•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Forward kicking isn't working properly with W key

I'm talking about kicking with a single saber out. It works in any other direction (a + use + slap, d + use + slap, s + use + slap) but when I try to kick forward (w + use + slap) nothing happens. The only way I can forward kick is pressing the up arrow, I don't know why it only works with that key but not my W key. Does anyone know how to fix this or why its happening to begin with?

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Works for me both in jamp and mbii client.
Please upload your config.

Try to close all application before launching Movie Battles, especially those which have something to do with keyboard, keyboard layout or have global shortcuts: audio players, "Punto Switcher" etc.
Try to bind forward, slap and use to different keys. Try as many as you can. What happens when you rebind "A" to forward, "W" to left? Can you kick left, can you kick forward?

Preston

Nerd
Try testing out changing the w key to like e or something and see if that works, if it does, there may be a problem with your keyboard

Works for me both in jamp and mbii client.
Please upload your config.

Try to close all application before launching Movie Battles, especially those which have something to do with keyboard, keyboard layout or have global shortcuts: audio players, "Punto Switcher" etc.
Try to bind forward, slap and use to different keys. Try as many as you can. What happens when you rebind "A" to forward, "W" to left? Can you kick left, can you kick forward?
I just tried swapping W with other keys, W functions fine when rebound and the key bound to forward can do the forward kick. W can move forward fine but just can't kick, specifically just the W key from the looks of it.

Attachments

• jampconfig.txt
    13.7 KB · Views: 235

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I just tried swapping W with other keys, W functions fine when rebound and the key bound to forward can do the forward kick. W can move forward fine but just can't kick, specifically just the W key from the looks of it.
I'd better reset your config, cause using it I cannot do kicks as well.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
The only edit I made to it was adding seta broadsword "1"
Well I meant reset all changes in config, made by GUI, too.
But it doesn't matter now. I've tried it and I found that keybindings are very buggy even with clean config. I couldn't even set R for Use using GUI!
I don't have a time now, I'll look into this in future, for now I can only suggest you to change key binding. I think Use could be a problem, try to bind it for some other key.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Well I meant reset all changes in config, made by GUI, too.
But it doesn't matter now. I've tried it and I found that keybindings are very buggy even with clean config. I couldn't even set R for Use using GUI!
I don't have a time now, I'll look into this in future, for now I can only suggest you to change key binding. I think Use could be a problem, try to bind it for some other key.
Well, I tested it as thoroughly as I could and I can say that something in key handling is seriously broken.

I tried jamp, mbii.x86.exe and latest openjk and playing using any .exe I couldn't do forward kicks when "W" = Forward, "R" = Use and "X" = Slap. It's simply not working. This is the weirdest bug of Movie Battles I've seen, ever. Wrong, not a bug of Movie battles, but a hardware bug; see beLow.
I suggest TS to use other key bindings. Some of them working, some of them not.
For example, I was able to do forward kicks when I assigned "T" key to Use.

Also there is a very strange bug with Controls dialog. Steps to reproduce:
  1. Assign some keys, "M" and "N" for example, to Use.
  2. Assign Use to new key, which stands in alphabet after N, "T" for example.
  3. Open Controls => Interaction again. You'll see "M or N". wtf.
But this won't happen if key that you assign stands in alphabet before key already assigned to Use.
Therefore, when there'll be "A" and "B" binded to Use, you won't see any other letter in Use, no matter how hard you try (reopen Controls required!).

Bonus stuff:
  1. Open Controls => Interaction.
  2. Bind "Q" to Use, bind "W" to Use.
  3. Close Controls.
  4. Open Controls => Interaction.
  5. Bind "E" to Use, bind "R" to Use.
  6. Close Controls.
  7. Repeat for the rest of you keyboard.
  8. Now you have all of your letter keys binded to Use! You can press some three keys at once and see a funky message above and in console.
When you'll open your config you'll see something like:
Code:
bind "A" "+use"
bind "D" "+use"
bind "E" "+use"
bind "F" "+use"
bind "G" "+use"
bind "H" "+use"
bind "I" "+use"
bind "J" "+use"
bind "O" "+use"
bind "P" "+use"
bind "Q" "+use"
bind "R" "+use"
bind "S" "+use"
bind "T" "+use"
bind "U" "+use"
bind "W" "+use"
bind "Y" "+use"
I've tried same thing with Jump, but I didn't get more than 2 keys assigned at same time.
What a freaking, cursed action is Use!

