•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Connection Interrupted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, im new to this mod and want to say that its amazing and i like it so far, but im having this issue almost every round for ~7 sec game freeze with Connection Interrupted messege on my screen, i have GOG version of JKA and only this mod installed, since there is only a few servers working so far i tried them all where i get ping less than 150, on EU servers im getting 60 ping constantly so i doubt that problem is my connection, i also have network settings from Hexodius "My first day in MBII" guide with cl_timenudge -50 command, i would be glad to get any help here, thanks.
English is not my native i hope i explained it clearly.

Last edited:

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
This occurs frequently on servers with a lot of people when you first spawn in a round.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
You prolly set your FPS too high. (Set limit to 100.)
Or something outside the game is using your internet connection.
Try to enable lagometer (cg_lagometer 1) and see if you have stable green graph or not.

You prolly set your FPS too high. (Set limit to 100.)
Or something outside the game is using your internet connection.
Try to enable lagometer (cg_lagometer 1) and see if you have stable green graph or not.
Does it matter how you set your fps? I've played this mod for 3 days now, but 1st day i had no lag at all.
lagometer shows that when i have connection interrupted green graph is fully red.

I'm testing my connection on speedtest right now, Frankfurt and Amsterdam is good, lowest download speed is 25 mb/s , but on Stockholm i got lowest as 16 mb/s and ping 60 is it not enough for MBII?

ent

Movie Battles II Team
This game needs up to 90 KB/s, your dl speed does not matter.
High fps (over 100) can make you lagging on servers with high ping (over 150).
Your connection settings are fine?
snaps 40
rate 25000
cl_maxpackets 100
Set those. And be sure no other processes eat your bandwidth.
Ctrl+shift+esc -> performance -> resource monitor -> tab network for win7. For new windows the network tab is already in the task manager.
Some bad chrome or torrents can eat much. Check them in the network tab. And sort by bandwidth or something.

Last edited:
Oh, btw can i ask another question? The game (OpenJK.exe) crushes every 3-4 hours mostly on loading screen, any advice? I heard for vanilla multiplayer ppl installing openjk, ja++ and stuff, do i need it?
EDIT: Oh wait i already have openjk since it is what crushing, but still do i need to install something manually?

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
This problem isn't related to clients, it's servers, nothing you can do but wait for the team to release the fix :(

Status
Not open for further replies.