Can't join a server, when my brother is in it.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
View attachment 1165

I cannot connect to the server(Because of my brother playing on it),
so I ran the tracert

(sorry for week delay)
Damn, I was sure tracert would fail somewhere.
Sorry, I'm running out of ideas here, I don't understand why this does keep happening.
Same IP doesn't matter, same port does.
I can connect to same server, not just two servers with same IP, using two clients on single computer.
I guess trying to play the game from the same machine is fine since the router you are using in internal/virtual (the Windows one) and it forwards ports properly.
But those guys are using different machines and the port forwarding is external is as we see is wrong.
I don't understand what are you talking about.
Port forwarding is required only for creating your own server, not for playing on existing servers, because it's clients who initiate connections and it's servers who have to able accept incoming connections.
Port forwarding is procedure that maps incoming connections to local IPs depending on port number that connection uses, so data isn't broad-casted to all machines those are behind a router -- each connection gets its own destination.
Port forwarding has no effect on outgoing connections.

If playing Movie Battles would require handing of incoming connections, we had a huge amount of complaints on forums, since a lot of people use routers/have NATs and they don't have PW configured.
I wouldn't be able to play, because currently I'm behind a NAT that I have no access to.
Btw, I have the same problem when I connect from both PC and phone.
That's weird, I wish someone from devteam explain why this does happen.

Does somebody actually knows how to solve this? I'm new at this game and community, and I'm having just the same problem. Me and my brother cannot join to the same server. The lists only appear to one of us, not simultaneously. And if it happens to appear, trying to connect to a random server always fails.

Might be the launcher? (I shared the same launcher through a pendrive to his computer)
I opened the ports on my router to our respective IP's (at least, the ones that are assignated now) but still doesn't work.

Here's my tracert
tracerit.JPG

Bumping this thread in order to know if there are some answers.
CpxzvvT

Lervish

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Hello, this link most likely explains the problem. The solution is also there, but slightly different for Jedi Academy's case if I'm correct.

Either you or your brother needs to change the port of their client. If you have the Steam version, configure the launch option
Code:
+set net_port 29071
to Jedi Academy via your Steam library (default is 29070 which will then be taken automatically by the other client). If you don't have the Steam version, you need to do it via the launcher: Settings -> Set custom launch parameters.

Hello, this link most likely explains the problem. The solution is also there, but slightly different for Jedi Academy's case if I'm correct.

Either you or your brother needs to change the port of their client. If you have the Steam version, configure the launch option
Code:
+set net_port 29071
to Jedi Academy via your Steam library (default is 29070 which will then be taken automatically by the other client). If you don't have the Steam version, you need to do it via the launcher: Settings -> Set custom launch parameters.
It worked!
Thanks A L O T! It's good to see that this game is still rolling nonstop.

Thanks again!