DISCONTINUED - PerionSoundMod

DISCONTINUED.
No longer working on this over multiple errors unable to be fixed.

If wanted the mod is still below however.

DOWNLOAD (Sounds only - for all sabers)
DOWNLOAD (Kylo Ren with sounds)
Final release will be tonight, NOTE: saberon sounds don't work

What's included?
Kylo ren voice taken from both trailers (International and American)
Saber sounds of a Kylo Ren font which is meant for Force Fx lightsabers used as a replacement for the current sounds in-game.

I have no ownership over McCloud's Kylo Ren model imported into mb2, and i highly recommend checking out his work as the full replacement is simply a combination of our 2 mods.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zed
Upvote 0

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I do not recommend this as an installation method - your alterations will disappear the next time an update is pushed by the launcher. It is much safer and easier to package things like this as a replacement PK3.

Helix

Actually, you don't need to copy the files into existing MBII structure. Just create another .pk3 (it's a simple .zip but renamed) and place the files there, but taking the original structure into attention. Like, if the sounds had to be placed into sounds/char/kylo_ren or w/e, just repeat the structure in your newly created .pk3 file, so it will only have "sounds" folder with the needed structure.

Actually, you don't need to copy the files into existing MBII structure. Just create another .pk3 (it's a simple .zip but renamed) and place the files there, but taking the original structure into attention. Like, if the sounds had to be placed into sounds/char/kylo_ren or w/e, just repeat the structure in your newly created .pk3 file, so it will only have "sounds" folder with the needed structure.

I tried this, i created a new folder then moved inside that sound which contains the following:
chars > revan > misc > sound files <
weapons > saber > sound files <
after doing so i then made the overall folder into a compressed zip file renaming it after to .pk3 moving it into the MBII directory yet it now won't work!?!??!
I really don't know what i have done wrong and any respone will be greatly appreciated c;

Helix

Here's the fixed version. I've removed the sith inquisitor skin as well as his shaders, because it broke Ahsoka. So here you go - Kylo Ren.
P.S. As we only have 2 taunts now, I've used them almost everywhere. As we get more sounds, we could replace the existing ones with new ones. Cheers.
Dropbox - z_zz_fullkyloren.pk3

There is a sound missing :O
when you activate the saber with the reload button the normal sound plays (usual saber activation sound)

when you activate the saber with the reload button the normal sound plays (usual saber activation sound)

;o, do you have just the sound mod or with the Kylo Ren model too?

If you have the full KyloRen replacement then at the moment to my knowledge add both my sound .pk3 and the full replacement to get saber sounds working properly. This worked for me and i hope to find a somewhat easier solution in future.

Last edited:

Helix

Yes it is, and nothing can be done with simple .pk3s. The sound is correct if activated by attacking or blocking buttons, though.

Updated but not complete, it has been brought to my attention that I need to transfer the sounds for the hilt only.

so it will work right now but saber sounds will be for all lightsabers. The mod is now a work in progress.

Last edited: