Dueling meta sucks right now

I'm someone who started playing this game in late 2017, and since then I've spent probably 95% of my time in Duel mode. There's been a lot of changes since I started playing, but dueling is by far the least fun right now. My main gripe with the whole system is that Yellow is way too gotdamn good. If you've played with me recently you know what I'm about to say next. To me, this is how I'd introduce the current meta to someone new:

Introducing WIGGLESABER!
It's when you use Yellow style and spam the shit out of your opponent every time you get a PB. Heres how you do it:
1. Use yellow style
2. Get a PB
3. Yaw the FUCK out of your mouse with your swings
4. Spam all of the WASD keys for a whole second with your swings
5. Your opponent is at half BP already
6. repeat

Essentially what I mean by Wigglesaber is that when you do this "technique," your animations are going so fast that the opponent can't PB you on purpose. The animations look like you're wiggling a saber in their chest. You might say that you should just use a different style to be less predictable. From what I've gathered, this is what happens for every style against Yellow:

Yellow: be better at wigglesaber than your opponent and you'll win
Red: get disarmed
Purple: get disarmed or parried
Blue: can probably stand up to wigglesaber for a while
Cyan: lol
White: lol
Green: might actually win

I also don't want to complain without offering a solution, so heres some loose ideas to build off of to fix this kind of thing, I guess
  • Make yellow style less damaging or something
  • Old-school PB Counters, where if you PB, you can hit back with a 2x speed attack (is this still in the game? I know it wasn't for a long time, idk if it got added back in the 2 years I didn't play)
  • Buff purple and blue? Fuckin everybody uses yellow right now, idk I think a reason to not use yellow would be nice
I don't know, man. Dueling is just super unfun right now with this kind of shit being the meta. I'm not someone who duels to win every single time, I duel to have fun, and with wigglesaber it's taking the fun out of all of my duels. I can't blame people who use it, because it is in the game and it does win duels. I just wish it wasn't so spammy and unfun to play, is what I'm saying. I have to actively avoid people using wigglesaber if I wanna have any fun duels like the old days

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
The current state of duelling "mechanics" made me avoid playing duel altogether ever since it got definitively fucked - then left in a somewhat less-fucked state, but still in complete disarray. Indeed, Tempest's build can't come soon enough !
Agreed. It's a travesty that it hasn't even been open beta'd yet. Leaving dueling in this state for so long is sad.

Agreed. It's a travesty that it hasn't even been open beta'd yet. Leaving dueling in this state for so long is sad.
According to the developers now It is not priority anymore because they are focusing on backend code and other sorts of stuff, and yeah it is a really big bummer we haven't even got to the point of Open Beta test. Dueling is a sitting duck for now :/