Demo showcasing best player ever

Greetings fellow MBII players!

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this thread, but i will do it. My ingame name is Xeffience, some of you may saw me on servers but never here.
The only reason i registrated on these forums is this very thread only, which you guys will find interesting.

Today i encountered a rather interesting fellow called Padawan on maxfranx's server. I was on spectator, when i noticed this guy has "good" aim. When i saw him locking onto people behind walls and stuff i knew he was not legit or he has the BEST gaming chair ever made. Jokes aside, he actually admitted it (see one the demos with console).

I hope this will help devs to prevent this "level of skill" from spreading .

PS.: I have a few rounds on a cmp map recorded too but its over 5 MB and cant upload it here. If its needed, then i will upload it on MEGA or somewhere. Also sorry for bad English.

Attachments

• demos-cheater-dotf.zip
    929.9 KB · Views: 241
  • demos-cheater-dotf.zip
    929.9 KB · Views: 219
Not really the correct place to post but whatever. For the record the Devs can't ban anyone from playing the game, they can only be banned from individual servers by admins there. But since I got admin on MaxFranks server I can just deal with it personally.

Edit: Person already dealt with

Last edited:

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Thank you for the demos.

Sadly we can't do a lot on a player level. For busting hackers, beyond having server admins with a good eye for cases of real hacking, the best thing is to find what tools they're using and then informing us via a private message.

@maxfranx can find an IP of that player in his server logs and could assist other server owners in banning him, but unfortunately we all know wrongdoers usually have a VPN or sth to allow them to rejoin at any given time.

k4far

Banned
Donator
So I was talking about "Padawan" testing aim lock-on on himself on TIN server months ago :rolleyes:
Liniyka has also seen this guy killing the fun on DN servers.

Bust a cheater initiative
My moaning "bust a nut initiative".

ce7 strikes again
fff92b94940ac.png

It turned me off from playing. Approach to cheaters, hackers, anti-cheat the current stanc3 of the developers is very passive and not adequate to the problem which is major... If you can't rely on a fair game you have to enjoy something else and I seriously wonder what it is for some people. "Star Wars" thing is getting butchered by Disney, EA... try to bring back from the d3ad the competitive aspect to this game.

Break the fun for garbage who needs to cheat in this game, no matter how you do it - we are nowhere right now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5707

lmfao his hacks are trash and he has no game sense dont even worry about this guy

It turned me off from playing. Approach to cheaters, hackers, anti-cheat the current stanc3 of the developers is very passive and not adequate to the problem which is major... If you can't rely on a fair game you have to enjoy something else and I seriously wonder what it is for some people. "Star Wars" thing is getting butchered by Disney, EA... try to bring back from the d3ad the competitive aspect to this game.

You are wrong. Making a good anticheat itself is a very challenging task and AFAIK devs handle it quite okay. Launcher prevented from working decent amount of hacks mb2 had.
It's almost impossible to creat perfect anticheat. Just look at CS scene - even so big companies like ESEA, Faceit and even Valve couldn't find a way to prevent cheating. So it's just unfair to blame devs for it.
And for now cheating isn't really a problem in this game. Most cheaters quit it already. Some new ppl trying stuff, but they are usually bad in this.
Also, if you want conveniently hide the fact that you are cheating - you need to put almost the same effort as you need to be a good player without cheats. For any reasonable person it's pointless.

k4far

Banned
Donator
Developers can block ALL modifications make long painful process of making modification "official" and allow it to run with the game but who would sit review and greenlight all this shit. It's a working solution tho. This and size check on every file during the start.

Block all kinds of modifications to prevent any changes be made to .dlls and .pk3 at the risk of your game not working, Penekepack and purely fan modifications would still exist but before they would be compatible with the game developer would have to review and allow it. It's a ton of work but If this would work... whatever works I guess.

Developers can block ALL modifications make long painful process of making modification "official" and allow it to run with the game but who would sit review and greenlight all this shit. It's a working solution tho. This and size check on every file during the start.

Block all kinds of modifications to prevent any changes be made to .dlls and .pk3 at the risk of your game not working, Penekepack and purely fan modifications would still exist but before they would be compatible with the game developer would have to review and allow it. It's a ton of work but If this would work... whatever works I guess.
Anti-cheats aren't restricted to "block all or block nothing". MP3s aren't going to allow any sort of injection and neither will models. The current anti cheat basically scans and verifies specific files that could be used to exploit. It works and the biggest issue with it is minimal and barely has an affect on anyone

Last edited:

k4far

Banned
Donator
You are wrong. Making a good anticheat itself is a very challenging task and AFAIK devs handle it quite okay. Launcher prevented from working decent amount of hacks mb2 had.
It's almost impossible to creat perfect anticheat. Just look at CS scene - even so big companies like ESEA, Faceit and even Valve couldn't find a way to prevent cheating. So it's just unfair to blame devs for it.
And for now cheating isn't really a problem in this game. Most cheaters quit it already. Some new ppl trying stuff, but they are usually bad in this.
Also, if you want conveniently hide the fact that you are cheating - you need to put almost the same effort as you need to be a good player without cheats. For any reasonable person it's pointless.

They do not. I can give you more than one example but it will start a shitstorm and somebody will lock this thread. I myself have brought over 4 "cheats" to Defiant to blacklist and guess what there is more of thosr and they do not know of them yet.

What happened to your forum signature, it was nice

It's still here?

k4far

Banned
Donator
And worst part is they do not acknowledge this need to improve here. I bet Defiant thinks what to do about it from time to time but I am not sure about other members of the team who do not find it to be a serious problem. And we have what we have, lel. That's not how you secure a future for the game.

Hello, i am a Valve representative we would like to hire you ))