Galactic Conquest/Supremacy Gamemode

2cwldys

FA Contributor
Donator
Internal Beta Team
Hello everyone.

I am currently working on bringing Competitive Full Authentic to Moviebattles, through the use of modified legends siegeteams to simulate Galactic Conquest.

The project is not far from completion, short of some adjustments to future versions of MBII spanning build details known to the Open Beta.

rc4AN8m.png

I am in a dire need of private testers, and we test every Saturday.

I would welcome those to join the project discord if they wish to further involve themselves with the project, which is short of 100 members.

There is twelve accessible eras that players will be able to access, content wise, all able to be traversed using ACHUTA's rock the legends scripts, which they contributed for the use of the project. Spanning from the Mandalorian Wars to as late as Thrawn's Ascendancy. Featuring minor NPC factions players will contest on the galaxy map, with their own unique siegeteams and .mbch character files. Major factions who subsume the lesser ones, may gain benefits over the enemy team. Creating a unique level of player strategy to Moviebattles unlike seen before, with a high level of replayability for the Moviebattles modification.

The way that the campaigns will be handled will not be much different from how open players handle scrimmages. Team commanders make decisions on a photo-edited galaxy map, in a way that is discord coordinated. This will come in handy when Mace's planned Conquest and Conquest domination features are fully implemented into Moviebattles, with the use of mb2_bop, mb2_cq and mb2_cqd maps. The commanders can unlock classes to be used in matches with the use of a point-buy system available to them, wagered in a manner of credits earned in wins and losses. With a limit of special units, each individual class is tailored to a singular purpose, for team synergy among slightly beefier soldiers than open. Each decision will carry wins or losses that surpass the round based nature of the game, but allows a game mode that follows the competitive spirit that Moviebattles wants for it's players. All instant kill, or sniper classes are locked behind leader bonus unlocks.

A lot of eras, and their classes are structured to feel similar to the classic Battlefront II (2005) by Lucasarts.
Sporting high density soldier gameplay, with a lot of carnage, and overall focus on completing the objective similar to Open.
Rigerous testing and many headaches and lost sleep have brought this gamemode to your fruition!

Special units, featuring rocket troopers, jetpack troopers, engineers, medics, and more are available in almost every playable era, creating unique experiences in matches that are never one in the same.

There will be a "Quick Battle" server as a planned feature, which will be a server with modified siegeteams that cuts out unnecessary campaign class jargon to better function as a generic legends server, with the core classes as detailed in the generic class outline. Fit for players disinterested in mechanics surpassing the round based nature of the game.

——

I want to shout out a huge thank you for the playtesters, as well as FrenZy, and MBII John: who have helped me in recent months, without you I don't think the project would have got very far.

Currently the .pk3 sits at over 40 siegeteams, with 500 character files and rising, with siegeteams for unique circumstances if met on the galaxy map.

3Ks6upA.png

You can access the handbook for additional reference material, which is a work in progress, lacking a few eras documented.
You can access the roadmap to view planned features for the gamemode.

Credit due to all that have supported the project can be found in the special thanks portion of the handbook in kind!
NO ones contributions will go unnoticed, and all credit is due where it is best deserved!

e.g:

OCD2
W4jxOgp.png

Kitsu-Nesh'Kaa
XpfSMFM.png

——

Thank you! I want to foster a better environment for Moviebattles, as well as a gamemode that the casual player can pick up that is highly forgiving, with many respawns even for special classes. Our playtests have shot way above expectations, with some playing for hours after the playtest. I hope to see player involvement as I believe this is a project that would be beneficial to Moviebattles, on top of being heavily ambitious and creative. The project has welcomed many contributors, as a hub of creative content expansion.

Adding to the highly awaited publicity post, I am releasing the Projectile Heaven CTF pack I have made for my friends. Privately tested and refined for player enjoyment. Featuring fast respawning, sniper-capable classes with other special unique ones to present a challenge. The .pk3 will be available to the public and all can join our test server throughout the week until official Conquest tests on Saturdays.
Join our discord to gain access to the necessary files!

