•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Fullscreen not full

Hey, I have a little issue. When I start the game, this is what it looks like.
desktop
As you can see, there is a gap on the right, where my desktop is visible.
I have changed the resolution in-game, and checked the configuration file. It is 1400x900. Does the game not support 16:10?

Windows 7. I ask here as this has never happened in any other program. Thank you for your time.

Lervish

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
That's a bit odd. I've had some trouble with these sort of less common resolutions, but never seen that I think. I used to play in windowed mode for 16:10. It's not a real fix for it, but it has an extra perk: you can minimize out of the game just by Alt+tabbing instead of having to get a minimizer. :)

If you used the menu, one thing to try out might be to do it manually via console commands (even though the menu practically does the same nowadays):
/r_mode -1
/r_customWidth <desired width>
/r_customHeight <desired height>
and see if you get a different outcome.

Otherwise toying with the values to one direction or the other might fix it. :)

Ok so...I fixed it, but I did a bunch of things in addition to what you told me, so I have no idea what actually happened. I'll take it though.

Now, my good sir instead of making another thread, may I ask another thing? How do I play this game online? No guides mention anything... My server list is empty and nothing happens at all when I add an IP. My firewall is set to allow jampmp. What am I missing?

Open a console by pressing Shift + ~ (aka Shift + `)
Type:
Code:
/connect 173.234.30.210:14267
Press Enter.
Describe what happened after that.

Establishing connection ... #, with # being an infinite count. It's the screen with two saber hilts crossed, and a "welcome player #5092850924982" message at the bottom.

Also, I have the GOG game.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Establishing connection
There is no such message as "Establishing connection".
There are "Awaiting connection" and "Awaiting gamestate".
Please concentrate, and quote exactly what are you getting, paying attention to actual text that is displayed.

Perform connection attempts to different servers, not only to 173.234.30.210:14267.
You can find IPs and ports of active MBII servers here: Movie Battles II Server List
Try as many servers as possible, carefully tracking what messages game prints in each case.

If there is "Awaiting connection" text all the time, that's probably because Movie Battles is blocked by firewall.
Make sure that files jamp.exe and mbii.x86.exe (BOTH THESE FILES!) are allowed in firewall and anti-virus.

Also try:
Start => Run => type:
Code:
cmd
=> Enter => type:
Code:
tracert 173.234.30.210
And then:
Code:
ping 173.234.30.210
Post a screenshot to this thread.
You can see an example of such screenshot below.

ec1933f997d3.png