Constant Burnout.

So I have a really big problem when it comes to having fun in games. I tend to play a game for a few days/weeks, and before I know it I'm completely burned out and move on to another game. Currently I'm playing Overwatch, after my recent burnout for MBII. I go through this yearly cycle type deal where I'll play a certain game for 1 or 2 months before burnout, switch games, rinse and repeat. I would like to play MBII now, but I just don't have any will to do so. Has anyone ever had this problem, and is there a way to fix it?

k4far

Banned
Donator
I am playing it on a whim. Sometimes it is a few hours the other day just one.
Having a little own goal like finding sounds, modelling, walking around others so they can start out can give You a reason to keep playing. Fun is fun, unless there is no fun. Do not force yourself to play. MB is like Jack Daniels - You appreciate it after a busy week / day at work. When You do not have the slightest idea what do do with Yourself.

I am always thinking, maybe at some point garbage like EA will die, other shitty games will die too and all of the people will turn to old titles for entertainment. Why the fuck not, not everyone is born a graphical retard, right? I have a history of deleting Movie Battles a couple of times, nothing wrong about it You just return to old good things when You are ready.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
I'm not sure this is really a "problem", unless you're trying to go MLG esports pro at a game. Fix it by playing other games for a while. Or switch between playing multiple games concurrently. If you try to play MB2 right now and don't find it fun, just move onto another game for a few months. I do this all the time, I'll play MB2 religiously for several weeks before getting sick of it. Then I'll move onto another game and barely touch MB2 for months, before eventually getting the urge to play it religiously again.

If you don't find MB2 fun right now, don't play it. This game's been around since 2003, and it doesn't look like it'll be dying any time soon. It'll still be alive whenever you find the will to play it again.

i had an immense surge of interest upon finding out about sanic arc but after screwing around with it religiously and finding out that any jedi that really cares to will shut your fun down i kind of stopped giving a shit (wow! funny! shutting down fun is what jedi does to every class! who knew!!!!)

even if that wasn't the worst of it, the game only plays two maps (deathstar, dotf) and only one of those has a shitton of ramps for me to do sickass flips off of and go flying across the room (why every map doesn't have ramps everywhere to take advantage of the engine's physics is beyond me because it's easily the funnest thing to do and every class can do it)

i mean it also makes imp virtually unplayable for me because of how slow/low input they are in comparison but nbd lmao

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I used to play CoD4 and TCE - TrueCombat, TrueCombat:Elite & Close Quarters Battle - an Enemy Territory (and Quake 3) Modification for a long time (clan), once our clan lost members I got bored of random games.
Then I played MBII, since MBII has no competitive scene (it used to) I stopped playing.

Every few months I play:
- Capitalism II
- Cossacks I
- Knight of Honor (or EU IV)
- Pizza Connection 2
- SWAT IV, which I'm gonna reinstall soon to try out @eezstreet mod.

I bought WoW subscription month ago, so I'm gonna hop in once I find more people to play with.

As for FPS/TPS games, random games are cool, but I get bored pretty fast.

My record in MBII was 12 hours straight without a break, but it was back in RCX times when we had PUGs and clanwars. Now? I can play for few rounds and thats more than enough for me. Games are really fun if you have someone to play with.

Modern games suck badly. Last single player game I really enjoyed was Fable which I recommend to everyone.

The ebb and flow of life changes with your current desire and interest. Such is the way of things.

Still haven't finished kotor:)
When I do, I'll install kotor 2.
I figure I'll be done in another 15 years.

Huhu.