Dev Diary - Marvel

Status
Not open for further replies.
LdttR3J.jpg

Years ago Frost created a Marvel map that was never finished but was really fun to play so rather than letting the idea stay unreleased I decided to make the map again from scratch and add in some more MCU elements.

Map

The map is split into seven different areas, the main area of the map (where both teams spawn) is a section of New York with Grand Central Terminal and the Avenger's Tower in the middle. In New York there are portals which lead to the six other areas of the map; Odin's Vault on Asgard, HYDRA Siberian Facility, X-Men Danger Room, The Red Room, Sanctuary and Oscorp Lab C35.

New York
qmZ1Mi5.jpg

p9rWrqo.jpg

HH74H20.jpg

Asgard - Odin's Vault
nfi5YiV.jpg

HYDRA Siberian Facility
nWvebXR.jpg

X-Men Danger Room
DyKNFZP.jpg

The Red Room
ByKJMp0.jpg

Sanctuary
8NM9xTj.jpg

Oscorp Lab C35
G4C0Uhj.jpg

Objective

The objective for the Villains is to collect all six Infinity Stones which are located in the six portal areas of the map and deposit them into the device in the New York map to power it up. Once it's powered up the Villains have to use it to turn it on and if that happens they win and it will cause half of the players to be snapped.

In order to stop them the Heroes must prevent the Villains from depositing the Infinity Stones or using the device. To do this the Heroes can pick up the Infinity Stones in order to keep them away from the villains. While they hold an Infinity Stone they'll be shown on the radar at all times so the Villains will know exactly where to find them and the Heroes can't deposit the Infinity Stones in the device.

9DBDTpz.jpg
ICsNHkF.jpg

Characters

There are 27 Hero characters and 28 Villain characters (though I may add more before release) to choose from. They're all from different parts of the Marvel Universe all with their own unique abilities and weapons.

WFVTnA0.jpg

I'd like to give a big thanks to HUM-3154 on JKHub for making this large roster possible because of the work they've done bringing Marvel character models into Jedi Academy.

Release

I'm hoping to release it soon though right now I don't have a specific date in mind. It's almost finished but there are a few more bugs to be fixed and it needs some balance testing done on the characters. When it gets added into MB2 it'll be put with the rest of the MGM maps.

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
The Marvel Beta @Frost made was a ton of a fun and that FA really set the precedence for the work I did in Power Battles, Legends, etc. Really excited to test and play this large marvel of a creation, @Plasma!

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
wait is the old map he talkin about showdown?

No, the Marvel map started by Frost was never released, but in testing/work on and off for years. It was originally made before showdown, but never ended up releasing.

LdttR3J.jpg

Years ago Frost created a Marvel map that was never finished but was really fun to play so rather than letting the idea stay unreleased I decided to make the map again from scratch and add in some more MCU elements.

Map

The map is split into seven different areas, the main area of the map (where both teams spawn) is a section of New York with Grand Central Terminal and the Avenger's Tower in the middle. In New York there are portals which lead to the six other areas of the map; Odin's Vault on Asgard, HYDRA Siberian Facility, X-Men Danger Room, The Red Room, Sanctuary and Oscorp Lab C35.

New York
qmZ1Mi5.jpg

p9rWrqo.jpg

HH74H20.jpg

Asgard - Odin's Vault
nfi5YiV.jpg

HYDRA Siberian Facility
nWvebXR.jpg

X-Men Danger Room
DyKNFZP.jpg

The Red Room
ByKJMp0.jpg

Sanctuary
8NM9xTj.jpg

Oscorp Lab C35
G4C0Uhj.jpg

Objective

The objective for the Villains is to collect all six Infinity Stones which are located in the six portal areas of the map and deposit them into the device in the New York map to power it up. Once it's powered up the Villains have to use it to turn it on and if that happens they win and it will cause half of the players to be snapped.

