• Red/Yellow

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Yellow Only

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • All Styles

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want to host the EU tourney, but I need complete feed back from everyone what needs to change. Need to figure out time and date as I am NA and you guys are EU... Already worked out that we will be using the J| Duel Server, it's gonna have to be a weekend so most likely Saturday.

Here are the things we need to decide for EU tourney:

1. Format-keep it the same?

2.Rules?

3.Map? Keep in mind a lot will be going on so having duel training map will be ideal. I could get with tempest about the fixed duel training map so players from same team can join the same duel room. Creating a much more smooth experience.

4. We need a streamer. As we learned from last night Dealing with no shows, reporting wins and losses, it makes it damn near impossible to do everything at once and give everyone a good spec on live duels. Now I would be down to stream as I can stream 1080p no issues.

5. More admins to report wins/losses. If we do a 32 player again, that makes 16 teams. We can have 1 admin per 4 pairs of duels, this will likely help the confusion, and missed messages of match reports. Or we can do 28 players with 3 admins win loss reporting + 1 streamer(recommended)-< this is ideal for a double elimination bracket.

I feel as if I let a lot of people down yesterday and I want to get this process down, it was complete chaos at the start, and I should have expected and added more tourney admins. But I wanted to take as many people as possible in the tourney so people could enjoy the event, which left minimal room for support on my end. After this $100 EU tourney, I will probably switch to more frequent tourneys but smaller prizes.

Need admin volunteers, must be reliable and be on time for tournament. Also need stream volunteers...

Admins:

Streamer:
SRK31

Last edited:

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
1) Choose a map with some environment, but limited space. I recommend Kamino.

2) Force everyone to spectate, and instead have only 2 people fight at a time.

3) Make it best of 5 to eliminate as much luck as possible.

4) Restrict players from NA and EU from participating in opposing tournaments, as ping affects both players.

5) Either allow all styles, or ban all styles, but don't ban some styles.

6) Disallow the use of dual stabs to regen BP by knocking away opponents.

7) Final fights are best of 7.

8) No losers bracket.

This will save a lot of time and confusion, generally making things better. It will allow you to spectate every duel that happens, and report the wins/losses.

You didn't let anyone down that badly, it wasnt going to be perfect first time and everyone knew that

What i'd say is have maybe 3 admins and one streamer like you said above

What you should do is have all the duels at the same time for the first two rounds, then after that make it so that theres only one duel going on at a time and have the streamer watch it and possibly commentate, that way we get to see all the fights/makes it far more intense

mb2_duel_training works well, wouldn't bother changing

I would advise against more frequent tourneys with smaller prizes, making them less frequent even if they only have half the reward is a good idea because it encourages people to show up and it makes it more meaningful

- - - Updated - - -
1) Choose a map with some environment, but limited space. I recommend Kamino.

2) Force everyone to spectate, and instead have only 2 people fight at a time.

3) Make it best of 5 to eliminate as much luck as possible.

4) Restrict players from NA and EU from participating in opposing tournaments, as ping affects both players.

5) Either allow all styles, or ban all styles, but don't ban some styles.

6) Disallow the use of dual stabs to regen BP by knocking away opponents.

7) Final fights are best of 7.

8) No losers bracket.

This will save a lot of time and confusion, generally making things better. It will allow you to spectate every duel that happens, and report the wins/losses.
That will take forever

16 best of 5's and theyre happening one at a time and that's only the first round

you'd be there all night

also no they should keep the style restriction the way it is, fighting a staff spammer is hard enough, a blue spammer worse still

Last edited by a moderator:

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
That will take forever

16 best of 5's and theyre happening one at a time and that's only the first round

you'd be there all night

also no they should keep the style restriction the way it is, fighting a staff spammer is hard enough, a blue spammer worse still

And duals can allow people to keep ACM forever/bp regen, purple is even stronger, etc. Either ban them all, or ban none. You can use styles to beat other styles fairly soundly.

AaronAaron

Donator
1. Yes keep it the same

2. You should make it yellow and red only.

3. Keep the map the same, it's fine.

4. We have a streamer @pelmeņu lauks

5. 28 players with 3 admins and 1 streamer sounds good

Also the start wasnt as bad as you think. You should have everyone in spec and have 3 admins watching over 3 duels at a time, and keep the rest of the players in spec (changing name/class loadout will auto assign them to a team btw).

And the three admins should be able to update/edit the brackets to save you time

Last edited:
2. You should make it yellow and red only.

And the three admins should be able to update/edit the brackets to save you time

Staff and purple (i would even say blue and cyan) arent op if played properly without spamming them, like 75% def 25% offen.

PS: I heard that achilles got mad, predictable.

AaronAaron

Donator
Staff and purple (i would even say blue and cyan) arent op if played properly without spamming them, like 75% def 25% offen
anigif_enhanced-buzz-32756-1428359080-9.gif

Staff and purple (i would even say blue and cyan) arent op if played properly without spamming them, like 75% def 25% offen.

