MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Leave your feedback from the open beta here!

Info

After playing for 20 mins here's what I've got:
Turrets on Tatooine are really tanky (take 3 awkward to hit saber attacks (yellow style) to kill)
ET's, soldiers, commanders, pretty much any class with less mobility or no sniper (SBD and Wook especially) are very vulnerable to mandos, sniper classes and sabers and it doesn't feel good to play as them in the more open areas
Some indication of the changing obj would be a good feature (even if it is difficult to implement)
On some sections of the map I got spawned facing the wrong direction, so if I would walk forwards I would only go into invis walls

Bob-Billy

KotOR CMP Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
Everything was fine except for this weird visual on the moutains... (I had the same issue for Korriban although I was only spec).
20191124190045_1.jpg
20191124215816_1.jpg

(This is the WARNING : SHADER message I had)
20191124190357_1.jpg

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Everything was fine except for this weird visual on the moutains... (I had the same issue for Korriban although I was only spec).

I think you have a broken shader somewhere in a replacement or other download that is interfering. I looked closer at your screenshots and I can see that the minimap is also bugged. You might want to look around in your files a bit.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
On Scarif there's an out of bounds escape behind the imperial shuttle, to the left of the drop.

On HVV mode, droidekas have power management AND discharge. These are both on the same key.

Desert siege needs some better cover for rebel spawn on part 1. Imps can snipe them right away.

I think Korriban needs a lot of work if its ever going to play reasonably well in open. The terrain is just not friendly at all to gunners, especially those that lack mobility. FA will be fine though.

The restrictions on force/jetpack use with objective items should probably just be removed mod-wide honestly. I can't think of a good reason to keep it on any map that has it.

dwarf

Donator
Was great to play Base Siege maps with 20+ players after what, 15 years? Can't wait to see CTF imported in the future.
Really good fun, hope to test it again soon.

I think Full Authentic mode is suited best for it, as sniper spam on Desert Siege makes it to camping focused. Class count restrictions are definitely something that needs to be controlled, but still open is fun regardless.
Didn't really encounter any bugs or anything, other than the general stupidness of the Rancor NPC.
Even though play time was limited, would really like to play it for extended time again to encounter anything, even with the 250 ping it still played really well.

Heroes V Villains was really fun as well, only thing i could see was just the general weapons in other classes not looking like their actual icon. (Leia's Thermal Detonator being a Frag Grenade) etc.

The A280/DLT burst fire being disabled, was confused at first when switching weapon modes and the gun wouldn't shoot. Some classes had the text saying it was disabled, some didn't.

Jango and Boba Fett, Boba has refueling jetpack, Jango doesn't. pls giv

you were no match for the might of the grenade spamming aus team gg

P.S - 3-PO OP

OP.png

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Desert siege needs some better cover for rebel spawn on part 1. Imps can snipe them right away.

Will do

I think Korriban needs a lot of work if its ever going to play reasonably well in open. The terrain is just not friendly at all to gunners, especially those that lack mobility. FA will be fine though.

Yeah, I think it is essentially just going to be an FA-only map, or a map that you have to force class restrictions on to be fun. I would essentially have to redo everything in order for it to work. It wouldn't even be the same map any more at that point. I am also not going to put that much effort into it.

The restrictions on force/jetpack use with objective items should probably just be removed mod-wide honestly. I can't think of a good reason to keep it on any map that has it.

The objectives on Korriban are kinda designed to use teamwork with force powers and to get around the map obstacles though. Taking it off kinda invalidates all those obstacles, but I might have to remove it. Not sure yet.

I think Full Authentic mode is suited best for it, as sniper spam on Desert Siege makes it to camping focused. Class count restrictions are definitely something that needs to be controlled, but still open is fun regardless.

Yeah, more or less designed around FA or class limited structure. It is really fun though in open as long as people are being reasonable with their class picks. Only so much I can change with the level to make it more viable in open mode.

Jorge

Venom Big Boss Coder
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Very happy to see this progressing (pun intended I guess?).
Will definitely check it out once it's released. I can't wait to play the desert map from basejka. I have fond memories of that. Hopefully the hoth one can eventually be used as well.

