Feedback Thread: v1.11 Open Beta #3 - June 7th 2024

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
General:
  • Lots of fixes targeting changes from live because of input changes (primarily different animation cancels happening or not happening).
  • Adjusted Mandalorian rocket cancel hp threshold to account for damage normalization.
  • TK system:
    • Fix: Fixed quite a few bugs including one major one that was causing TK point accumulation per round to not reset (resulting in sporadic behavior/random large amounts of TK points to be given among other issues).
    • Fix: Grip not giving TK points to the user.
    • Fix: Ice thrower now gives TK points. Small amount when using it on an ally that increases after they've been frozen.
  • Deka:
    • Adjusted health and shield totals to account for damage normalization.
      • Health: 200/300/400 -> 260/390/520/520.
      • Shield: -> 200/300/500/700 -> 260/390/650/910
    • Adjusted Shield Discharge cost to account for damage normalization
      • 150 -> 195
    • Reduced shield piercing ratio from Projectile Rifle from 33% to 25%.
Sabering:
  • Fix: Not being able to deflect less common weapon types like sentry turrets.
  • Downstab damage split between being in the air and on the ground (65 and 50 respectively).
  • Reduced in-return block/mblock defense damage multiplier from 0.75x to 0.50x. Also removed partial ACM gain for the attacker.
  • Removed early swing timer damage clamping.
  • Tweaked my adjustments to hitbox/collision logic that should be a little more lenient on high ping/chasing people down as well make parrying work as intended (less instas / more similar to live timings).
  • Damage multiplier when being hit while doing melee moves increased from 1.2x to 1.4x.
  • Saber Styles:
    • Purple:
      • Lowered AP from 12 to 10.
    • Duals:
      • Reverted 15% swing speed nerfs from OB#2.
Force:
  • Change: Reduced cost of Attunement 1 to 0 points.
  • Change: Max Grip time increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
  • Change: Force now regenerates in the air while in melee or while your saber is turned off.
  • Change: Force Focus builds faster (400ms -> 300ms tick rate) faster vs targets who are moving while not blocking/walking/crouching
  • Fix: Deadly Sight not being able to be turned off.
  • Push/Pull/Repulse:
    • Level 2 powers now only do displacement on AOE and only knockdown on aimed targets.
    • Level 3 Pull only steals weapons on aimed targets.

Last edited:

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
What exactly is the design philosophy of this system?

I feel like too few skill mechanics are being rewarded.

The system has been slowly developed in an out-of-touch vacuum by a circle of inferior, confused players.

You're not going nearly far enough with the changes; please listen to top duelists more, since we all basically want the same few things consistently.

1. Reliable counters off of PB/MBC.
2. PB in return.
3. No yaw-clamping.
4. Reward skill more, not less (e.g buffing PB. not nerfing it).

If you can't even do this bare minimum, do not expect further feedback from me. Consider my & other high/top-tier duelist's feedback from the last 4-5 years more carefully.

Leo

Internal Beta Team
What exactly is the design philosophy of this system?

I feel like too few skill mechanics are being rewarded.

The system has been slowly developed in an out-of-touch vacuum by a circle of inferior, confused players.

You're not going nearly far enough with the changes; please listen to top duelists more, since we all basically want the same few things consistently.

1. Reliable counters off of PB/MBC.
2. PB in return.
3. No yaw-clamping.
4. Reward skill more, not less (e.g buffing PB. not nerfing it).

If you can't even do this bare minimum, do not expect further feedback from me. Consider my & other high/top-tier duelist's feedback from the last 4-5 years more carefully.
well spoken