In order to stop them the Heroes must prevent the Villains from depositing the Infinity Stones or using the device. To do this the Heroes can pick up the Infinity Stones in order to keep them away from the villains. While they hold an Infinity Stone they'll be shown on the radar at all times so the Villains will know exactly where to find them and the Heroes can't deposit the Infinity Stones in the device.

9DBDTpz.jpg
ICsNHkF.jpg

Characters

There are 27 Hero characters and 28 Villain characters (though I may add more before release) to choose from. They're all from different parts of the Marvel Universe all with their own unique abilities and weapons.

WFVTnA0.jpg

I'd like to give a big thanks to HUM-3154 on JKHub for making this large roster possible because of the work they've done bringing Marvel character models into Jedi Academy.

Release

I'm hoping to release it soon though right now I don't have a specific date in mind. It's almost finished but there are a few more bugs to be fixed and it needs some balance testing done on the characters. When it gets added into MB2 it'll be put with the rest of the MGM maps.
Just something to add, normally in ultimate_showdown the gunners are very powerful and have excess ammunition making unarmed classes hopeless, If possible try to limit that aspect and allow for gunners to have alternative weaponry like racoon having more speed and jump height for example.
Looks exciting though, especially Loki, Hulk, Thor and Ultron will probably be very interesting just hoping their not all about spamming certain weapons like knockback aha
(also, no Thanos?)

Plasma

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Just something to add, normally in ultimate_showdown the gunners are very powerful and have excess ammunition making unarmed classes hopeless, If possible try to limit that aspect and allow for gunners to have alternative weaponry like racoon having more speed and jump height for example.
Looks exciting though, especially Loki, Hulk, Thor and Ultron will probably be very interesting just hoping their not all about spamming certain weapons like knockback aha
(also, no Thanos?)
Most of the long range weapons have a low ammo count and clip size so they can't just spam them. There are some classes that have regenerating ammo but that's mostly for stuff like blaster pistols which have low damage anyway. We haven't done any testing on it yet so I'm not entirely sure on the balancing but I'm also not that worried about it. Unlike Thanos I don't think everything needs to be perfectly balanced, there are some characters that should just be more powerful than others.

Thanos is in!

Most of the long range weapons have a low ammo count and clip size so they can't just spam them. There are some classes that have regenerating ammo but that's mostly for stuff like blaster pistols which have low damage anyway. We haven't done any testing on it yet so I'm not entirely sure on the balancing but I'm also not that worried about it. Unlike Thanos I don't think everything needs to be perfectly balanced, there are some characters that should just be more powerful than others.

Thanos is in!
Looking great forward to it, Shotty is very good at advising for balancing so I advise him for reference, but as long as the classes have good variations it should be very fun especially going as Spiderman to try go toe to toe with the op Thanos.

My last suggestion would be shield/hydra agents so that there's some minions to play as to show the power of characters like captain america.

Plasma

Movie Battles II Team Retired
My last suggestion would be shield/hydra agents so that there's some minions to play as to show the power of characters like captain america.
The Iron Legion and Sentinel fill that role in this, they don't have a class number limit, do less damage and have less health but can respawn once.

The Iron Legion and Sentinel fill that role in this, they don't have a class number limit, do less damage and have less health but can respawn once.
Yeah I say agents though, because being a regular human to fight against all the types of villains and heroes would be quite satisfying and make it much more replayable and funny having the option to play as regular humans in hordes going all out against Thanos for example. Sometimes classes like that can be fun to have against god like characters + shield and hydra deserve some love
(notice that in ultimate showdown for example people willingly choose spiderman just for the fun of fighting stronger opponents)

Sandok

Donator
Yeah I say agents though, because being a regular human to fight against all the types of villains and heroes would be quite satisfying and make it much more replayable and funny having the option to play as regular humans in hordes going all out against Thanos for example. Sometimes classes like that can be fun to have against god like characters + shield and hydra deserve some love
(notice that in ultimate showdown for example people willingly choose spiderman just for the fun of fighting stronger opponents)
Totally agree with all of this. The map, the characters... it's awesome! i can't wait to play it!

Status
Not open for further replies.