Mr Happy Fridge

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Siege Desert, Reb Spawn needs more cover on part 1 and 2, since you can almost instantly be sniped.
Part 1 of Desert Siege, would also be that little bit better if the stations were numbered on the minimap.
Scarif2 objective was a bit odd, Imps destroying their own base.
On Scarif also the bottoms of the floating cargo just weren’t there, they weren’t actually missing textures (not sure what the correct mapping term is).
Didn't get to test Korriban or any other maps.

.biggs

uM Team Mapper
Increase Jar Jar's Grenade launcher ammo to 12.
Perhaps give him a very weak pistol to fallback on when all other ammo is depleted.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
You don't want jedi on scarif using force speed with the bomb, its a balance thing
Yeah I suppose so, even though that would make him super isolated and easy to pick off, just like when speed is used to rush any non-carryable objective.

I was mostly thinking of jump/jetpack being disabled because that gimps mobility so hard. IIRC, the current implementation is just a yes/no flag on siege objects that disables a set group of force powers. Might be nice if there were a way to toggle force powers individually.

dwarf

Donator
Would it be possible to separate the disability of force/jetpack between Open and FA? I could see in FA the class limitations and builds working with the original play style since it's basically being true to how it was, but in open with the power spike of builds, there would be no need for a handicap while transporting objective items.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Would it be possible to separate the disability of force/jetpack between Open and FA?

It might be possible, but that isn't something that is likely to happen any time soon, and certainly not before release. Requires coding support which we don't have enough of right now. Especially for a small feature in the grand scheme of things.

NPC

Donator
Internal Beta Team
mb2_scarif2

I enjoyed the map. I think the objective and the doors needs some clarification. I'm also not sure the second to last hack, the panel K2-SO dies at in Rogue One is necessary. Also, which doors are scenery, which are currently locked, which are currently unlocked, and which were always open should be clearer. Other then the graphical glitches, I didn't see any major issues. It seemed fairly balanced, a more sophisticated alternative to Smuggler for high intensity fast action. I enjoyed the fine line the map treads between limited the power of snipers without empowering Jedi, Sith, and melee wookies too much.

mb2_ps_korriban

I love this map but there are a few issues. I realize there is a very real possibility this will be a FA or class limited map only. So in the perhaps vain hope it will get a full Open release, I make the following suggestions.

The first stage forces the Rebels through two narrow access points that the Imperials can secure far too quickly. I think that could be solved easily by adding a third way, enlarging the existing corridors, or pushing Imperial spawns into a side room or two that opens into their current spawns. Neatly that would address my second point which if Rebels push through the two corridors, they are directly overlooking the Imperial spawns.

Another idea would be to reverse the spawns. It would make defending the altar easier for the Imperials and give the mapper more freedom in making the crystals easier to access if the real challenge was for Rebels to hold the Imperials in their spawn while contemplating how many team members to spare to go after the crystals.

This leads to the unfortunate crystals, I get that some people like the theme and the puzzles but all I can see is some great camping spots, especially for the blue crystal. To start with, I wonder if the breakable doors should be either pushed further down the hallway or removed entirely. The hallways to the crystals tend to have narrow checkpoints that open into bigger areas full over cover and high ground the Imperials can easily camp or turn into charnel houses with grenades. Leaving the breakable doors where they are to allow the Rebels to set the pace of the round and prevent Imperial camping sounds like a good idea but you just know noobs or trolls will give Imperials access on occasion.

Having three crystal so far apart with force powers being necessary to get away with the crystals kind of means the Rebels best tactic is to kill all the Imperials. Which is a shame considering how cool this set of objectives it. Is it ok to have a death match in the middle of progressive siege? I don't know, but I enjoyed it despite the short comings.

I didn't really get enough time in the second stage to make any real calls. I enjoyed it and Rebels seemed to have a good chance at winning if they played the objective and suppressed the Tower of Fairness. The distances involved are so long that projectile rifles are of limited use so normal blasters were just as good for sniper suppression. Perhaps again moving Imperial spawns into room that has corridors leading to the center altar with the sarcophagus, so Rebels and Imperials both get our of their spawns at the same time and are shooting at each other right away in the center would be better then the current approach giving the Imperials so much time to run for cover.

