Do you think disney has been good for Star wars?

Do you think Disney has been good for Star Wars?

• Total voters
Just wondering what you guys think. Please no mindless hate. Don't post "I just hate Disney" and not even say why. Kinda mixed for me. Loved Rogue one and new trilogy is alright but EA having exclusive SW rights is a big negative to me.

I'd usually say anything is better than nothing, but they killed Kyle, so im not sure this is the case here =).

To be serious, even if i don't like the direction the franchise is heading right now, the movies seem to be pretty well received overall, that's why i won't blame them (anymore). Maybe the next trilogy takes more creative freedom and will appeal to me, who knows. EA as Star Wars games publisher probably won't create a game in which i'd be interested tho. Overall: Mixed bag.

SPOILER

I think the biggest problem ep8 had was that they didn't let enough time past. If you watch ep7 then ep8 your like wow, that was like, 20 minutes in between each movie?

Ep4 and Ep5 and Ep6 all have like 3-6 months in between them don't they? This allows the movies to be a bit more diverce and give time to let different things happen off screen and on.

To me, I think they rushed this trilogy a bit but I loved ep8. Definently in my top 3.

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Yeah that's pretty much my opinion on it too. There was a 2 year gap between when Ep4 was released and Ep5 started filming. Now there's two years for a film to be released. And they're doing side movies in between main trilogy entries. It's simply too rushed. If they had spent some time to iron out the plot of Ep8 and fill out the plot holes, it might make more sense.

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
To be honest , i think the EU was worse than Disney movies after Episode VI (except Thrawn books and perhaps Legacy).
Episode VII was meh , Rogue One was good and Episode VIII was fine but
FFS LUKE DEATH WHY
It's not perfect of course... But most important : it keeps SW universe alive and i'm fine with that as long as they don't destroy my childhood by doing something to "The Old Republic era" like remaking KOTOR.. or worse... !!!
If Disney wants to make even more money, then they'd better listen to the fans and canonize some things...
Also i hope they'll never add homosexual relationships and transgender characters.

Imo it's like putting bleach in baby food, obviously not good for the Lil child.
But I just can't stand Rey, how her character is, nor can I understand why Luke just fuckin went
"oh man, haven't done that in so long, lemme just kneel over and die after actually being semi important again". Also what Finn was doing to stop the drill thing was cool until rose stopped him because...
I'm just gonna end my rant before I'm awarded the first warning points of the year. I just hate the movies, dislike the characters, what they did to Luke's character. It just makes me sigh

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest , i think the EU was worse than Disney movies after Episode VI (except Thrawn books and perhaps Legacy).
Episode VII was meh , Rogue One was good and Episode VIII was fine
I absolutely agree.

FFS LUKE DEATH WHY
It's not perfect of course... But most important : it keeps SW universe alive
I absolutely agree.

Also i hope they'll never add homosexual relationships and transgender characters.
I absolutely 100% exceptionally uiltimately supremely snokely agree.

It's funny because when
(spoiler) Luke died i was like
..."what?"

I'm pretty sure I actually LAUGHED because the dude just dissapears and WOOP hes like "man im tired, gotta go to the force dimension" there goes his cape LMAO

Last edited by a moderator:

Lervish

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Let's keep the more detailed spoilers about Ep8 between [SPOILERS] tags or in the dedicated topic for now, just in case. :)

On topic, Disney's not done the old movies any justice IMO. Just play-it-safe milking of the franchise endlessly with lazy writing and clichés. Some of the latter they derive from the previous movies and use them to make it look and feel like Star Wars on the surface, but as movies and stories they fail at connecting to me emotionally.

It's a pretty obvious answer but it's what they're doing with Marvel too, and I've always had 0 interest for those.

Let's keep the more detailed spoilers about Ep8 between [SPOILERS] tags or in the dedicated topic for now, just in case. :)

On topic, Disney's not done the old movies any justice IMO. Just play-it-safe milking of the franchise endlessly with lazy writing and clichés. Some of the latter they derive from the previous movies and use them to make it look and feel like Star Wars on the surface, but as movies and stories they fail at connecting to me emotionally.

It's a pretty obvious answer but it's what they're doing with Marvel too, and I've always had 0 interest for those.
Thanks, i didn't know how to make it into a spoiler button

I love marvel movies and I think Disney has been great for them. But Disney has been kinda mixed for SW. I think in order to make new films EU had to be erased and I can't blame them for that, but new SW, outside of Rogue one, play it very safe. They do stuff people have already seen and liked. I like the new trilogy better than prequels, but I gotta give the prequels credit for at least trying something new.