Flaming angel passing by

I honestly don't get how to play this mod, i tried a numerous times during the last 5 years. I don't get why when i am still with 80 bp, i get killed by a straight blow in my parry, i dont get why when i get pbed i got my Bp drained, but when I pb, the guy end up killing me anyway with his bp full. I don't get how the damn thing works, and there's too much things to know to be good, so much i still dont get it, 5 years later.
I feel like there is a LOT of gatekeeping in the community, not on the forum; people are nice here, but ingame, that's mysoginist/racist/antisemitic/bullying all over the place And i'm not even talking about the cheaters, that are all over the place, and seems to be ignored, their very existence is even denied at a point that some clans have a few cheaters in their team
And i know i'm bad a this game, and i can't watch any tutorial, because english is not my language, and i just dont get half the thing explained on it
I feel that all of that is making this mod less and less played by new player And more and more occupied by players you can't learn with anymore, because their level is that far above yours.

Last edited:
1st. Grow a backbone. Learn some tolerance. Ever think your standards are the problem?
If you don't have a thick skin after 5 years of playing within an *alleged* toxic community, there's something wrong with you.

2nd. I find it hard to believe that after 5 years you didn't learn anything. To me that screams lack of attempt and or concentration.

And hey, what prevented you from asking for help? The forums alone have tutorials and there have always been players willing to teach in-game.

This is not a failure of the mod. This is the failure of the individual.

Oh my god dude, what the hell is wrong with you?
Do you realise your level of agressivity?
1- I never said i played during 5 years, i said i stopped, and came back a few times to give it another try.
2- Never said i didn't learn anything, but that i didn't get how the mod works. I'm well aware of the 4 Years old Tutorials, and i do see that i mentioned that it wasn't easy to get when you're not good with english. So the first big failure here, is your ability to properly read something.

And hey, being agressive and insulting with someone who didn't do anything to you, is the basic toxicity i'm referring here. And you got to be a real asshole to ask someone to suck in the insults and trashtalk. Even if respect is the number on rule on every servers, and this forum.

Players willing to explain are great, but there's a limit to what they can teach you, and what you have to learn by yourself. This last one is hard because of those many times you die without any clue why you did. And i'm not talking about the number of people that just told me bullshit.

To conclude, i'll say that your message manage to tell a lot of things, all irrelevants, and none of it is bringing me any answer to my concern.

Definition of uselessness.

Last edited:
Just keep playing you'll eventually get good at the game

make sure u watch good players play and also be sure to ask questions and what not

also learn english if u rly want to understand all the tutorials

I guess that's what i'm going to do.

But know that the most difficult thing is to be clueless. Because not bein able to understand why you fail, will just lead you to fail over and over. And finally just quit.

Tonight i played with very nice players, and it was a pleasure, they helped me, real good people.

But really, the tutos on the front page might need a little update.

Thx for the answer Fluffy. Honestly, got no problems with the trooper parts, it's the dueling where i'm the most confused lol. But i guess it's normal.

Oh my god dude, what the hell is wrong with you?
Do you realise your level of agressivity?
1- I never said i played during 5 years, i said i stopped, and came back a few times to give it another try.
2- Never said i didn't learn anything, but that i didn't get how the mod works. I'm well aware of the 4 Years old Tutorials, and i do see that i mentioned that it wasn't easy to get when you're not good with english. So the first big failure here, is your ability to properly read something.

And hey, being agressive and insulting with someone who didn't do anything to you, is the basic toxicity i'm referring here. And you got to be a real asshole to ask someone to suck in the insults and trashtalk. Even if respect is the number on rule on every servers, and this forum.

Players willing to explain are great, but there's a limit to what they can teach you, and what you have to learn by yourself. This last one is hard because of those many times you die without any clue why you did. And i'm not talking about the number of people that just told me bullshit.

To conclude, i'll say that your message manage to tell a lot of things, all irrelevants, and none of it is bringing me any answer to my concern.

Definition of uselessness.

Um.

This is a failure of *you*. Not anyone else.

Maybe stop discounting that bullshit from people that kick your fucking ass? DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH!>>?

Schmuck.

You. Are. Pathetic.

You're a whiner. Period. Talking about aggression and passivity from 1 post? Are you special? Why, yes, yes you are.

The people that wrote the tutorials on these forums? English is their second language. You're excuse is asinine. You have sucked for the last 5 years because you have SUCKED!

edit; in case of poor translation. You had 5 years. Half a decade. Cut the crap. Own your shit. You suck because you're lazy.

Last edited:

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Dueling is the hardest part in this game. Or it is if you do not have enough time and real passion for learning it. I’ve played this game since 2006. I can hold my own usually in public duels but if any real dueler comes at me I usually have no chance in a technical duel. Better players I can only win by tricking them into something stupid.

the public gameplay should be ok if you just play enough. Dueling indeed is a lot harder to learn if you do not have a teacher. I sometimes go to duel servers but at some point I lose interest. There is that magical ceiling I do not bother to get over to become really good at dueling. I just dont find it worth it. It takes a lot grinding to perfect one’s dueling technique and learning other players playstyles. Also the fact that the rules of dueling seem to change every build so it is hard to keep up if youre not already a master dueler.

