Cyan, Purple, Red Guide?

Hey Everyone!

I was playing around with Cyan Purple and Red Styles
I find them the best use for me
i want to Learn Cyan very well sicne im told its very Good

Any Ideas how i use these to my advantage?

For Example Cyan VS staff or Cyan VS Yellow Cyan VS Red. Etc :)

The Best Combos To Use and what tactics i use for these styles. i dont plan on using blue unless im going Whore Force.

Thanks!

I'm going to be the first to say it but as it currently stands, you're gonna be crucified for saying you use Cyan as it has no actual tactics nor' skill to it, literally spam WASD and left click whilst keeping to a certain range, agentoo8 even did a twitch stream on cyan expressing how someone whom is new to it really needs no duelling skill for it, even though agent is a veteran the point is that you should adopt a new style like yellow, red or purple as you have stated.

I recommend learning persistent pblock locations and learning counters, for example with red, pblock the first hits of an opponents combo then instantly counter with WA (attack directly after you block) works extremely well in this version, some even saying that it is op. This goes for Red and Purple as they are both heavily focussed on pblocks, both of their perks aimed towards them giving these styles massive advantages, try find the mb2_duel_training map, i'll even change the Cult server to it if you like so you can practice multiple combos on the training dummies.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
^ what he said.

Learn yellow, red, or purple. However I'd probably stick with yellow, given that the open beta for the new saber system is this sunday (which signals the beginning of the end of the current system!). Purple is also good to train to hone your PB skills (I find having an active incentive to PB, such as purple's ACM per pb perk, often results in people picking it up quicker)

The reason i Like Cyan is Because its Fast, While Red is very Slow and so is purple, Yellow is probably the most balanced choice for speed and offense.
I used cyan and i can tell it really is just Hit when you see someone swing, dont get slapped.
Red i find the most difficult to use. and i almost never used Yellow so i need to get a combo list and practice i guess.

Sadly i always tend to be OutMatched By a lot of Duelers so i end up Playing "None Traditionally" to avoid dying over and over and over.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Purple is actually pretty fast if you use the right combos, and start with W/S attacks.
Hop onto a dueling server and people will be more than happy to help you out (GJO/Cultist). Don't resort to using shitty OP styles because you'll gain no respect from that.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
If you avoid things because you're dying a lot then you aren't ever going to get any better. We've all been the 1/15 duelist at some point or another. Ask for tips instead of giving up.

If you avoid things because you're dying a lot then you aren't ever going to get any better. We've all been the 1/15 duelist at some point or another. Ask for tips instead of giving up.
Can confirm. That's how you improve.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Sadly i always tend to be OutMatched By a lot of Duelers so i end up Playing "None Traditionally" to avoid dying over and over and over.

Don't listen to some of these people. I use all styles now, and I started with Cyan. Cyan is almost useless against people that know what they're doing and do it really well. You'll find the best players don't whine about cyan, and they'll just find ways to beat your version of it.

Every single style has something BS about it, except Yellow. Red is broken, Purple is broken, Staff is broken, Duals are broken, Blue is broken, Cyan is broken, everything. Find something you like, and learn it. Make other people have to figure out how to play around it.

Once you learn proper timing and rhythm, every style is easy. It literally just depends on who you're fighting. I've fought a lot of cyan users, and honestly the hardest fights I've ever had, are against highly skilled blue users, and staff users.

Now, onto your actual question that everyone here glossed over:

Cyan has the fastest standing windup time of any swing. That is your only advantage when using Cyan. As a result, you have to use that fast windup, to land interrupts and precise body hits on your opponent. Going for parries is pointless unless your opponent has a habit of charging at you with single swings.

So, there are fast styles: Cyan, Blue, Staff, Duals

and Slow styles: Yellow, Purple, Red

Fast styles, have fast windups, slow styles, do not. Keep in mind, ALL COMBOS are the same speed. A cyan combo is the same speed as a red combo. Which means, you do not want to try combo-trading with a slow style, you'll get stomped. (Unless you use staff, that is)

Against a good red user, he'll just sit there, and pblock your swings, and then counter combo you when you present a weakness, if you just stand there, he'll feint a swing, and catch your parry swing with another counter combo. The 2 goals to fighting a red user with ANY fast style is: Fast footwork (Attack with WA, retreat with SA quickly, to avoid the WA counter, or attack with WD and escape with SD), and proper slap usage/reading. You need to constantly shift your position, relative to your opponent, so that he cannot pblock you properly, cyan is good for getting past Pblocks. If you get low, just back away, and fend off any wild swings with SA/SD, but be mindful of the opponent feinting you.

This goes for purple as well, but is a bit trickier against yellow. For now, I suggest you practice what I just explained, so you get a feeling for the rhythm/footwork of fighting against an opponent using red/purp.

Last edited:

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
^ I thought about pointing out all the huge flaws individually but I don't think that would make a difference.

Anyway. There's not really one set way to use any of the styles. All depends on you and the circumstances (dueling would just be who you're against). It's very unlikely that you'll be able to 1v2 in this build unless the 2 aren't very good (sad truth). Asking for specifics about every matchup is more than what's going to be able to be put in this thread (for various reasons).

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Heed not any advice given to you from duelists with less than 3 months' experience who are adamant Cyan is a balanced style. That is merely indicative of their inability to use any other style (I implore you to duel me with any style and prove me otherwise).

Anywho I reiterate that you should learn yellow as the other styles (red in particular) will probably be changed somewhat more.

Uh, why everybody always soo mean and agressive against Achilles? What he did wrong?

I began with red, then I went to blue when mastered (I think) it, after long time with blue, then it was very easy to learn Yellow, that is the style I use the most today.

I recommend you to try blue, it is awesome and my favorite style, it requires much more skills than cyan (Requires 0)

Like Agent said above me, hop in to a duel server, people will be very happy to help you if you aren't going to just spam wasd swings with cyan!

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
Heed not any advice given to you from duelists with less than 3 months' experience who are adamant Cyan is a balanced style. That is merely indicative of their inability to use any other style (I implore you to duel me with any style and prove me otherwise).

Anywho I reiterate that you should learn yellow as the other styles (red in particular) will probably be changed somewhat more.

If I had any sort of will to fight with/against 200 ping, I'd love to stomp your little square head :)

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
You'd lose to him on NA Achilles. Stop while you still have some shred of dignity.

Red Is broken, i see myself dying to Good Red Users. otherwise red first swing is easy to pblock when the person doesnt know how to combo.
i often dont see many Yellow Or Blue Users. most of the time i just see Red or Purple.
I use cyan to ger around easier, no FP cost on wallrunning and force regen on wall grab.
Good for gunners, slash and block, slash and block.

retreat with SA quickly, to avoid the WA counter, or attack with WD and escape with SD)

Yeah didnt work, he came at me and i got raped.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
retreat with SA quickly, to avoid the WA counter, or attack with WD and escape with SD)

Yeah didnt work, he came at me and i got raped.

The purpose of attacking with WA and retreating with SA, is if he does run at you, slap him. It is all mind games.

LYRIC

Banned
okay, so with the blue one you use that when you are just like in a chill type of mood, or want to keep some distance, use a lot of force. the purple one is for use when you feelin like a boss and you do a combination of everthing. red is when you real mad and you just go crazy and swing like a mofo and kill peeps like a mad man/woman. thats the way I do it and it usually works out amazingly. but the best tactic is to just go deka and roll around and find a good stopping point to rek nerds.