Formal Apology

Some of you have come to know me as something of a demagogue. I would rattle off criticisms of the Movie Battles II mod with all the fiery indignation of the common man, you, the player. These criticisms came easy to me and the passion with which I flung out insults to developers and appraisments of updates was a bottomless pit of spite indeed. Suffice to say, I am ashamed of these outbursts.

I'm sorry. To the devs, to the coders, to anybody else I might have slighted in these three years of my career as the #1 Player of MB2 in North America.

I suppose I simply got used to raging against developers of games as the primary opponent to my personal fun. In my defense, many other games have developers that actively meter the fun of their game for reasons of profit. AAA games nowadays are busted with how transparently they want to milk their playerbase of money and time, with no respect to the player's time or regard of his finances.

MovieBattles II is different, though. It isn't managed by a cynical wing of EA games to fill a niche. It isn't pimped by Zynga to steal our attention and keep us playing. It is a passion project by a team of dedicated volunteers who put in their blood, sweat and tears to give us an unrivaled experience in the Star Wars Universe. Any balancing or changes made to the game are done so with the hope that the lifespan of this fantastic project can be lengthened.

That being said...

C'mon dude wookies with stagger??? Are you kidding me??? Getting knocked down by their M2 isn't enough??? I thought flinch was removed because it was unreliable and yet every time a wookie hits me I stagger. Knockback sucks! It sucks as a gunner because I bean somebody in the head with my gun but it pushes them like 20 feet back so I have to aim again instead of hitting the perfect shot!

ALSO M2 GRENADES ARENT INSTA-DET ANYMORE???? DUDE!

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
C'mon dude wookies with stagger??? Are you kidding me??? Getting knocked down by their M2 isn't enough??? I thought flinch was removed because it was unreliable and yet every time a wookie hits me I stagger.

Knockback sucks! It sucks as a gunner because I bean somebody in the head with my gun but it pushes them like 20 feet back so I have to aim again instead of hitting the perfect shot!

ALSO M2 GRENADES ARENT INSTA-DET ANYMORE???? DUDE!
Wooks stagger Sith with Fury level 2 if they are crouching. All you gotta do is time your swings right to hit them. Gunbash also causes stagger, but it has pretty minimal impact on gameplay except to cause a little room for you to get out of range potentially of a swing (or cancel one about to hit you). I will say we do have some plans for Wook which should change a lot of fury-related complaints, but that's slated for a bit later, maybe next year even.

As for knockback, it can be difficult landing all shots with knockback, I agree... but the flinch system was really pretty broken in favor of Jedi/Sith, especially flinching into an insta-swing. For me personally, after a little bit of time I've learned to adjust my shots and land them consecutively, even with knockback. Plus, generally if you knock them back that far, you're likely able to finish them off quick since their FP is now quite low. The only real saving grace for saberists right now is swingblocking to block shots (pseudo-q3) via defense 3. That's definitely very strong and allows for saberists to save themselves in dangerous situations. It's nice that you can choose to do that or go in for the killing swing regardless of damage. I personally like how the saber v gunner dynamic is right now, it feels pretty good compared to the old days with Q3 and the more recent days of low FP drains and OP saberists running around everywhere flinching 20 times before somehow still killing you.

Alt Frag grenades being nerfed as hard as they did is definitely a controversial choice. I personally think it was the right one, especially considering how FP drains and knockback made it more difficult for saberists to kill gunners. Thing is, if you land that 40 dmg nade on your target, you're almost guaranteed a kill on a saberist if you can aim. And, it can be quite fun to cook the nade or throw it off a wall to clear someone camping a corner. Also worth mentioning alongside the alt nade nerf came a buff to both fire and sonic nades, both of which are really quite strong now in the right hands.

I don't expect you to agree with all my points here but wanted to give you some insight into my reasoning for making those changes. There were a few nerfs made to some big 'insta-win' tactics (like mando rockets now being staggered if shot enough times during firing / delays to dive-bombing, dodge and ruptor) which I think have really helped with balance. It's set the table for a lot of new ideas to come in as well, which we are excited to start creating.