PS: I heard that achilles got mad, predictable.

if played properly

When it comes to there being money on the line, I highly doubt that people are going to play them 'properly', and despite that it's far too hard to determine whether someone is playing 'properly' or not, and as a result it would just cause more disputes than neccessary

red and yellow only is a good idea

Added poll for styles, let me know if you want options changes... This isn't a debate thread on styles. merely a vote on the styles allowed.

When it comes to there being money on the line, I highly doubt that people are going to play them 'properly', and despite that it's far too hard to determine whether someone is playing 'properly' or not, and as a result it would just cause more disputes than neccessary

red and yellow only is a good idea

Red has shit defense and yellow parries are way too op against red, red must have a style like staff to rely on when you need to go for defense, plus you can tell when someone is playing a style properly and when not, plus when there comes money on the line and people start abusing styles, yellow can be abusive since is one style that has strong spam and strong hit and run, plus its the easiest to swingblock

Thinking of removing RED/YELLOW stances option... For obvious reasons. All styles, or yellow only tournament...

AODVIX

US Official Server Admin
Either if I didn't participate I agree with Dooku that duels should be as he said:
1.- People in spec and only the ones dueling actually fighting.
2.- No losers bracket because it would make it very long.
3.- Yellow Only would be fine by me since yellow is the default style but meh.
I also have seen people beat blue and cyan in this patch. I would only consider removing some styles like you did previously because I personally haven't tested if purple can easily beat blue, or if staff, or whatever other style other than yellow (most likely blue can be beaten, so there is a lot of options, not just yellow). I would suggest the use of all styles and I don't think we should restrict NA from EU or backwards, I mean last one EU won in NA.

Either if I didn't participate I agree with Dooku that duels should be as he said:
1.- People in spec and only the ones dueling actually fighting.
I agree on this point, this will help closely monitor each match, while allowing to stream.
2.- No losers bracket because it would make it very long.
I don't agree, the tournament only took an 1h30m-2h, and gave everyone an equal chance to win.
3.- Yellow Only would be fine by me since yellow is the default style but meh.
I also have seen people beat blue and cyan in this patch. I would only consider removing some styles like you did previously because I personally haven't tested if purple can easily beat blue, or if staff, or whatever other style other than yellow (most likely blue can be beaten, so there is a lot of options, not just yellow). I would suggest the use of all styles and I don't think we should restrict NA from EU or backwards, I mean last one EU won in NA.
I think for this EU tourmey I will allow NA to play in it also, only due to the fact that they got to play in the NA. After this no more crossing between NA to EU and EU to NA. I think while mostly EU players are at a disadvantage due to ping, it also makes it harder for NA players to react to EU players latency.

After talking to Dooku I agree with him on many points that it should either be yellow only, or all styles. By allowing Red/Yellow everyone will be using red to hit and store ACM using yellow. Also from experience of last tournament using duals to kata spam and store yellow acm/regen bp will be considered time wasting.No styles will be banned from here on out.

the tournament only took 1h30m-2h with everyone dueling at the same time?????????????

it would take like 4 times that time to do them ALL one at a time

what you said about people attacking with red and storing acm with yellow isn't valid because acm doesnt move between styles, no one switches anymore.

all styles is going to be complete aids but ok, you should let people vote.

the tournament only took 1h30m-2h with everyone dueling at the same time?????????????

it would take like 4 times that time to do them ALL one at a time

what you said about people attacking with red and storing acm with yellow isn't valid because acm doesnt move between styles, no one switches anymore.

all styles is going to be complete aids but ok, you should let people vote.

Thats exactly right, ACM doesn't switch between styles, but you also don't lose ACM on the other style with ACM if you are using a different style... Thats the point I am making, and that is what happened last night with Dual Saber/yellow combo, the player would get low on BP but have ACM, so they would run away to regen BP and using Dual saber kata to push them away. So when they were re genned they would switch back to yellow and still have the ACM.

However I am still letting the poll decide the outcome...

Thats exactly right, ACM doesn't switch between styles, but you also don't lose ACM on the other style with ACM if you are using a different style... Thats the point I am making, and that is what happened last night with Dual Saber/yellow combo, the player would get low on BP but have ACM, so they would run away to regen BP and using Dual saber kata to push them away. So when they were re genned they would switch back to yellow and still have the ACM.

However I am still letting the poll decide the outcome...
ohhhhhhhhhh right ok i see what you mean

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
If you want to avoid the ACM storing by switching styles you could just disallow having more than 1 style per duel, but allow switching between deaths.

Either way I am interested in playing :)

If you want to avoid the ACM storing by switching styles you could just disallow having more than 1 style per duel, but allow switching between deaths.

Either way I am interested in playing :)

I like the suggestion. When the poll expires in 7 days that will be the final decision on the styles/style used tourney day...

What do you guys think of 9/26 for tourney day. Around 12 PM EST???