Counters

So I've played for a bit now read all the guides. I am ok a duals. but maybe some one has a more in depth way of explaining. counters or some tips. like the timing or do i attack from a different direction. some times i think i got it but mostly feels random. all of the guides are super vague. appreciate any help.

As I understand it a counter swing is a fast swing you can perform immediately after getting hit by your opponent. It doesn't matter what direction you counter from or if you PB or not, just attack right after getting hit. The time window to execute it is small so you have to be fast. The big upside to countering is that you can use it to defend yourself and get a free hit in at the end. One downside to it is that if you do it often and predictably your opponent might realize it and slap you every time.

Source: The Cult Dueling Guide 1.9 and Noel's Dueling Guide [Up to date]
(Disclaimer: I don't really duel a lot so best some duel sneed tells you the ins and outs better)

you didn't read all guides and you didn't watch any of youtube guides
well I did so don't be rude. Even the old ones. watch all the utube I could find. not much there but I did find the one's with the wookiee helpful. This is what I find alot in this game. people saying It just takes time or read a guide. like counters for one most guides tell you right after you are hit you can counter swing. but no were I saw it say anything about how much of a deference. it make to try and block or pb. before you counter. some one showed me the other day. not saying the guides are not helpful in fact they are very. but little things that seem like a given or dont seem like much because you've been playing for 10 years. can help a lot.. so maybe before you come and take the time to post some toxic ego filled post about what I did not do. maybe just drop a tip or a tick that helped you learn. Or just don't replay at all.

As I understand it a counter swing is a fast swing you can perform immediately after getting hit by your opponent. It doesn't matter what direction you counter from or if you PB or not, just attack right after getting hit. The time window to execute it is small so you have to be fast. The big upside to countering is that you can use it to defend yourself and get a free hit in at the end. One downside to it is that if you do it often and predictably your opponent might realize it and slap you every time.

Source: The Cult Dueling Guide 1.9 and Noel's Dueling Guide [Up to date]
(Disclaimer: I don't really duel a lot so best some duel sneed tells you the ins and outs better)
Thank you very much for taking the time to try and help. I have read them both. I just found out about swing count. but didn't know about the ex hit at the end. Now I know

eShuma

EU Official Server Admin
well I did so don't be rude. Even the old ones. watch all the utube I could find. not much there but I did find the one's with the wookiee helpful. This is what I find alot in this game. people saying It just takes time or read a guide. like counters for one most guides tell you right after you are hit you can counter swing. but no were I saw it say anything about how much of a deference. it make to try and block or pb. before you counter. some one showed me the other day. not saying the guides are not helpful in fact they are very. but little things that seem like a given or dont seem like much because you've been playing for 10 years. can help a lot.. so maybe before you come and take the time to post some toxic ego filled post about what I did not do. maybe just drop a tip or a tick that helped you learn. Or just don't replay at all.
sorry