•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Force Speed Bug

Hey team,

Is there any way to get an interim patch fixing the force speed bug? If it looks to be too timely, I was one of 2 developers of LegacyMod and wouldn't mind taking a look. This bug keeps getting me killed in open and I'm kinda over it lol.

Thanks!

Hey Defiant.

There is a reoccuring bug where if you use force speed, the sound plays, it TAKES your force points, but speed DOES NOT activate. And so you lose the fp and enter the cooldown, etc, without moving fast.

Then the gunner you pushed prior to trying to use speed gets back up and blasts you.

I found that it happens right after you turn on your saber; if you turn on the lightsaber, and the instant its fully activated you turn on speed, it'll play the sound, drain the FP, and do absolutely nothing else

definitely something that doesn't seem intended, I'm not sure if there are more ways for this to occur, that's just how I've managed to recreate it.

I found that it happens right after you turn on your saber; if you turn on the lightsaber, and the instant its fully activated you turn on speed, it'll play the sound, drain the FP, and do absolutely nothing else

definitely something that doesn't seem intended, I'm not sure if there are more ways for this to occur, that's just how I've managed to recreate it.

Usually it happens to me if I use push or jump within the previous few seconds.

It's really devastating each time it happens, though.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I once talked about this with @GoodOl'Ben and he said it is probably smth engine related. If you execute too many commands too fast it may ignore the last. It sucks tho since it limits fast gameplay movements and it is hard to fight against instincts of doing everything as quickly as possible. This exact same bug happens with mindtrick too : takes up your force, makes the sound but also instantly deactivates.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
I've seen instances of this happen as well and had it marked down for when I look through the various force powers alongside the bug where you can get stuck in speed lunge when being shot in certain parts at the end of the move.