First Person game MODE!

k4far

Banned
Donator
It is quite fun when everyone is using it. Let us see things from a bit different perspective.
Duel/ Open/ Full Authentic - we should also be able to force view/s for our servers.

By default we can switch between them, but what if there were first person only servers.
Shall we, see?

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
I would be totally down for this, but we need to make first person FOV adjustable. Sometimes I like to play in first person for the hell of it, but the fov is god awful. You can't tell whats going on unless it's directly in front of you. If we could make this happen I would host a server with it. Sounds very fun.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Works fine in jamp. Heres comparison of lowest and highest.
g3uASr7.jpg
a9zAA6O.jpg

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
The FOV is capped at 97 iirc. Incidentally, there's also a SEPARATE cvar for setting True View (or w/e it's called) FOV. It's ALSO capped at 97.

My two cents about all this:
1. I think first person FOV and third person FOV should be two completely different cvars, and first person FOV should have a much higher cap, since third person with a lower cap is almost always going to give you a visibility advantage anyway over 1p with a higher cap.
2. I like the idea of a server setting that forces first person. It would definitely affect quite a lot about the tactics, cuz nobody would be able to cornerpeek and everyone would have a much more difficult time maintaining situational awareness (especially in very close-quarters situations). It would encourage different strategies. I would bet that saberists would be relatively worse, gunners would be more preferred. It would be really interesting. I'm definitely interested.

bonus third cent: I wish somehow that True View could show your own entire player model as translucent, since your own gun gets in the way most of the time.

bonus fourth cent: My keybinds include having scroll-up be First Person and scroll-down be Third Person. I strongly recommend this to anyone who wants to be able to very comfortably and quickly switch between the two, although I haven't actually used it much in practice, since I've adapted pretty heavily to aiming in third person with 0.6/0.6 cameradamp/targetdamp settings.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I would never use saber with 1st person ever in my life. That's a good point though. This would really favor gunners and I like that.

as long as the server browser identifies the game mode as 'first person open' or 'first person full/semi authentic', I don't want to play first person only because ARC-FU relies on precise movement with 3p camera so you can run around corners effectively, significantly harder to do if not impossible in first person, plus I already use first person, have it bound to mouse 4 because of the amount of times I get up close to someone and want to aim better than I want to look cool.

Just make it first person for everyone but jedi/sith
Them getting the edge in awareness that way would be completely justified both in gameplay and canon

I can't see anything wrong with giving the option, but i probably wouldn't enjoy the mb2 gameplay after the novelty wears off. It would favour defensive snipers even more and there are abilities/classes which feel limited in first person (mostly Saberists,ARCs and melee).