...Or maybe I'm just crazy? Or my MB2 turned into potato? Would be nice if somebody else check it. :)

bb7c0c17791e.jpg

Last edited:
Fools!

It might(emphasis on might so don't bite my head if I'm wrong:)) have nothing to do with what client your using but with what keyboard you are playing with and how you set your binds.

Look up n key user rollover if I remember right.

Certain key combinations will not work if pressed together. That is the fault of the keyboard, and World of Warcraft which ushered in the change from arrowkeys for gaming to WASD the new generation trash use. Sorry new generation trash, you are what you are. Because of you, they started making INFERIOR keyboards screwing over Godly Purists such as myself. True Players use ARROW KEYS and the RIGHT Side of their Keyboard. ITS THE RIGHT WAY!

More on the subject:

Rollover (key) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

n-key rollover
Certain high-end keyboards have "n-key rollover". This means that each key is scanned completely independently by the keyboard hardware, so that each keypress is correctly detected regardless of how many other keys are being pressed or held down at the time.[3]

Most music keyboards use isolation diodes in their keyboard matrix to implement full n-key rollover (sometimes abbreviated NKRO), making them immune to both key ghosting and key jamming.[4]

However, to reduce cost and design complexity, most computer keyboards do not isolate all keys in this way. Instead, they use a matrix of key switches, without any isolation diodes, that assumes that only a limited number of keys will be held down at any given time. With these keyboards, pressing as few as three keys can cause ghosting effects,[4] although care is taken when laying out the matrix arrangement that this does not happen for common modifier key combinations.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Fools!

It might(emphasis on might so don't bite my head if I'm wrong) have nothing to do with what client your using but with what keyboard you are playing with and how you set your binds.

Look up n key user rollover if I remember right.

Certain key combinations will not work if pressed together. That is the fault of the keyboard, and World of Warcraft which ushered in the change from arrowkeys for gaming to WASD the new generation trash use. Sorry new generation trash, you are what you are. Because of you, they started making INFERIOR keyboards screwing over Godly Purists such as myself. True Players use ARROW KEYS and the RIGHT Side of their Keyboard. ITS THE RIGHT WAY!

More on the subject:

Rollover (key) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
At first, I was going to write a reply full of complaints and whining that you didn't even read my previous post.
But I decided to perform some tests before.
And yes, actually it looks like a hardware problem.

I started mb2, binded
W = Forward
R = Attack
X = Jump
And I wasn't able to swing while jumping forward! It only was working when I use left mouse button to attack!

Then I quit mb and loaded Quake 3. Same cool story. Can't jump forward and shoot with W + R + X, can with mouse button.
Then Doom 3. Same.
I stopped bangin games and went to the Windows desktop. Held W + X + E for a few seconds. Speaker has started to beep. W + X + R. Still beeps. W + X + T. Nothing.

I restarted my computer and went to BIOS settings. W + X + E, and speaker is beeping, very quietly though. W + X + R, beeps. W + X + T. Silence.

Nice job, Chaos. Thanks.

So I suggest @slutman to get a new keyboard. Or motherboard. Or both. Or use "T" instead of "R".

But all this doesn't answer why I can bind my whole keyboard for one action (Use) using GUI, and can't do same for other action (Jump). It's independent from hardware, I guess.

Also I use arrows too. And maybe this is the reason why I sooooo suck at MB. I've seen many times opinions on the Internet that only lamers play on arrows.

Also I still want people to check my results.

I can only walk and attack in 5 directions.5 directions!

Think what that means for sabering. For gunning. Playing like you're a chess piece isn't so fun when everybody can execute a few more moves than you:)

It's whats made me from awesome to just great. They've taken one of my legs. But I'm still hopping along.

I gave up looking for a keyboard after going through 5.