hitting 'something' friendly, taking into account the pitiful -~15 tk points u get after each round.

NOw what do I want? I WANT A REDESIGN. AND if a dev has the balls to tell me I'm wrong I WANT THE ACTUAL NUMBERS. THE CODED NUMBERS FOR THE TK SYSTEM and I WANT THEM TO do THE MATH for 10 rounds as a SOLDIER WHO IS TOP OF THE BOARD. I WANT THOSE NUMBERS, CAuse they WILL show u what a dumb biased biggoted system this is. U get me the amount for hitting anything from an e11, u get the amount for a secondary nade, u get the amount decreased at the end of the round. U add that all up. Then u multiply that number by the total number of expected rounds played. I bet u that number will NOT LLOOK GOOOD after 10 rounds of play. IF U PLOT TK POINTS VS ROUNDS PLAYED...remember kids, rounds played is the independent variable so put it on ur x axis....U WILL SEE A LINE GOING UP!!

So long as I don't actually kill my teammates I shouldn't have anywhere near as many tk points as somsone who joins and tks 2-3 ppl in a row. How many tk points do they get for tking me a soldier? NONE. ITS LIKE NOTHING. Nobody ever thinks twice about tking a soldier! That's what doesn't make sense! Soldiers are designed as support and suppression. But this k point system seems to be designed around every other classes accidently killing them!!! I've never seen good soldiers just zulu and charge retardedly in the middle of everything. Cause they'd be extinct! Soldiers are always more or less keeping to their zones. They are hard to accidently hit. Jedi and sith on teh other hand....holy hell, they just have no idea where they are half the time and run any which way through friendly or enemy fire. VERY EASY to hit a friendly sith/jedi in a firefight. VERY HARD to kill them unless ur actually try to (only idiots don't use team overlay).

I basically have to stop playing as soon as I hit the max. Impossible to play from there on out. Then I have to either quit for the day cause it takes until server reset or at least 20+ rounds for the tk points to come down to a reasonable level again. Or I ruin my score, and intentionally tk 1-2 people.....get banned....and come back in the 5-10 rounds required to 0 tk points. WHAT KIND OF IDIOT SYSTEM IS THAT!?!?/

The solution is not an increase in server tk points. That makes no friggin sense, actual tkers would just be able to kill more ppl before leaving.

The solutions:

DECREASE THE POINTS FOR STRAY SHOT TKS. +30 IS TOO FRIGGIN HIGH. Also fix the deka 2tk point that's a hatecrime! Three stray shots shouldn't equate to the penalty for an actual tk (+100 points base) if they dont kill anyone....which they won't cause the gun dmg is shit.
CHANGE THE TK POINT DISTRIBUTION! ~230-250 is the amount u can usually get for killing a teammate intentionally. This is equivalent to about 9 friendly fire incidents. Given all of the above....HOW IS THAT FAIIR!?!?!? .
ADD MORE NEGATIVE TK POINTS TO EACH ROUND! This would decrease everyones points by more at each round end and allow for the accumulated tk points of classes like soldier to get absorbed so they can actually play the game and not get executed by the Gods. Would also encourage good behaviour for extended periods rather than encouraging more tks to fix ur points via ban. The tk point system should really be designed to prevent intentional tks firstmost, and stupid carelesss tks second. Good soldiers don't do either of these things as outlined above.

a GOOD IDEA:
Change penalty for tk infractions. Stray shots when at the threshold shouldn't execute people. that's just retarded. It ruins the immersion and completely ruins gameplay....players often even intentionally do moves that cause one enemy to get tk point executed from another. That' just wrong. So I propose a much better system: If u are in the yellow and u hit someone u DON'T get EXECUTED AND RUIN UR DAMN SCORE/LIVES. Instead if ur accumulating more than ur losing each round u sit a round out. U get forced to spec at the start of the next round. Easy, done. Everyone wins.

Or here's another idea: Karma system. The tops of the scoreboard are carrying the team. U are doing the things u r supposed to on the map...the obj.....the kills...the whatever. So why shouldn't u be allowed more leeway when it comes to tk points???!?! Why should someone who just joined and started executing pppl from behind be treated the same as u? They shouldn't.

Oh u hate that idea don't u. UUU HHHHATE IT. Ur all about "its not about points its about making everyone feel welcome, its about inclusiveness!". So punish my score harder daddy. HARDER. U alrdy tank ppls POINTS for being gunners so hard that any sith/jedi out there with half the score u have is above u. SO tank me harder. HARDER. I will take that tank in points over my tk points anyday and I promise u I will STILLL FIND A WAY TO THE TOP OF THE LEADERBOARD. AND MAKE U EAT IT. I'll make u ALLL EAT IT.

ty for ur consideration.

Last edited:

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
Each server can determine how they want their TK points system to work. Some may be more forgiving than others.