The Tower of Fairness would be a lot more fair if bounty hunters had to run up it while the Rebels have a clear shot at them the whole way. While mandos might appear OP, there are few sniping spots that don't leave the sniper exposed and are close enough to the action that even soldiers can't just dodge incoming snipes.

mb2_ps_desert

I thought this was the big surprise of the beta. It appears almost ready for release. I'll go into my concerns later but frankly I had a blast playing both sides. While it took a bit for both sides to realize what they were supposed to be doing, the objectives seem viable ways to win all but the final stage. I thought I would hate the turrets but it helped slow down attacking Jedi and made them more dependent on gunner support to easily rush the objective they defended. The buildings provide a lot of cover to approach the objectives and had enough routes to get on top of to make it a level playing field. Maybe add a few ladders or spots ARC can jump up just to mix it up.

The first stage feels almost perfect. It definitely favors Rebels but that's to be expected considering it's the first stage and Rebels are the attacker. Rebels could use a more protected spawn though. The other suggestion I have, and I hate myself for saying it, perhaps make the lifts work for both Rebels and Imperials. Maybe slow the assent of the lifts too so Imperials have a change to run if a bunch of Rebel Jedi are attacking up one. It's not game changing but its all I got.

The second stage feels like it favors Imperials a bit too much. Not because of snipers or anything, it's just because the Imperials can camp the left most station from their perspective fairly easily due too it's large size and double turrets. Unlike other two which are nade bate and lack cover. Perhaps lowering the requirement for the Rebels having to destroy seven out of nine control panels rather then all nine. That way they have to breach all the stations but don't have to clear all of them.

The third feels like it favor Rebels a bit too much. The Imperials kind of have a hard time defending the main set of bars if the Rebels are smart about taking a few shots and backing off behind cover. Once it's down, Imperials have to scramble to prevent a Jedi getting in while not over-committing lest the Rebels trap them in and take potshots or throw nades from the entrance. Maybe make the first grate's health dependent on the number of players. As an Imperial I always felt like I was losing if the Rebels had a lot of people but it was easy if the Rebels had too few.

I like both the third and fourth stages, in particular how they are complete opposites of each other. One wide open, the other small and centralized. One objectives spread around, the other with only one path to the objective.

The final stage is where I have a bit of a issue though I don't see an easy fix. For the Imperials it's hard to defend the tower from Jedi and the Rebels have the advantage for sniping with all the cover and the high ground behind their spawn. It's also extremely hard to defend the Falcon inside the hanger because of how short the distance is between the doors and the Falcon not to mention the alternate path. However the Rebels have to accomplish so much, getting all those parts to the Falcon is a pain, especially when the Imperial can track you on the map. The objective just seems like too much trouble for both teams. If the Rebels do the objective, they are splitting up their team for a very time consuming objective and open the possibility for the Imperials to defeat them in detail. On the other hand if the Imperial try to defend the Falcon, it's not a good defense unless they can hold the control tower and keep the shields up. Which is very difficult if a Jedi get's close due to the multiple entry ways and the fact they only need to press use, not hack.

Final suggestion

Changing the time limit for some stages is already been discussed, going off of that, what about a life multiplier? For instance a x2 multiplier meaning a Sith gets a total of two lives and a Clone with a reinforcement get's a total of 4 lives. Just an idea for the more complex stages. Also it would mitigate issues on needing a particular force power for a puzzle or a grenade to take a position if you didn't have to make sure a person with the relevant skill or resource stays safe the entire round, therefore reducing the teams total firepower in the crucial early stages of a round. Rather then can play aggressively for at least a life before being forced to consider whether it's better to go aggressive again or play for the objective.

All and all I had a blast and will try to attend the next beta.

Last edited:

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
mb2_scarif2
Other then the graphical glitches, I didn't see any major issues. It seemed fairly balanced, a more sophisticated alternative to Smuggler for high intensity fast action.

That being said I plan on making the generators a "turn off" vs destroy objective

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I enjoyed the fine line the map treads between limited the power of snipers without empowering Jedi, Sith, and melee wookies too much.
YES, this is what makes the great maps great. Nothing is too good on this map, mandos can't really take advantage of their jetpack too much, wookiees arent OP but they can make use of good spots on the map to not be useless. Snipers really only benefit from side passage on this map since main is rushed pretty fast which is great.

Don't get rid of the turrets on desert, they are a really good way to hamper jedi which are pretty powerful on this map.

Reactions: NPC