Force pulling rockets

Sonichu

Donator
Is it possible? I just had a round where I fired an ARC rocket at a Mandalorian and a Sith was about 10 metres behind me. The rocket fired 180 degrees behind me, exploding harmlessly. There was no one in a position to push it in the it's path.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Not Pull but Push can make projectiles do funky things depending on the angles (I've had times where I push a rocket going past me and it decides to change to flying at my face..).

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
As a mando/ARC when desperate i usually rocket in the face of jedi/sith and turn 180° just before they push so the rocket turns 180° again to obliterate them. Depends on luck though, if they push a bit late, the rocket might travel too much distance away from both of us and come back right at me instead of right at them; same potential result if they push early but the rocket doesn't have the correct angle with respect to their push aim.

As I've noticed pull is mostly used by duelists, on open mode not so often.
Besides push is a must for Jedi/Sith support and can be a save for the team.
Pull not much although it's funny to see sometimes a wookie with disruptor or a soldier with clone rifle.
Here's an example of push usefulness. I did not see that rocket coming, all I could use was my hearing.

Is it possible? I just had a round where I fired an ARC rocket at a Mandalorian and a Sith was about 10 metres behind me. The rocket fired 180 degrees behind me, exploding harmlessly. There was no one in a position to push it in the it's path.

It is mostly about how push actually works with rockets. It is well illustrated on Helix's video.

When you push a rocket the game finds the point where your crosshair is currently aimed at (whether it is a wall, or another player's model), and then makes the rocket go from its current location in that exact direction.

With Helix, he died because he was aiming at a wall right in front of him. Most likely, something similar occurred to Sonichu - someone was standing in front of you when the push happened, and since the point where crosshair converged was closer to you than the rocket, the rocket flew in your direction, luckily past you in a wall behind.