•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Crash on Startup since new update; "Menu file not found: ui/mb_menus.txt, unable to continue!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolatCheeks

Community Liason
Internal Beta Team
US Official Server Admin
I just updated to the newest version of MB2 (downloaded on March 5th, 2018) using the launcher. Since updating, the game crashes before reaching the main menu.

After clicking play from the launcher the game goes fullscreen, I see the title screen, sometimes the little MB2 intro video plays, and then it crashes to desktop with the following message:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Error:
recursive error after: ^1default menu file not found:ui/mb_menus.txt, unable to continue!
The crash log was written to C:\[path to crashlog]
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The whole crashlog text file is pretty long and I can't make much sense of it. I can post the whole thing if it'll help but for now I'll just paste what I think is relevant:

------------------------------------

--- ambient sound initialization ---
Sound memory manager started
VM_Create: uix86.dll failed!
VM_CreateLegacy: uix86.dll succeeded
UI: Initializing Unhandled Exception Filter
^3menu file not found: ui/mb_menus.txt, using default
ERROR: ^1default menu file not found: ui/mb_menus.txt, unable to continue!

... then a bunch of graphics stuff...

VM_Create: uix86.dll failed!
VM_CreateLegacy: uix86.dll succeeded
UI: Initializing Unhandled Exception Filter
^3Warning: file ui/jamp/menudef.h, line 2: redefinition of CT_LTBLUE1
^3Warning: file ui/jamp/menudef.h, line 3: redefinition of CT_DKBLUE1
^3Warning: file ui/jamp/menudef.h, line 4: redefinition of CT_LTCYAN
^3Warning: file ui/jamp/menudef.h, line 5: redefinition of CT_DKCYAN
^3Warning: file ui/jamp/menudef.h, line 6: redefinition of ITEM_TYPE_TEXT
^3Warning: file ui/jamp/menudef.h, line 7: redefinition of ITEM_TYPE_BUTTON
^3Warning: file ui/jamp/menudef.h, line 8: redefinition of ITEM_TYPE_RADIOBUTTON
^3Warning: file ui/jamp/menudef.h, line 9: redefinition of ITEM_TYPE_CHECKBOX
^3Warning: file ui/jamp/menudef.h, line 10: redefinition of ITEM_TYPE_EDITFIELD
^3Warning: file ui/jamp/menudef.h, line 11: redefinition of ITEM_TYPE_COMBO
^3Warning: file ui/jamp/menudef.h, line 12: redefinition of ITEM_TYPE_LISTBOX

... a LOT more of these...

^3Warning: file ui/jamp/menudef.h, line 329: redefinition of VOICECHAT_TAUNT
^3Warning: file ui/jamp/menudef.h, line 330: redefinition of VOICECHAT_DEATHINSULT
^3Warning: file ui/jamp/menudef.h, line 331: redefinition of VOICECHAT_KILLGAUNTLET
^3Warning: file ui/jamp/menudef.h, line 332: redefinition of VOICECHAT_PRAISE
^3menu file not found: ui/mb_menus.txt, using default
recursive error after: ^1default menu file not found: ui/mb_menus.txt, unable to continue!

and that's the end of the crashlog.

What do? I'm not running any mods, model packs, or anything of that sort. Never experienced any issues like this until most recent update. Like I said I'll post the entire crashlog if it's necessary.
By the way I'm running Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks in advance!

ChocolatCheeks

Community Liason
Internal Beta Team
US Official Server Admin
Well this is embarrassing...

Right after I posted the above I opened the launcher, clicked on settings, check the box marked "Check installation integrity on start", restarted the launcher, it downloaded a few things, and now the game seems to work fine!

Well this is embarrassing...

Right after I posted the above I opened the launcher, clicked on settings, check the box marked "Check installation integrity on start", restarted the launcher, it downloaded a few things, and now the game seems to work fine!
Hia what do you mean by launcher ? The .exe application shortcut ?
I’ve got the same recurring problem here, sadly I don’t know what you mean by launcher, and how to enable “check installation integrity on start” do I right click exe shortcut on desktop? Is that the launcher? Can’t find what you mean :/ really want to be able to play it again, but keep getting that same message. Please help!
Thanks
Adam

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Hia what do you mean by launcher ? The .exe application shortcut ?
I’ve got the same recurring problem here, sadly I don’t know what you mean by launcher, and how to enable “check installation integrity on start” do I right click exe shortcut on desktop? Is that the launcher? Can’t find what you mean :/ really want to be able to play it again, but keep getting that same message. Please help!
Thanks
Adam
1) This forum is for Movie Battles. It isn't related to Movie Duels. You will not get support for that here. Ask on their Discord: Join the Movie Duels Discord Server!
2) Do not revive threads that are 4 years old for your own issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.