CMP FAs

Hey moviebattles developers,

I noticed that the CMP maps are automatically part of the mb2 installer, very nice. I'm wondering though, what changes if any have been done to them since release? Because a number of them were based upon balance assumptions that no longer hold. For example, classes which relied heavily on dodge, the assumption that defense 2 had half the BP and force drain from defending, etc. etc.

A year ago I made a re-balancing patch but I merely distributed it to a few of the owners of servers that ran full authentic CMP maps, and those changes didn't take into account any updates that were made between february 2015 and now. For instance i noticed that the seeker droid is working again.

Jorge

Venom Big Boss Coder
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Hey!!!!!!! I remember you! How you doin you old budy, so good to see you!
I'm sure @Spaghetti or one of the mappers can fill you in, afaik every once in a while the FA are checked to make sure stuff isn't broken. Idk about balance but surely someone will get back to you.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
There are patch notes from here onward: Version 1.2

There have been no gameplay changes (with the exception of changing saber defense 2 to 1 for equivalence with balance). Deka attributes had to be renamed too. Beyond that it's mostly model updates to track what 1.1 broke and what 1.3 would have broken.

Jorge

Venom Big Boss Coder
ipod you ought to apply for beta team, from there you would be in a great position to give some love to the CMP, of course I only speak for myself, but would be nice to renew interest in CMP

I applied to the beta team once, participated in 1 beta, and then got (justifiably removed) for several months of inactivity.
I could try my hand at it again.