Effects stay forever in jaMME

When playing a demo in jaMME, and when you pass the time when some effect was inflicted, and then return the time back before that effect, the effect will still be there before it was inflicted and stay forever.

Examples:

Look at this video at 6:03. The gun wound on Jabba's mouth is the gun wound when he was sniped later, which can be seen in the video, but once I passed that time in jaMME (once I saw Jabba hit by the sniper in the demo), the effect stayed when I rewound the time backwards before the wound was inflicted in order to capture that video.

Look at this video at 0:00. You see the red hand in the bottom right that is the marker of Force Grip when you are being gripped? You also see that I am not being gripped at that moment. The hand is there because later in the video I watched someone get gripped and rewound the time backwards and that grip marker stayed forever. This can happen with the achievement notices that appear on the top of the screen too.

Look at this video at 3:39. Here we have again that same bug as in the first example. That wound on his back is actually from the shot you can see later in the video. It stayed after rewinding the time.

Look at this video at 0:00. What you can see in that capture is the standing corpse on the right. That is the effect of this same bug, perhaps I rewound the time (ctrl + a) at the time that player was dying and the corpse stayed there forever. Even when I rewind the time before that player died in the demo, the corpse is still there, both before and after, it stays forever like that.

Look at this video at 4:21. The lightning effect on his sabers is the product of this same bug, it stayed after someone casted Force Lightning on him. Though this bug with force lighning happens more rarely than, for example, that with wounds staying forever, which happens always. The previous one with the corpse also happens rarely.

Look at this same video at 2:32. You can hear an unusually loud Force Sense sound effect. This is the product of me going through that part multiple times in the demo and rewinding back; each time I went through the playing of that Force Sense sound in the demo, the effect stayed, and so multiple effects were stacked on each other to produce that singular loud sound effect. As you can see, this bug can also occur with sound effects, and not only with visual effects.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Send demos, please. Some effects has to be manually handled, I have handled the most but some of them still remain.

By the way, I have another jaMME bug. When you capture more than one video in one demo session (when you don't restart the demo for each capture), any capture except the first one in that session will begin with the end of the previous capture. This means that at the beginning of the captured video there will be a brief flash of the last frames of the previous capture. If the video is the first one captured in that session, it won't have the end of any video at its beginning, it will have the black screen as the beginning, which is normal. For example, you can see this bug if you play this video at 0.25 speed (you can change the speed in the settings of the video) at the beginning of the wookie capture at 4:13:

It can also be seen in multiple other captures in this same video, and you can also see the normal black screen at the captures which were captured first in a demo session.

Last edited:

ent

Movie Battles II Team
First frame is always black because mme_pbo is set to 1. It speeds up capture significantly.
But it's better to say we are always one frame delayed.

First frame is always black because mme_pbo is set to 1. It speeds up capture significantly.
But it's better to say we are always one frame delayed.
I don't have a problem with it being black, but with the last frames of the previous capture being the first frames of the next capture.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
I don't have a problem with it being black, but with the last frames of the previous capture being the first frames of the next capture.
I've said it's because all the frames are delayed by one to speed up capture.
Set mme_pbo to 0 if it bothers you.