Force ''Push'' nerf / thoughts and questions.

To me, most people say "just walk" well yeah that's obvious.
The problem I encounter is that playing as a BH, I run when the jedi get about 10 body lengths close, and they can pretty much STILL push me at that distance, and by the time I get up the jedi is within swing distance. It's frustrating.

Also the "just walk" argument is obvious, but it sucks sometimes. I play Pistol 3 hero/BH and when I "walk" a jedi gets right on to me within seconds, and it's pretty damn hard to try to stop a jedi from swinging with P3. Because once a jedi swings and you miss just ONE pistol, you're done. That's a bit off topic though, pistol 3 is perfect in terms of balance.

When playing BH always get Poison darts. They are so damn good vs. jedi they either HAVE to rush you without blocking (which is a test of your gunning skills), retreat and wait for the FP drain to stop, or go banzai and try to waste FP like push, etc but be at an even greater risk if they fuck it up.

Getting a Pistol-3 headshot will instakill Jedi even at Full HP (45 dmg x 3 dmg modifier [headshot]) * 0.8 (passive jedi dmg reduction) > 100 (jedi max hp).

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
...I'd love to see it toned down and other powers brought in line with it so they all are just as useful..
This is basically what I'm trying to do (not just with Push but basically making baselines useful but not oppressing and having the investments (getting higher levels) actually feel impactful).

Getting a Pistol-3 headshot will instakill Jedi even at Full HP (45 dmg x 3 dmg modifier [headshot]) * 0.8 (passive jedi dmg reduction) > 100 (jedi max hp).
actually pistol 3 does 40 dmg and with the new damage reduction 40x3*0.8 == 96 therefore the jedi will still kill you

actually pistol 3 does 40 dmg and with the new damage reduction 40x3*0.8 == 96 therefore the jedi will still kill you

Ah I thought it was 45.... RIP.

Edit: Wouldn't it make sense to have it 1 shot a Jedi/Sith though at Level 3 with a headshot? Since the shots are slower than Pistol 1 & 2 and you have to aim well or you're fucked.... idk. Wrong thread to talk about this more.

To me, most people say "just walk" well yeah that's obvious.
The problem I encounter is that playing as a BH, I run when the jedi get about 10 body lengths close, and they can pretty much STILL push me at that distance, and by the time I get up the jedi is within swing distance. It's frustrating.

Also the "just walk" argument is obvious, but it sucks sometimes. I play Pistol 3 hero/BH and when I "walk" a jedi gets right on to me within seconds, and it's pretty damn hard to try to stop a jedi from swinging with P3. Because once a jedi swings and you miss just ONE pistol, you're done. That's a bit off topic though, pistol 3 is perfect in terms of balance.
Use gun kick. That's how I do it.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
This kind of thing is why I think precision weapons (e.g. pistols/snipers) should have lower base damage (to make them more lenient across the board, assuming they have high base damage in general already) but higher multipliers on head shots.

P.S. Currently looking at removing DR completely from Jedi/Sith (since it was basically put in there in the first place to offset other things that aren't in anymore either).

This kind of thing is why I think precision weapons (e.g. pistols/snipers) should have lower base damage (to make them more lenient across the board, assuming they have high base damage in general already) but higher multipliers on head shots.

P.S. Currently looking at removing DR completely from Jedi/Sith (since it was basically put in there in the first place to offset other things that aren't in anymore either).
that would promote skill-based gameplay and aiming for the head, also please do the DR is so gay

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team

What about our squishy, saberless friends?

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Could you give force whores a larger force pool or something? Make it a little more, I dunno, USEFUL?!?!
A lot of my rework stuff is being looked at with the intent to make Force builds a non-troll spec by default. Increased FP pool and better regeneration (not baseline value changes exactly) are among a number of things that I have (more or less) nailed down amidst others to accomplish that.

i'm sorry, is learning 30 different hidden mechanics and leading my shots halfway the entire fucking screen not enough for you?
its more forgiving against other gunners too, i don't think you realize but if the base damage is lower it means you can survive more shots in a gunfight and when a jedi/sith charges you its really not that hard to hit them in the head at point blank so its a win-win addition

A lot of my rework stuff is being looked at with the intent to make Force builds a non-troll spec by default. Increased FP pool and better regeneration (not baseline value changes exactly) are among a number of things that I have (more or less) nailed down amidst others to accomplish that.
What if they could also force focus quicker when melee is equipped?

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
I don't get the logic behind this, care to elaborate?
He's saying switching away from saber to fists, or if you only have fists, could allow Force Focus against enemy force users faster. It's that shimmery glow around an enemy force user when you're close to them and looking at them for a few seconds, it allows powers to work through force block.