Class roster modification

Is it possible to make both teams on a server consist of droids? EX: both teams have SBDs and droidekas?
Assuming the answer is yes, please list the steps below.

Upvote 0
Solution: Make your own Full Authentic game mode.
Thank you for your assistance, but I have never joined a full authentic server, and I would appreciate a guide on how to construct a custom one.
[I already have a functioning server, and I believe I understand how to set it to FA, but I do not understand how to customize the classes.]

An idea may be to have a server option which allows people to customize their classes, but that may be hard to get in the mod.

An idea may be to have a server option which allows people to customize their classes, but that may be hard to get in the mod.
Organic, I simply ask for how to currently customize the classes on both teams in FA. I do not wish to add something entirely new to MBII

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Given it's been a long time since I messed around with custom FAs, this may need some tweaking...
1) Using Pakscape, open up MBAssets3.pk3. Under ext_data/mb2, there's two folders. The "teamconfig" folder has the files for maps while the "character" folder has the individual members of the teams for the maps.
2) You're going to want to create a new file in Pakscape with the same folder structure (ext_data/mb2 with /character and /teamconfig).
3) Create a text file OUTSIDE of Pakscape with the same name of the .mbtc file from the map you're modifying (for each team).
4) Going off of trying to make both teams Droidekas/SBDs (using BOC as an example):
Code:
In both BOC_cis.mbtc and BOC_rep.mbtc...
//Siege team definition file.

name "BOC_cis or BOC_rep"

ClassesAllowed 4
TimePeriod 3
EUAllowed 0

Classes
{
   class1     "AI_Deka"
   class2     "AI_SBD"
}
5) Then, we make a .mbch file for each of those (same name; AI_Deka.mbch and AI_SBD.mbch) and specify all the stats/abilities/etc for each
Example Deka:
Code:
//Siege class def file.

ClassInfo
{
name         "Cor_SDestroyerDroid"
weapons         WP_MELEE
attributes       MB_ATT_DEKA_SHIELD,2|MB_ATT_DEKA_HULL,2|MB_ATT_FIREPOWER,1|MB_ATT_SHIELD_PROJ,1,MB_ATT_DEKA_DEPLOY,1
model         "droideka"
skin         "default"
uishader       "models/players/droideka/mb2_icon_default"
MBClass         MB_CLASS_DROIDEKA
classNumberLimit   2
}

description   "Droideka

Weaponry:
Twin built-in blasters

Attributes:
Shield Projector (1)
Shield Strength (2)
Hull Strength (2)
Fire Power (1)
Quick Deploy (1)

Droideka's were more formidable than the Federation's more numerous B1 battle droids for several reasons. They were able to transform into a wheel-like configuration, allowing rapid movement and compact storage. When they encountered their targets, the bronzium-armored droids would unfold into a tripodal weapons platform, equipped with powerful, built-in twin blasters and often personal shield generators."
Example SBD:
Code:
//Siege class def file.

ClassInfo
{
name         "Cor_SSuperBattleDroid"
weapons         WP_CONCUSSION
attributes       MB_ATT_AMMO,3|MB_ATT_HULL_STRENGTH,2|MB_ATT_FIREPOWER,2|MB_ATT_RECHARGE,3|MB_ATT_LOGIC,1|MB_ATT_MAGNETIC_PLATING,1
maxhealth       80
maxarmor       100
model         "sbd"
skin         "default"
uishader       "models/players/sbd/mb2_icon_default"
MBClass         MB_CLASS_SBD
classNumberLimit   2
modelscale       1.2
}

description   "B2 Super Battle Droid

Weaponry:
Arm Blaster

Attributes:
Ammo (3)
Hull Strength (2)
Fire Power (2)
Recharge (3)
Advanced Logic (1)
Magnetic Plating (1)

Unlike its predecessor, the B2's delicate processing unit and signal receptor were buried deep inside the torso, offering much more protection from enemy fire."
6) Once you've got those set, put them in their proper folders inside the file you have waiting in Pakscape.
7) Almost forgot this important step..Under ext_data/maps, you're going to want to grab the .siege file from the appropriate map as well. Again, matching folder structure. Pretty sure you want to rename it to something like AI_mapname.siege to avoid any weird overriding issues (been a long time since I threw mods together; never messed with maps, forgive me).
8) Got all your files set and in the right places? Save the file as AI_mapname.pk3, throw it on your server in the MBII folder, and send a copy to all your AI friends so they can load it up.

If there's any error in my steps then I'm sure someone more versed in map files can correct me. Good luck!