——

The goal is complete and total integration into Moviebattles assets, with official servers to host gameplay for different regions; to combat many gatekept issues socially within the community. This project should be officially hosted by the mod as per my request for the contribution to the community at large!

I will keep the Moviebattles community updated of all progress, and I hope to share my contributions with all of you!

May the force be with you!

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Got to play Galactic Conquest a couple of times now and loved it to be honest, i don't wanna spoil to much but it really brings back memories of battlefront 2 (2005) and in a way if the possibility of high scale battles will definitely feel like battlefront 2 (2017) 2cw has been really helpful with understanding the concept further as well and i really loved every moment!

2cwldys

FA Contributor
Donator
Internal Beta Team
We are going to attempt to host weekly scrims, public to all players, outside of our playtests on Saturdays to garner more attention and accurate feedback surrounding the gamemode, played accurately with coordinated class limits and rulesets I have in place. If this interests people, join our discord and we will arrange a day of the week to coordinate this!

2cwldys

FA Contributor
Donator
Internal Beta Team
rc4AN8m.png

The project has gained much progress and is currently at 15 eras.
Featuring 7 bonuses that affect all generic soldier classes, layered with replayability and complexity, and access to special units.

ACHUTA is working on Rock the Era && Rock the Bonus scripts, utilizing the ancient Release Candidate 3 campaign rotation files, check it out!

Aaaand, here's some footage of our daily scrimtests:

We are in need of more active testers! Without your feedback the project will be a lot slower in it's completion.
The plan if all is well, with updates to latest FA changes, there will be a release sometime after this next patch, to pair well with conquest features.

The Event Coordinators with the MBII Galactic Conquest team wish to host an FA grand campaign out of the 15 eras!
Join our discord for testing and more information! We utilize a custom NSIS auto updater to gain access to latest files in order to play.

GENERIC CLASS OUTLINE:

Soldier
Officer
Heavy Rocket Trooper
Heavy Machine Gunner
Vanguard/Veteran
Saboteur
Jet Trooper
Engineer
Medic
Flame Trooper
Hero Snipers/Bounty Hunters
Support Jedi/Sith
&& ~ MORE

LIST OF ALL ERAS:

1. Galactic Civil War (ra/em)
  2. Clone Wars (ca/da)
  3. Mandalorian Wars (or/mf)
  4. Jedi Civil War (or/re)
  5. Darth Malgus’ Sith Empire (or/me)
  6. EU/Legends Thrawn’s Ascendancy // Imperial Remnants (nr/eh)
  7. EU/Legends Fall of the Black Sun // Criminal Syndicates VS New Republic (nr/bs)
  8. Rise of the First Order // Disney Canon (re/fo)
  9. Rise of the Exile // KOTOR II Dark Wars (ex/st)
  10. Rise of the Empire // Andor Early GCW Era (an/em)

BONUS ERAS

11 Lego Star Wars // Clones vs Stormtroopers (lca/lem)
12 Shadows of Dathomir // Zombie Survival (su/zo)

13 Hordes of the Yuuzhan Vong (ga/vo)
14 Rise of Darth Krayt // Sith-Imperial war (fel/kr)
15 Conquest of the Eternal Throne // eternal empire wars (et/or/se)

LATEST CHANGELOGS:

CHANGELOGS: ~ 7/31/2024
z_zz_mb2_sup_assets.pk3
84.9 mb

TWO DEFENSIVE BONUSES A MATCH,
OR ONE OFFENSIVE BONUS.