Also, appreciate the apology. Though...I hope you also don't miss the irony behind apologizing and then immediately complaining, lol. That kind of dulls the apology a bit, but it's better than nothing, certainly. You have been quite a thorn towards me over the years, for reasons I never quite understood. I hope things can be more amicable in the future and hope you enjoy all the new things coming to Open soon ™️. It is important for the player base to understand how much work we put into a game which gives us no return usually, and lots of pain in game from trolls who feel entitled enough to ruin our experience when we do get the time to just hang out and play. I don't expect to be treated royally but being given some respect for all the hours put into this ancient base instead of being flamed in-game is nice.

Last edited:
FrenzY, people only get emotional about what they care about. It was obvious from the jump that Slash loved this game. Like a bantha.

Wooks stagger Sith with Fury level 2 if they are crouching. All you gotta do is time your swings right to hit them.
yeah cause if they don't crouch they get knocked down and die. That's not even the problem with the stagger though. The problem is that wook barge has been bugged since fucking forever and hits more than once (and it's been on the Trello as a bug since I reported it to tempest years ago) making you stagger multiple times and on top of that it also bugs your inputs making your next swing right after the stagger ends a W swing no matter what buttons you're pressing which is especially fucking annoying with red since that swing is so slow and useless (aka the style supposed to kill wookiees).

There were a few nerfs made to some big 'insta-win' tactics (like mando rockets now being staggered if shot enough times during firing /
now do the same with arc rocket ty
Alt Frag grenades being nerfed as hard as they did is definitely a controversial choice. I personally think it was the right one, especially considering how FP drains and knockback made it more difficult for saberists to kill gunners. Thing is, if you land that 40 dmg nade on your target, you're almost guaranteed a kill on a saberist if you can aim
now do the same with quick throw cause it's the same but you don't even have to aim. Ty.

Last edited:

Fang

Donator
its like a youtube video

>sighs
>10 seconds of fake tears
>explain situation
>anyway can you guys like buy me a game change?

There were a few nerfs made to some big 'insta-win' tactics (like mando rockets now being staggered if shot enough times during firing / delays to dive-bombing
basically mandos have to play stealth to get kills with rocket or sniper becoz hurr durr uhhmmm they can fly.
arcs just have stronger versions of everything that mando has lol. I'm not sure about the damage of arc rifle snipes but its for damn sure much quicker at firing, completely accurate at all times, and it feels like the small projectile on arc rifle lets you hit people easier especially when sniping between boxes.

if mando's mobility and mid-range anti jedi utilities are all they are allowed to have, then arc is not allowed to do dexterity roll leaps, if that is even possible to patch out of the game. I'm sure it isnt an intentional feature anyway but every pro arc rocket autist or pro arc rifle boy likes to roll jump across the map using macros, while heroes now have to learn a very specific timing and take quickthrow2 or swap to wookie with barge to do a nade jump :sleepy:

#1 NA? i believe that title belongs to me.
Wrong. It's me. I'm the main character.

As for knockback, it can be difficult landing all shots with knockback, I agree... but the flinch system was really pretty broken in favor of Jedi/Sith
Alt Frag grenades being nerfed as hard as they did is definitely a controversial choice. I personally think it was the right one, especially considering how FP drains and knockback made it more difficult for saberists to kill gunners.
See if we just reversed both of these changes then both gunners and sabers get insta-kill mechanics back.

Also, appreciate the apology.

Also, you're welcome :)

its like a youtube video

>sighs
>10 seconds of fake tears
>explain situation
>anyway can you guys like buy me a game change?
AND?

NA drama is fucking cringe ngl
yeah yeah whatever hope russia doesn't invade europe bro!!!

il mi namo es SlashBolt

I forgot this dude existed, I last saw this dude on tR in like 2020.
hi duck!!!

As the top EU player I would be eager to test your power levels one Sith Lord to a.. well, whatever you happen to be..
i'm kind of a bounty hunter/smuggler/gray jedi(leaning more towards sith)

yeah yeah whatever hope russia doesn't invade europe bro!!!

il mi namo es SlashBolt

hi duck!!!

i'm kind of a bounty hunter/smuggler/gray jedi(leaning more towards sith)
That seems like a weird range, but I will return to this board in the next update and inform you of where our characters stories can intertwine and roleplay

(though we can do it through forums if you would prefer though I should warn you I'm very powerful and you might not like the result of an encounter with me)

korriban.jpg