Confirmed Custom model changing to default when pressing loadout after applying it

If you select custom model, apply it and open loadout again your model changes to default model. To which depends on model's position in custom tab. You can also reset model to default by pressing model button and then builds or hilts. Now return to model tab and you are using default model. If it doesn't work the first time try it again. Never got past two tries. Tested on EU open and local server just now. Because of this I have to reselect my model everytime i change something in loadout menu. Very annoying since I mostly use custom models.
Edit: Also when you have custom model tab open and press builds or model buttons your models tab gets switched to default. Didn't notice it at first.

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
This is not technically a bug, but intentional due to the limitations of the engine and how the new UI system works which is based on multiple sub menu files. JKA wasn't really meant to do things this way, but that is a lot of mb2. However, hoping to have a workaround in the future.

Preston

Nerd
This is not technically a bug, but intentional due to the limitations of the engine and how the new UI system works which is based on multiple sub menu files. JKA wasn't really meant to do things this way, but that is a lot of mb2. However, hoping to have a workaround in the future.
Oof, maybe should revert to the old ui till it's fixed then 😬

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Oof, maybe should revert to the old ui till it's fixed then 😬

Nah, this is pretty much all better, just coding resources were limited up to release. Just chose your build templates first, then chose model for now and you should be good. Old UI will hopefully ALSO be available in the future for people to chose. Just limited resources.

Preston

Nerd
Nah, this is pretty much all better, just coding resources were limited up to release. Just chose your build templates first, then chose model for now and you should be good. Old UI will hopefully ALSO be available in the future for people to chose. Just limited resources.
Thatd be awesome tbh, to have the ability to choose would be a win win for everyone. Hope it works out

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Thatd be awesome tbh, to have the ability to choose would be a win win for everyone. Hope it works out

It was the initial plan with the new UI system to have both, but the classic UI needs to be updated a lot to have the same features of the new UI. The old settings menu for example is really cramped and doesn't easily fit all the new stuff we added. I've been struggling just to get the new UI working, and no one has wanted to take the time to make the classic UI work as well. However, that is the purpose of the ui_preset cvar/variable in UI configs. Tells code which UI "Style" you are using, 0 being classic menu, 2 being new menu. (1 is an internal UI that was derived from classic ui that has new classes we are working on in it). Its possible for the community to help do this though if anyone really wants to dive into the massive nonsense that is UI files as I won't have time for at least 2 weeks to even start something like that.

You should be able to even take last releases UI, change the folder structure slightly, and make a new layout config and still be able to use it I think? I didn't think about actually doing that before release. Probably should have but was too focused on just getting things working.