- All soldier variants reduced from E-11 (3) -> E-11 (2)
- Officer class reduced from 125 HP/ 125 AR -> 100 HP/ 100 AR
- OOM Officer Droid reduced by `1` lives (era 2)
- Saboteur pistol ammo increased

LIMITS BY POPULATION (playtests):
Low Pop (3v3) - 1 special unit
Med Pop (5v5) - 2 special units
High Pop (7v7)+ - 4 special units - 1 leader

---

- DEFENSIVE BONUSES -

BACTA/KOLTO BONUS:
- Access to Medic Class
- 75 HP (base) -> 85 HP (+10)
- Personal Small Bacta/Kolto (HI_MEDPAC)
- Unavailable to Droids
- Passive Healing (1)
200 CREDITS (campaign)

SUPPLIES BONUS:
- Access to Engineer Class
(Ammo Dispense/Armor Heal/ Fast Hack)
- Additional Frag Grenade
- Increased Weapon Magazine
(+50 CLIP, +100 AMMO)
300 CREDITS (campaign)

COMBAT SHIELDING BONUS:
- 25 AR (base) -> 35 AR (+10)
- Unavailable to Droids
- Armor Regen (1)
200 CREDITS (campaign)

GARRISON BONUS:
- Lives increased (+2)
- Special Units allowed
(Excluding Medic, Engineer, Saboteur)
- First to 4 -> First to 6 (for team, scrims only)
300 CREDITS (campaign)

ENERGY BOOST BONUS:
- Stamina (1)
- Dexterity (2)
- Arc Roll
- All KOTOR era soldiers further upgraded
(No longer parry, more BP with Stamina)
300 CREDITS (campaign)

- OFFENSIVE BONUSES -

ENHANCED BLASTERS BONUS:
- Increased Accuracy & Rate of Fire (E-11 - 3)
- Increased Weapon Magazine
(+50 CLIP, +200 AMMO)
- Overcharged Pistol (3)
- Minor, yet significant increase to ALL damage
(+1 - +2~ +/-) *TBD*
200 CREDITS (campaign)

MVP: (scrims only)
- Granted to weekly MVPs
- Defensive bonuses used negate MVP class usage
- Small yet significant increases to the following:
Increased Magazine (+25 CLIP, +50 AMMO)
Increased Accuracy (E-11 - 3)
+0.5 to DAMAGE
75 -> 80 HP
25 -> 30 AR

GENERIC LEADER BONUS:
- Access to one life, one hit kill, sniper or force support classes.
500 CREDITS (campaign)

LIST OF CONTRIBUTORS & CREDIT DUE:

Sandbox -
grenade trails & alt hitmarkers .pk3s

'Goose' Goosto -
FA design ideas, power-up suggestions

Junebug -
ERA design, power-ups design, GC lead testing (past), scrim ruleset work (open rulebook)

Torlo50 -
ERA design, FA design and ideas, kotor eras and galactic civil war

FrenZy -
campaignrotation scripts, early development blessing, FA debugging

Arron Dominion -
programming, open era design, imperial remnants era design

John (.gcj) -
FA design, core team, development direction, FA file debugging

Bob Billy -
FA kotor lore direction, fa suggestions, kotor era design, named leaders

Unguided -
FA kotor lore direction, named leaders, kotor era models

OCD2 -
FA design and ideas, kitbashing, assistance with jetpack troopers

GamerChad42 -
custom unique sniper vfx for rifles & work on the DoM/BH pack

ACHUTA/mantlar -
scripter team, rock the era & bonus systems

Amberlykse -
scripter team, assistance with python and java scripting

Lucious/drillerslegacy -
supremacy server, campaign test server

Brawler -
supremacy auto updater

TehPandemic -
battlefront sound replacer audio

Noodle -
zombies and witches of dathomir models

Kitsu-Nesh'Kaa -
modeler team, kitbashing custom model content, darktroopers, jetpack troopers

LwKill -
acclamator bridge for gc_intermission, permission to modify

Jeff -
yuuzhan vong models
eternal empire models

Keto -
yuuzhan vong models

Legacy RP community -
imperial knight models

Nodlewaffle -
alien stormtrooper variants for fel empire

+ ~ ALL OUR PLAYTESTERS !!

My Projectile Heaven legends sniper CTF files with JKA ghost & bunny hops, will be in by next update.
Bringing a new action packed skill ceiling to sniper play unlike seen before in Moviebattles. Enjoy, and may the force be with you!

---

ALIASED COPIUM:

ON2ZFOO.png

RE:

download.jpg

V

Last edited: