Framerate issues?

Kaj

I've done that before and it didn't help. Did it just now and there's still no difference.

EDIT: So I tried launching base JKA multiplayer and went to 'create a game' with bots, and the framerate is still problematic. This is seriously boggling my mind as to why this would happen.

Last edited:

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
This just makes me believe even more this is a problem with your graphics properties somewhere in the 3D settings. Do you have any other games that are doing this that you can test out?

I would give NVIDIA inspector a download and tinker around with it's profile settings.

Kaj

CS:GO runs fine, Skullgirls runs fine, Witcher 3 runs fine. I'll try that Nvidia Inspector out though.

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/C1Nu3A3.png What's this tell you?
Edit2: Meanwhile (as previously stated), launching MB2 with the openJK version doesnt have this framerate issue, so it's baseJKA's fault somehow.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Try running game without Steam integration.
Try running game without MBII Launcher (using Steam).
Did you tried renaming your config to reset a settings?

Supa

The Serial Stacker
CS:GO runs fine, Skullgirls runs fine, Witcher 3 runs fine. I'll try that Nvidia Inspector out though.

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/C1Nu3A3.png What's this tell you?
Edit2: Meanwhile (as previously stated), launching MB2 with the openJK version doesnt have this framerate issue, so it's baseJKA's fault somehow.
That you may have a secondary graphics processor. Does your motherboard come with built-in Intel HD? If so make sure that it isn't your default graphics processor.

What I'm seeing is that your current clock isn't anywhere near the default or max clock speed of your card.

Kaj

That you may have a secondary graphics processor. Does your motherboard come with built-in Intel HD? If so make sure that it isn't your default graphics processor.
Intel Core i7 CPU 2.67 GHz, 4 cores, 8 logical processors. Seems like it might?

Supa

The Serial Stacker
When you go to your NVIDIA control panel 3D settings, do you see a drop down menu for "Preferred Graphics Processors"?

In any case it has to be a jamp.exe specific problem.

Kaj

I do not.

Edit: Launched JAMP normally(via EXE, not steam), then loaded MB2 in via Setup>Mods. Framerate was fine. Animations were all bugged. Gonna fiddle around some more.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I do not.

Edit: Launched JAMP normally(via EXE, not steam), then loaded MB2 in via Setup>Mods. Framerate was fine. Animations were all bugged. Gonna fiddle around some more.
Try this:
Close MBII Launcher.
Right click on Jedi Academy in your Steam Library and select Properties. You should see a button labeled Set Launch Options. Select that, and in the text field copy and paste +set fs_game "MBII". Whenever you start Jedi Academy Multiplayer through Steam it will automatically load to Movie Battles II.

Then open Steam Library, Properties once again. Switch "Enable Steam overlay while in-game" to opposite value.
Run mb2 using Steam again.
Installation & Troubleshooting Guide

Last edited:

Kaj

I don't know how or why, but my framerate is back to normal. Thanks, I guess? But I still don't know what changed.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I don't know how or why, but my framerate is back to normal. Thanks, I guess? But I still don't know what changed.
Now, when your framerate is normal, how do you run the game? Same way or now you use Steam and before that you used MBII Launcher?

Kaj

I used to use MB2 Launcher, but now I'm doing the +set fs_game method launching through steam.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I used to use MB2 Launcher, but now I'm doing the +set fs_game method launching through steam.
Now try running game using MBII Launcher. What about framerate?
Then run MBII Launcher once again, but don't start MB using Play button; start game using Steam. Check framerate again.

Kaj

Trying to run the game from the launcher gives me 'corrupt zone header'.
Doing the other one has no impact on framerate.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Trying to run the game from the launcher gives me 'corrupt zone header'.
'corrupt zone header' occurs when single-player executable is used to play MBII. If MBII Launcher starts wrong .exe, maybe it's because it couldn't rename files because they were locked by Steam.
Try this:
Shutdown everything related to Steam. Exit MBII Launcher. Start MBII Launcher, click Play. Check framerate.

Kaj

I closed steam, have to log back in after hitting PLAY on MB2 Launcher

Edit: Logged back in, I didnt get corrupt zone header. Loading a server now
Edit2: It's a launcher issue. My framerate is back to being shit.
Edit3: Launched through steam. Framerate is bad again.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Edit2: It's a launcher issue. My framerate is back to being shit.
Then I guess now you know how to fix it... :)

MBII Launcher was updated recently, so maybe this new version provokes frame dropping somehow.

Kaj

Yeah, but now I'm back at square one. No matter how I launch mb2 now, the framerate is bad.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Right click on Jedi Academy in your steam library, select properties and under the local files tab select verify integrity of game cache. Run the game through Steam from now on and keep the launcher in the background (for the minimizer and whenever it needs to update).

Actually, I did notice something, but disregarded it because it didn't affect my game in any noticeable way. If I run MBII through the Launcher, if I go to launch Jedi Academy MP through Steam, it runs SP instead. I'm gonna ask Lou and see what's going on there.