ADD MORE NEGATIVE TK POINTS TO EACH ROUND! This would decrease everyones points by more at each round end and allow for the accumulated tk points of classes like soldier to get absorbed so they can actually play the game and not get executed by the Gods. Would also encourage good behaviour for extended periods rather than encouraging more tks to fix ur points via ban. The tk point system should really be designed to prevent intentional tks firstmost, and stupid carelesss tks second. Good soldiers don't do either of these things as outlined above.
While your point regarding shot TK points being high might be valid, I think the problem lies more-so with the server owner not setting things to be more forgiving with the 'TK_ForgiveAfterRounds' / 'TK_removedPerRound' cvars than with us, the devs. I personally think if you are shooting your ally more than twice, you should probably stop that, Jaden. I don't believe blaster TK point punishments are high, but I do think at times rockets or grenades can be. It's rather circumstantial.

Here are the cvars any server owner should/could modify to their liking:
Code:
// Anti-Teamkill System:
set TK_MinorFriendly "1"                // Ignore damage amounts below 5 for purposes of applying TK_Spec (Stray very minor splash damage is permissible.)
set TK_Spec "450"                    // Player will be forced to spectate if he/she has accrued this many TKPoints for team kills or hurting teammates. 0 = disabled.
set TK_Kick "750"                    // Player will be kicked and temp-banned from the server if a player has gotten this many TKPoints for team kills or hurting teammates. 0 = disabled.
set TK_ForgiveAfterRounds "2"                // How many rounds must pass without any TKing by the player before TK_RemovedPerRound applies. 0 = always.
set TK_RemovedPerRound "75"                // Each round that passes without the player having done any TKing, this many TKPoints will be removed from their total. 0 = disabled.
set TK_TempBanForRounds "20"                // Number of rounds player gets banned for after exceeding TK_Kick count.

Also, I suggest less sugar before posting. ;]

Last edited:

Lee

Each server can determine how they want their TK points system to work. Some may be more forgiving than others.

None of those settings changes the INHERANT SYSTEMATIC CLASS/RACIAL bias in the system. So we are back to my original OP. Also still waiting for someone to give me my MATHS on 10+ rounds as a sold. Do that and we can workout the ideal administrative settings based on what u posted. And then u can set those as the default to encourage it at the very least. I think you'll find that it doesn't translate though and the solution isn't server-side.

Last edited:

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
I don't think I've ever legitimately gotten executed or otherwise for TK points so this strikes me as strange. TK points do need some adjustments though but it's low on the priority list.

GeneralKenobi

Internal Beta Team
1 friggin shot from a worthless e11 the worst accuracy gun on the planet is like +30tk points. It's friggin impossible to play soldier with this system. A good soldier who gets top of the scoreboard is firing very near his teammates all the time. A GOOD SOLDIER NEVER ACTUALLY KILLS ANY OF HIS TEAMMATES, ONLY DAMAGES THEM FROM SECONDARY NADES AND OCCASIONAL E11 SPRAY. OR AT LEAST ONLY KILLS an average of 1 TEAMATE PER 10 ROUNDS OF PLAY (its mbii shit happens). But do you know how many friggin tk points u can scrounge up from being a soldier that doesn't kill any of his teammates and is top of the board?!?!??!?! A SHIT TON. 500+ EASILY....which is the amount most servers have chosen. And a single spray shot insta kills u and all 3 of ur lives. Meaning after playing for more than 10 rounds u are in the yellow and can no longer rack up the kills and do ur job. U might as well be in the red at that point. A good soldier never actually experiences red tk points! That in itself should tell u something, this system is classest against soldiers!

Let's do some basic math okay? 30x10 = 300. 10 rounds ur likely to have 300 tk points from 1-2 stray shots hitting 'something' friendly, taking into account the pitiful -~15 tk points u get after each round.

NOw what do I want? I WANT A REDESIGN. AND if a dev has the balls to tell me I'm wrong I WANT THE ACTUAL NUMBERS. THE CODED NUMBERS FOR THE TK SYSTEM and I WANT THEM TO do THE MATH for 10 rounds as a SOLDIER WHO IS TOP OF THE BOARD. I WANT THOSE NUMBERS, CAuse they WILL show u what a dumb biased biggoted system this is. U get me the amount for hitting anything from an e11, u get the amount for a secondary nade, u get the amount decreased at the end of the round. U add that all up. Then u multiply that number by the total number of expected rounds played. I bet u that number will NOT LLOOK GOOOD after 10 rounds of play. IF U PLOT TK POINTS VS ROUNDS PLAYED...remember kids, rounds played is the independent variable so put it on ur x axis....U WILL SEE A LINE GOING UP!!

So long as I don't actually kill my teammates I shouldn't have anywhere near as many tk points as somsone who joins and tks 2-3 ppl in a row. How many tk points do they get for tking me a soldier? NONE. ITS LIKE NOTHING. Nobody ever thinks twice about tking a soldier! That's what doesn't make sense! Soldiers are designed as support and suppression. But this k point system seems to be designed around every other classes accidently killing them!!! I've never seen good soldiers just zulu and charge retardedly in the middle of everything. Cause they'd be extinct! Soldiers are always more or less keeping to their zones. They are hard to accidently hit. Jedi and sith on teh other hand....holy hell, they just have no idea where they are half the time and run any which way through friendly or enemy fire. VERY EASY to hit a friendly sith/jedi in a firefight. VERY HARD to kill them unless ur actually try to (only idiots don't use team overlay).

I basically have to stop playing as soon as I hit the max. Impossible to play from there on out. Then I have to either quit for the day cause it takes until server reset or at least 20+ rounds for the tk points to come down to a reasonable level again. Or I ruin my score, and intentionally tk 1-2 people.....get banned....and come back in the 5-10 rounds required to 0 tk points. WHAT KIND OF IDIOT SYSTEM IS THAT!?!?/

The solution is not an increase in server tk points. That makes no friggin sense, actual tkers would just be able to kill more ppl before leaving.

The solutions:

DECREASE THE POINTS FOR STRAY SHOT TKS. +30 IS TOO FRIGGIN HIGH. Also fix the deka 2tk point that's a hatecrime! Three stray shots shouldn't equate to the penalty for an actual tk (+100 points base) if they dont kill anyone....which they won't cause the gun dmg is shit.
CHANGE THE TK POINT DISTRIBUTION! ~230-250 is the amount u can usually get for killing a teammate intentionally. This is equivalent to about 9 friendly fire incidents. Given all of the above....HOW IS THAT FAIIR!?!?!? .

a GOOD IDEA:
Change penalty for tk infractions. Stray shots when at the threshold shouldn't execute people. that's just retarded. It ruins the immersion and completely ruins gameplay....players often even intentionally do moves that cause one enemy to get tk point executed from another. That' just wrong. So I propose a much better system: If u are in the yellow and u hit someone u DON'T get EXECUTED AND RUIN UR DAMN SCORE/LIVES. Instead if ur accumulating more than ur losing each round u sit a round out. U get forced to spec at the start of the next round. Easy, done. Everyone wins.

Or here's another idea: Karma system. The tops of the scoreboard are carrying the team. U are doing the things u r supposed to on the map...the obj.....the kills...the whatever. So why shouldn't u be allowed more leeway when it comes to tk points???!?! Why should someone who just joined and started executing pppl from behind be treated the same as u? They shouldn't.

Oh u hate that idea don't u. UUU HHHHATE IT. Ur all about "its not about points its about making everyone feel welcome, its about inclusiveness!". So punish my score harder daddy. HARDER. U alrdy tank ppls POINTS for being gunners so hard that any sith/jedi out there with half the score u have is above u. SO tank me harder. HARDER. I will take that tank in points over my tk points anyday and I promise u I will STILLL FIND A WAY TO THE TOP OF THE LEADERBOARD. AND MAKE U EAT IT. I'll make u ALLL EAT IT.

ty for ur consideration.
Have you tried walking when you're shooting an e11

Dill Pickle

Donator

While your point regarding shot TK points being high might be valid, I think the problem lies more-so with the server owner not setting things to be more forgiving with the 'TK_ForgiveAfterRounds' / 'TK_removedPerRound' cvars than with us, the devs. I personally think if you are shooting your ally more than twice, you should probably stop that, Jaden. I don't believe blaster TK point punishments are high, but I do think at times rockets or grenades can be. It's rather circumstantial.

Here are the cvars any server owner should/could modify to their liking:
Code:
// Anti-Teamkill System:
set TK_MinorFriendly "1"                // Ignore damage amounts below 5 for purposes of applying TK_Spec (Stray very minor splash damage is permissible.)
set TK_Spec "450"                    // Player will be forced to spectate if he/she has accrued this many TKPoints for team kills or hurting teammates. 0 = disabled.
set TK_Kick "750"                    // Player will be kicked and temp-banned from the server if a player has gotten this many TKPoints for team kills or hurting teammates. 0 = disabled.
set TK_ForgiveAfterRounds "2"                // How many rounds must pass without any TKing by the player before TK_RemovedPerRound applies. 0 = always.
set TK_RemovedPerRound "75"                // Each round that passes without the player having done any TKing, this many TKPoints will be removed from their total. 0 = disabled.
set TK_TempBanForRounds "20"                // Number of rounds player gets banned for after exceeding TK_Kick count.

Thank you for this.

Also give that man more uppers, a gopro and a livestream. Only good things can come after that.

God, you're out of touch. It's all twitch streaming now. FFS, number one abuser is a tool called Dr. Disrespect.

Missed opportunities.

Dill Pickle

Donator
God, you're out of touch. It's all twitch streaming now. FFS, number one abuser is a tool called Dr. Disrespect.

Missed opportunities.
Out of touch? ME!? I'll have you know I'll be posting about this on my Yahoo! GeoCities blog.
My myspace.com friend Tom is going to hear all about this!