•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Errors depending on method of Launching

Hello all,

I have been attempting to install Movie Battles II on a friend's system after a pretty flawless and problem-free installation on my own PC. We are both Windows 10 users, and whilst there have been no noticeable problems in getting the Launcher to install and run the game without hesitation on my own computer, I cannot fathom a way to get the game running on his system.

I have gone through the troubleshooting guide a number of times; I have also attempted two fresh clean JKA installations via Steam. I have decided to document the process and post it here, and hopefully anybody can find any glaring omissions in my process, and hopefully find a remedy for the situation. I am generally pretty thorough in trying to solve problems myself, and I know this particular error has been covered often, however, there doesn't appear to have been a catch-all, fix-all remedy, with some threads just telling the user to give up, and they don't understand what is happening.

The errors range from VM_Create, and a Z_Free(): Corrupt zone header when attempting to launch via Launcher. The custom UI does not seem to be activating at all.

I will go through my process and initial checks via screenshots and a video capture.

1. Download and Installation - no isssues
1. Download and Installation.jpg

2. Movie Battles II Mod - Downloaded - No issues ( Ver 1.7.0.2)
2. Download Movie Battles (Manual Mode).jpg

3. File Integrity Check of Vanilla JKA
3. File Integrity Check.jpg

4. Vanilla Single Player - No Issues
4. Vanilla Single Player Working.jpg

5. Vanilla MP - No Issues
5. Vanilla MP Working.jpg

6. DirectX Version Check and System Information - Ver.12 Detected
6. DirectX Version 12.jpg

7. Movie Battles Extraction and Installation Process.

Finally....Any solutions, folks?

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I used this guide.

I installed VC 2013 Runtime before installing.

Then what error are you getting right now?
Also, are you sure you did actually install 2013, not some other version? And it's x86 (32-bit), not 64-bit?

When I attempt to start the game from the MBII Launcher, it attempts to open the Single Player console, rather than the multiplayer. Even with Steam Integration ticked.

I wonder if it is something to do with the version on ModDB. When I attempted the Launcher installation; it has seemed to have sorted its head out.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
MBII Launcher => Settings => uncheck "Steam integration" (skip if there's no such checkbox) => Engine => MBII Client => Play.
Disable your antivirus.
Go to Windows Control Panel, to the list of installed software. Scroll to where Microsoft Visual C Runtimes can be seen, and post a screenshot.

Have you put +set fs_game "MBII" in your launch options for the Steam version? As long as you're actually pointing the Steam version to launch MBII and launch from the MBII launcher, you should be good to go. I've been playing from the Steam version for 3+ years.

1602096456285.png