Gargos is correct and wrong. You want to be a dueling master? Dedicate your life like the rest of the 24/7 duel fanatics.

Otherwise, there is a ceiling. If you only play this mod intermittently and mostly just on duel servers - you'll never reach the top. Not just knowledge but practice keeps you sharp.

The rest, exactly as I said.

But.....................To all Ye Bastards, young and old.

I'm more concerned about this increasingly pervasive attitude of hurt feelings that distract from the joys of killing and posting in game and on the forums.

Not just here but everywhere.

Hard truths are now just flames. They can be both and so what? Learn tolerance.

Last edited:
I have no idea how to duel after a fucking decade. I used to be able to hold my own but then the changes came, and came, and came. It's the single thing in the game that you won't get good at by just normally playing, no, you have to speak with people what the hell half the mechanics are and how exactly they are supposed to work. Aint nobody got time for that

Tbh people who aren't committed tend to overestimate how much work it actually takes to become good at one thing. Dueling isn't overcomplicated, it just seems that way at first. I've been affected by dueling changes as much as anyone who has played since B17, it always boils down to how well you adapt to these changes, not how ridiculous these changes are themselves.

More pressing issues than a complex system is how unpolished dueling is in general, for example a person can learn to abuse a certain mechanic in a certain way, this describes the main metas in general. The fact that it's broken seems less important than the ability to abuse certain mechanics, from what I've seen, and people justify it by calling it a diverse way of playing. Be it as it may, when people say they have no idea how to play, it really means they haven't tried all the 'glitches' and 'workarounds' themselves to find out what's good and what's bad. There are many ways to learn, but a good player begins by having good self-analytical abilities.

Secondly people want a more approachable system AND a system that has a skill curve pros wouldn't be disappointed about. Catering to those players - who want to simplify things, whose contribution to learn things by themselves is questionable - leads to an unimpressive system in general.

I'm sure the new tutorials are a good way to teach dueling in an interactive manner and that's a good start, however it is vital dueling system changes in the big picture need to stop, it has to be polished until that point that people can feel more comfortable knowing the main mechanics wont change significantly in the next iterations.

Last edited:
1st. Grow a backbone. Learn some tolerance. Ever think your standards are the problem?
If you don't have a thick skin after 5 years of playing within an *alleged* toxic community, there's something wrong with you.

2nd. I find it hard to believe that after 5 years you didn't learn anything. To me that screams lack of attempt and or concentration.

And hey, what prevented you from asking for help? The forums alone have tutorials and there have always been players willing to teach in-game.

This is not a failure of the mod. This is the failure of the individual.

I agree with Chaos. In that, you must acknowledge that you are the problem, and grow from there.
Principles for growth:

Blame no one but yourself.
Practice makes perfect.
Get up after you fall down.

As for cheaters, I have only come across one in my years of experience.

Finally, as much as you may not like to hear it, I would suggest 'growing thicker skin'. You do not need to like what is said, but you can't let it affect you. Adaptation is the cornerstone to thriving in any given environment. If you can not evolve, you will die off or become cattle, and the stronger will take your place.

Last edited:

eShuma

EU Official Server Admin
I agree with Threep.

There are many mechanics but all of them can be explained by one person over an hour or less. However to understand those mechanics you need to commit for grinding duels and indeed have self analytical abilities to be good.

More you duel bigger chance to find good duelers and people who eager to help you.

As for myself i started playing 9 hours a day looking rot the best duelers on server to learn atleast something. Then i met good duelers who were nice to show me some mechanics and teach me. But the most important thing was to try to learn new everytime you play and it is easier by analyzing how people duel.

It is about dedicating yourself to something you liked and how patient you are at grinding.

Also what is your native language? Why you can't understand guides but can write posts this long?

Karus

Donator
I think the dueling in this game may just not be for you, bro.
Goliath mentioned this previously and Chaos touched on it slightly, but in MBII, you:

- Sweat this game out until your balls shrivel up inside your gooch
- Play the game and accept you're less able than other players due to lack of commitment (for whatever reasons),
or
- You uninstall and never play again.

This mod is hard. It's not easy to play, it takes a lot of time and a strict mindset to become even slightly proficient at things, especially dueling.
I do agree with you, it is the games fault, but it's why we love it, and it's why so many of us still play everyday.

Every time you get on, ask for help in learning individual mechanics. If you have time, try a duel server.

When you die, remember what killed you, and also spectate the player with the best score.

I play maybe once a week or less, and I routinely have the highest score on my team. I never used tutorials, rather I just played a bit here, a bit there, and suddenly I find I'm literally scoring 7 or more kills in a round and dying only to tk's.

If you decide to stay, we're happy to have you, just give it your best and remember that you can have fun without winning.