Community Map Feedback

I often see suggestions and grievances regarding the maps we play in this mod but I actually never see anyone forward these to the devs properly. This is why I, your humble Community Liaison, want to compile your feedback into a document so it's easily accessible for the devs.

How to submit feedback
To add to this document you can either post a comment directly on the document using your google account, send it to me on discord via a direct message or post it on the forum thread. Try to keep your post as short and contained as possible, try to tackle only 1 problem at a time.

Your post should include:
1. Map name
2. Suggestion
3. Motivation (What gave you this idea / Why does this change have to happen)
4. (Optional) Pictures of the maps with drawings over them to help get your point across
5. (Optional) If you want to be credited for your contribution, I will assume you do by default

Discord: Bully#6017
Document: MB2 Map Changes

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9255

Maps are fine. We dont report anything because all maps are good now

Reminder to send me feedback!
I've already gotten some good suggestions from a couple individuals, feel free to shoot some idea's about gameplay, small bugs, large bugs or anything else. As long as it is about maps!

Reminder to send me feedback!
I've already gotten some good suggestions from a couple individuals, feel free to shoot some idea's about gameplay, small bugs, large bugs or anything else. As long as it is about maps!
do long smuggler instead of tall smuggler where both spawn rooms are very deep

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
Something to keep in mind since I saw some feedback on CMP maps in the doc:
Some of the community mappers/actual CMP .map files are completely gone. If you wanted to get changes done to those maps it might require decompiling to fix. Even more specifically it might be difficult to fix due to lack of permission because the author is no longer anywhere to be found.

Good thread. Even if I might not agree with the CommTower suggestion.

Suggestion regarding any map that it is applicable to: Make use of objective markers. (I know sort of a no-brainer).

What I would also like to see is a thread with a listing of all the available maps (those still in the current release)
with maybe a screenshot or two that helps players that know the map to instantly recall it (loading screens or mission screen would be a nice addition there I guess).

Then there can be good discussions on favs and pleas for servers to put maps in rotation, which they are missing.

Good thread. Even if I might not agree with the CommTower suggestion.

Suggestion regarding any map that it is applicable to: Make use of objective markers. (I know sort of a no-brainer).

What I would also like to see is a thread with a listing of all the available maps (those still in the current release)
with maybe a screenshot or two that helps players that know the map to instantly recall it (loading screens or mission screen would be a nice addition there I guess).

Then there can be good discussions on favs and pleas for servers to put maps in rotation, which they are missing.
There is already a map list on the wiki for your available map suggestion: Official Levels
It might be a little bit out of date but it's a wiki, anyone can edit it :kitfisto:

Ah, thanks and sorry for maybe slightly derailing this or pinging you albeit I'm just sharing my thoughts.

FWIW: Here is a willy-nilly sorta ranked in order by how much I like 'em currently list of the maps and my brief concept to remember 'em by:
onderon <3
DS
prison <3 if what I think it is, which yip it is
telos <3
ps_desert <3 Someone suggest some sniper madness fixes on first stage for this maybe?
Yavin Assault <3
Republic Cruiser <3
Dxun (mando jetpack lush planet weapon stash map)
DuelOfTheFates
EchoBase
Scarif Citadel gewd
Corellia (warehouse dropship landing)
CommTower
Kamino
CloudCity
Jabba
BoC
Tatooine quite good if a bit mando/sniper happy
Lunarbase ...
Trade Fed dat good hack some stuff mayhaps and get to the falcon or whatnot shippy
CoruscantChase(kill the captured liability in the pub)
narshaddaa quite OK!
Tantive white corridors R2
Enclave ...
Jedi Temple ...
Starkiller Base hmm
Snow Facility ?
arena omg the openness and memeshit
Mustafar (lava)

low-pop and/or not sorted in above:
Jakku (desert slaughtering tents)
Scarif (Dust bomb planting defusion in ze jungle)
Eravana (dat dark small try to stop em reach the falcon map, kinda shitty but a change from smuggler on lowpop)
Korriban
Star Destroyer (dat big open hangar room and sideway boxy shortcut path map)
Smuggler FUUUUUUU
Hangar C (lowpop smuggler alternative)

Mygeeto (huge ass bridge sniper happy map)
Theed (dat outdoor palace thingy)
ps_korriban meh

hotfo?
massassi?

reactor quite good for a change or was that
doomgiver yeah likely moreso this

Last edited:

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
Honestly I'd just let go of some CMP maps. They either need severe tweaking gameplay and balance-wise but cannot be done to the aforementioned reasons, or has quality issues, or nobody plays them. Waste of space for the most part.