Dev's team opinion on Hero balance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just here to ask what the Dev team thinks about hero in its current state. Is it balanced, not balanced, are you planning on tweaking it in future builds? I have my own opinion but I am just curious where the dev team currently is on the situation.

Preston

Nerd
Just remove dash 2s dodging ability, I never use dash 2 anyways so there, that part of the"problem" is solved

Proj is the weapon with the most drawback in the game. You move very slow while scoping and it reloads for 4(!) seconds. Thats like getting hit by a sonic nade every time you reload. If you have problems with a hero in cover sniping you. Just listen when he reloads and rush him.

How do you hear the projectile rifle across the map?
It doesn't sound like a AWP from counter strike, it sounds like a silenced rifle.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
There is nothing wrong with projectile rifle, but there is something wrong with projectile in the hands of a class that is as agile as hero. Suddenly, whatever "draw backs" the weapon has are null because of the class that's using it.

I'll tell you, people aren't nearly as scared of me when I'm a soldier or a commander with a projectile rifle.

Actually im not scared of it at all, the only time im hit by that thing is when im not paying attention.
However I support it going to ET's, though it would look stupid if commanders got it.

Moff tarkin running around with a anti tank rifle. Almost as funny as super chunk killing my whole team.

There is nothing wrong with projectile rifle, but there is something wrong with projectile in the hands of a class that is as agile as hero. Suddenly, whatever "draw backs" the weapon has are null because of the class that's using it.

That has always been an issue for me. You have a split second to capitalize on a sniper class before they A) switch weapons and shoot you while getting out of force range, B) fly into cover faster than you can shoot them, C) run to their team for protection, or any combination of the 3.

All these problems would be null if using a sniper made you move slowly while it's equipped, or that slower classes were the ones with snipers in the first place.

How do you hear the projectile rifle across the map?
It doesn't sound like a AWP from counter strike, it sounds like a silenced rifle.

You can hear it from around halfway in main down to the end if you have it up a decent amount. Just turn up in game volume and have your overall volume lower and you will be able to hear everything.

Also at Gumba Projectile rifle kills most classes. The classes it doesn't 1 shot (which depends on the players build) is Arc, Mando, BH(Sometimes) and that just depends on factors. For the most part though you will 1 shot them with a chest shot especially if they have gotten hit AT ALL. That is very powerful even for a 4 second reload (which is fine).

That means you are more likely to hear it. Less area portals=better sound. On echobase you can hear footsteps, reloading etc. for quite a long way. I used DOTF because it is the most played map and its easy to understand the actual distance as it is a straight shot. However that range can go up if you turn your effects/sound up so I am sure some kids can hear from the end of the hall. Which means on other maps with less area portals you can actually hear quite far.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Whatever was intended, it isn't just a single map problem. The expansive areas on DotF like hangar and main corridor that promote sniping really well exist on other maps, so to say "that's a DotF only problem" isn't true at all.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Question, do you guys have the tools and man power to make that class or did it get scrapped because of internal decisions, like was this supposed to be in the heros place?
Because I think it would be great to have another common pool class like the soldier and ET/CMDR.

We have about 6 classes that were ever in production outside of what you see now. Most of which had their basic mechanics down and created. A few only needed some number tweaks to become viable, a few others needed some features or minor ability redesigns to work still. Some of those classes have had their abilities moved onto current classes. Other abilities work but development only and were never put on a new class or even into FA. It wouldn't take a lot to reinstate those classes and begin testing again. Though it would take more effort if we didn't take some abilities from the existing classes and move them back onto those. Though this could help facilitate the merger of ET/Commander and Sold classes into one (Something we planned to do in EC) and take the extra stuff that was put onto those classes back onto their originals.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
I don't think we need any more classes, we need to finish and re-purpose the ones that we currently have. The tools that have been developed can be given out to classes, but making new classes with those tools that either fit a singular purpose in the game, or have to share a certain role with another class, will complicate game balance and make gameplay feel convoluted.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I don't think we need any more classes, we need to finish and re-purpose the ones that we currently have. The tools that have been developed can be given out to classes, but making new classes with those tools that either fit a singular purpose in the game, or have to share a certain role with another class, will complicate game balance and make gameplay feel convoluted.

Not if you merge classes. The classes we have created would be interesting and fun as well. Like ya know, vibroblade and blaster for merc/enfo...

Supa

The Serial Stacker
I can agree they would make the game interesting and fun, but also very convoluted at the same time. :p

I think the hero class just needs a higher cooldown for dash. Cosmetically, dash looks ridiculous though. The weapons and the class as a whole is fine. Is it OP in the hands of a vet? Sure. But, the same can be said about any class. Sick, you are just a really good sniper. But, as someone who mainly plays ET or Jedi/Sith, only you and Superman give me trouble as a sniper. Even with the boost to primary fire, it's not like we have seen a huge boost in good snipers on NA Servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.