•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Cant see in-game menu fonts V 1.6

Fonts in the class select menu dont appear, i think that the font may be to big.

fonts.png

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Your assets appear corrupted (based on the broken textures/shaders in the background).

Please go to launcher settings and verify integrity, or redownload and re-extract the full install ZIP if you installed manually. Also remove any third party mod pk3s.

Tried verifying the file integrity, still has broken fonts. Deleted the file, reinstalled jedi outcast and installed the mod manually, still broken

:Edit: the fonts dont seem to be corrupt anymore, but still cant see em
mb2b_4.png

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
I'm shocked it actually made it in-game, though I suppose it makes sense if openjk were used as the engine. Still would've expected it to crash or throw another error due to missing assets though. Amazing.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
This is my new favourite post lmao
This is not a first time when people are messing with Jedi Outcast, and not even the second:
I suppose it makes sense if openjk were used as the engine.
^ My thoughts exactly.

As for assets, I don't think that not having them is supposed to cause crashes in unconditional way -- after all, Movie Battles is shipped with a fully operational engine.
The engine is supposed to be able to handle missing assets, and I believe that significant number of assets from base game aren't used in MBII anyway, keeping in mind how much content the mod brings.
Theoretically, it should be possible to remade all remaining in-use JA assets from scratch, and untie MBII from a dependency from Jedi Academy; though, probably, some assets will be pretty hard to replace (animations?), and almost certainly that would be illegal.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
There's all kinds of weirdness you can get into if something that's expected to be there isn't. If a sound referenced in animsounds.cfg for a model are missing then the game will crash when it tries to use the animation's sounds. There's probably other cases like that. Point being, the game is likely to be very unstable with only Outcast assets even if it does somehow manage to load a map.

Connected to servers, played and everything. The only problem i had asides from the jank menus were a few missing textures on a single maps. but i got the correct game now and all's fine