"Enhanced Effects" Less Smoke mod

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Currently if you turn Enhanced Effects to High, you get some neat extra effects but you also get a shit-ton of smoke whenever shots hit the ground. I found the files for the smoke and reduced the Alpha so they'd be more translucent. The following examples were produced using a CR3.

sZz3Joe.jpg

4j5Wggk.jpg

Consider this "version 1." It only took a few minutes. I could reduce the opacity further, and I really should also find the images for those little smoke trail arcs and reduce their opacity too.

This mod does nothing to resolve the fact that my framerate went from 200 to 100 if I crawled around firing the cr3 at the ground and crawling through the smoke. I'm not sure if the framerate loss is caused by the smoke or by the little spark particles, though?

The original files were found in MB_Effects.pk3/gfx/effects. They're named "puffa1.tga" and "puffa2.tga." In MB_Effects.pk3/effects/Blaster there's also some six "Impact_Wall" files that dictate the behavior of the smoke, and I (or somebody) could probably noodle with those to try to make smoke fade out more quickly or even try to make it so that smoke only appears sometimes instead of for-every-single-god-damn-shot. This would reduce the overall amount of smoke, reducing the framerate-damage. One could also remove the smoke entirely by making puffa1 and puffa2 completely transparent or removing the references to them from the Impact_Wall files. Maybe I'll make a few variants of this to suit different preferences.

Pretty sure the opacity itself can also be fiddled with just via those efx files, along with a bunch of other aspects of the smoke's behavior

So here's download links:
version 1 - only reduces the opacity of the main smoke, only reduces it somewhat

Last edited:
Upvote 0

k4far

Banned
Donator
Please, make a rain and fog reduction especially for Kamino.