•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Can't find the Movie Battles II launcher. Can't run game on steam. Please help.

When I download the Movie Battles II launcher, I told it to install at local disk > program files (x86) > steam > steamapps > common > Jedi Academy > GameData.

It installs. Program loads up on my screen and allows me to play. When I enter a match, I am auto-kicked telling me that I need to start the game from the launcher and that it needs to stay running (I thought I did?).

I get confused and look for the location of the launcher in my GameData folder. To which I discover that I can't find the launcher program in the folder at all! It's not in the GameData folder directly. I checked the MBII folder in my GamData folder and it's not there. I checked the MBII_Launcher folder in the GameData folder and all I see is an empty "cache" folder. And I searched my computer files more generally and still can't find a launcher.exe file.

I uninstalled everything, including Jedi Knight Academy and tried it all again with the same result. Can't find the launcher after installing it into what I think is the correct folder. Can't play the game even when I manage to have the launcher active (right after downloading). And can't figure any solution. I even tried the steam "set launch options" to auto-start it without the launcher, but it seems the servers want it started from the launcher and that it be kept active.

I'm getting hopelessly frustrated. Please help me if you can.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Even if you're installing Movie Battles via Launcher, Launcher won't move itself to "GameData" folder.
You must move MBIILauncher.exe from downloads folder to "Jedi Academy\GameData" manually.

And yes, you have to white-list Launcher in anti-virus.