Framerate issues?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Yeah, but now I'm back at square one. No matter how I launch mb2 now, the framerate is bad.
o_O You mean you got bad framerate even when you run game via Steam, with MBII Launcher off, not loaded?

Kaj

Ever since I did what you said and launched with the launcher, yes. Each different method of running it runs the game with a bad framerate now.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Ever since I did what you said and launched with the launcher, yes. Each different method of running it runs the game with a bad framerate now.
Damn.
OK, let's try some voodoo. Do what you did before:
Edit: Launched JAMP normally(via EXE, not steam), then loaded MB2 in via Setup>Mods. Framerate was fine. Animations were all bugged. Gonna fiddle around some more.
And make sure you don't have any other software in background. Movie Battles only.

Kaj

Base JAMP launched via the exe had no framerate issues. Loading MB2 by going JAMP.exe mods>mb2 had no framerate issues. Launching the game through steam with +set fs_game mb2 is still producing framerate issues.

This is giving me a headache. I guess I have to reinstall a third time.
Edit: I don't have the patience for another reinstall. I'll do it some other day. Thanks for trying to help, everyone.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Base JAMP launched via the exe had no framerate issues. Loading MB2 by going JAMP.exe mods>mb2 had no framerate issues. Launching the game through steam with +set fs_game mb2 is still producing framerate issues.
Weird.
Are you sure your results are stable? Do you spend enough time for testing? Do you use same conditions (server, settings...) for testing?

Then try this: open Steam Library, Properties. Switch "Enable Steam overlay while in-game" to opposite value.
Run mb2 using Steam again.
This is giving me a headache. I guess I have to reinstall a third time.
I'm not sure that will help...

You said you don't want to use MB Client because support of widescreen is broken. You can try jaMME, it displays widescreen HUD properly, though I'm not sure how good your frame rate will be.
https://jkhub.org/files/file/1712-jamme

Last edited:

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Sounds to me like JASP.exe is getting throttled by your computer for some reason (launcher swaps JASP and JAMP for Steam due to Steam not providing any way for launching multiplayer from external programs). That is the only difference when using the launcher to start JAMP.

Something what happened to me was when I first got to play mb2 on the a new laptop which was using Windows 8. I got unstable 30 FPS but I installed Windows 7 on it instead because I was never a fan of Win8 but since Win7 my game runs stable on 90 FPS on everything high etc.
I know it may sound weird but maybe it will help.

Kaj

I'm already on Windows 7 to begin with.

I'm gonna start reinstalling today, just gonna run it through steam and not the launcher.

EDIT: Okay, framerate is fine, I'm just never going to launch through the Launcher. I'll only open it if there's an update. Mark this as solved.

Last edited: