•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Connection problem (protocol version)

Bold Moves

Donator
Hello,

I'd love to play the game with my friend, but this message keeps popping up to him once he tries to connect to some server:

Server uses protocol version 26 (yours is 25).

Anyone knows about a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Bold Moves

Donator
Thanks guys, but I have actually read the thread concerning this issue, but none of said solutions worked for me. JA is up to date and I have tried both launcher methods. It is pretty messed up, because I have basically copied my JA folder to my friend and the game works for me (even both launchers). If you are thinking about some uninstalled drivers, my friend had JA installed before (working fine), I have even ran full installation repair via MB launcher on his PC. We are even on the same network.

Any ideas?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Thanks guys, but I have actually read the thread concerning this issue, but none of said solutions worked for me. JA is up to date and I have tried both launcher methods. It is pretty messed up, because I have basically copied my JA folder to my friend and the game works for me (even both launchers). If you are thinking about some uninstalled drivers, my friend had JA installed before (working fine), I have even ran full installation repair via MB launcher on his PC. We are even on the same network.

Any ideas?
So what does happen when he's starting game using MB Client? Same error message?

MBII Launcher => Settings => check "Enable logging" => Repair installation.
Post latest log from "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs" here.

Try deleting these files or move them to some unrelated folder:
"Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\jampconfig.cfg"
"Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\openjk.cfg"
"My Documents\My Games\OpenJK\MBII\openjk.cfg"

What server he was connecting to?
Did he tried BG, AOD, official servers?

Bold Moves

Donator
Hey, sorry I took my time. Doing a bit of travelling of late. Thanks for the helpful ideas!

Well I have tried a mish mash of attempts to fix it including your suggestions, but in the end everything started working when I have connected to a server with [ip]:29071 (I believe). I mean seriously, all the other servers started popping up in the list after that and the game works ever since, though it haven't for pretty long time.

Gotta love program magic!