Concerning Polies and Triangles

I'm working on a very nice, detailed, high quality hilt to replace an [incredibly] outdated one in MB2 that surprisingly no one cared about to upgrade during the years.

Problem is I'm having HUGE trouble to find anyone who can answer me about what is considered a suitable, or too high amount of poly, tri and vert count for models.

My hilt model is presently sitting at 40k poly, tri and 20k verts, so a good 100k total.

Is MB2 capable to accept that amount? If not, any tricks to reduce (others then cut details on my hilt)?

Using 3Ds Max btw

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I am not really sure what a hilt should be but player models have their LOD0 at around 6k triangles. The N1 starfighters for example are 1.5k triangles.

What you have there is way above what JKA can handle and needs to be reduced drastically for it to work. 40k triangles is above what the entirety of DOTF hangar draws.

I am not really sure what a hilt should be but player models have their LOD0 at around 6k triangles. The N1 starfighters for example are 1.5k triangles.

What you have there is way above what JKA can handle and needs to be reduced drastically for it to work. 40k triangles is above what the entirety of DOTF hangar draws.
LOL thats actually pretty funny and yet sad.

Ima wait to have a bigger field of view before making my changes.

My hilt is bigger then DOTF

I think I figured out a way to drasticaly lower the count, but it'll take a while! The hilt should still look quite fancy, but just less perfectly round, uniform

I estimate the final results to be about half in poli/tri/vert counts, or abit less then the half.

I'll post both images once i'm done to compare

Yep, yup, yop! I'm working on that very hard, thanks for the help guys! I'll surely have few others questions eventually, taking a slight pause rn, modeled for 2 days non-stop