Deathstar improvements

I have a few suggestions to improve deathstar and reduce timewasting
1. Possibly mapping out a falcon interior and moving the actual objective to the cockpit of the falcon(Neither teams can enter the falcon until it is unlocked)
2. Lock off cells it serves no purpose other than timewasting its not even an interesting place to fight in
3. Add a lift near the falcon for imp gunners to defeat that last jedi camping ontop of the falcon

Please give your feedback and also share your own suggestions

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
1) Too small of a place to work with. Will be difficult to actually make something useable in the space but even then it would be near impossible to fight in because of how tiny it would be.
2) The cells are used for FA
3) Maybe something we can do.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
You can just make a stack of boxes for that. i wanna see hackable closet. And can we just add some of the spawns in the cells already so theres a point to hacking the console? To make up for the time lost just make the side door less time to hack

There's a bug with the rebel spawn lift not opening doors. I think some trolls know how to trigger it. Please look into that first.

The one improvement i'd like to see is giving rebels more space and a bit more cover at the long corridor. Maybe something similar you did to the long corridor at Cloud City.

I like the idea of your number 3. But i'd go with the proposed ladder. Or you could add that lift to the high ground edge above the door and make that a bit higher where it connects to the falcon so gunners can jump over.

Last edited:
What never made sense to me is how the opening of the tie hangar is toward the map rather than outward, it doesn't make much sense, but that's just a detail.

Also yes a ladder or simply moving the control station to be higher (the stairs would need to be tweaked too) would make sense and keep everything pretty similar.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
What never made sense to me is how the opening of the tie hangar is toward the map rather than outward, it doesn't make much sense, but that's just a detail.

This has bothered me for a long time, but I've also been too lazy to fix it. I fixed it when I was doing MB3 Death Star though.

This has bothered me for a long time, but I've also been too lazy to fix it. I fixed it when I was doing MB3 Death Star though.
What do you think about moving up the control station ( I'm not sure if you saw it since I edited my post to add it after), I think putting it at the center of the room (being around 1/3 of it if I recall) would make more sense since control crew would get a better view of ships and prevent adding some random silly ways to get up higher.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
If you're just talking about raising it from its current position so that its up higher I don't really see the point in doing that. It wasn't really that high up in the movies, and doing this change doesn't have much gameplay benefit. People being able to pass in and out of the control room is intended so long as the windows aren't blocked. And if it was raised higher, the stairs down back to the hangar would be much longer and probably a bit more awkward as we would have to increase the incline, or have a turn at some point in order to get it back to hangar level. And I don't really want to put another elevator there.

If you're just talking about raising it from its current position so that its up higher I don't really see the point in doing that. It wasn't really that high up in the movies, and doing this change doesn't have much gameplay benefit. People being able to pass in and out of the control room is intended so long as the windows aren't blocked. And if it was raised higher, the stairs down back to the hangar would be much longer and probably a bit more awkward as we would have to increase the incline, or have a turn at some point in order to get it back to hangar level. And I don't really want to put another elevator there.
One way that this could be done is by segmenting the stairs into 2 sets, that would restrain control over that opening, though the corridor would have to be reshaped. That would greatly change tactics around that part to gain control of the room. A higher control room provide better view over the falcon for sneaky jedis that stall the game, though wookies hanging in the trash was a bigger issue most of the time...

Another option would be scaffoldings in the hangar I guess but access from a ladder would be silly and a big no no for the health and safety department of the deathstar.