Can somebody buff disarms, please?

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
That is actually not a bad idea at all. It would give people more reasons to try to disarm and to avoid being disarmed.

At first glance I was like, all ACM? Isn't that too much? But when you think about it, this just encourages people to swingblock and be more careful and I've always been a supporter of that.

In the higher echelons of skill, it would make trying 2nd hit disarms more rewarding aswell, or eve 3rd hit disarms or pre-emptive mblocks if you will. It's another tool that someone can attempt to use when he is in a bind and the opponent can avoid it by playing properly. This is just a way to introduce a little bit more skill into the system without breaking anything, which is great I think.

So yeah why not?

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I think this would just be overkill, if you disarm someone it should be a kill everytime, unless he anticipated it/reacted faster than you (in which case he deserves to escape, he's already put at a disadvantage). Removing all ACM on top of that looks like rewarding the MBlocker for having failed to take full advantage of his disarm...

Please don't add any more incentive for defensive play. New PB and disarm attempts with no cost is enough already.

Please don't add any more incentive for defensive play. New PB and disarm attempts with no cost is enough already.
yeah i completely agree

mblock was already ridiculously buffed, so when you end up missing one of your no cost mblocks that doesn't show you're attempting it unless you're holding walk or you hit it and didnt believe and swing through, why get another benefit on top of that?

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Why did mblock even lose its BP drains? I haven't figured out a legitimate reason for this yet.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
If they accidentally mblock, then that's a mechanical problem, not a design problem.

Preston

Nerd
If they accidentally mblock, then that's a mechanical problem, not a design problem.
I agree, but it does get annoying, I remember when I first started playing I chose to not swingblock for that very reason

If you get "randomly" disarmed it's your problem, guys. You shouldn't repeat the same AW-D or AS-WD. Of course, eventually someone will take advantage of your repetitive combos and disarm you on the second swing. As for me, this minor buff won't give a serious advantage to neither of the sides.

If you just swingblock properly the first swing, disarming you will be extremely difficult (if you don't repeat the same pattern over and over again). And a defensive opponent who tries to catch you with a disarm dies in a matter of seconds. But it's so much of a pleasure to disarm offensive opponent (like very small chance of that) in the last seconds of your life and neglect his ACM thus sparing some time for yourself.

If you get "randomly" disarmed it's your problem, guys. You shouldn't repeat the same AW-D or AS-WD. Of course, eventually someone will take advantage of your repetitive combos and disarm you on the second swing. As for me, this minor buff won't give a serious advantage to neither of the sides.

If you just swingblock properly the first swing, disarming you will be extremely difficult (if you don't repeat the same pattern over and over again). And a defensive opponent who tries to catch you with a disarm dies in a matter of seconds. But it's so much of a pleasure to disarm offensive opponent (like very small chance of that) in the last seconds of your life and neglect his ACM thus sparing some time for yourself.
not a single person has talked about getting randomly mblocked in here ? ? ?

agree, but it does get annoying, I remember when I first started playing I chose to not swingblock for that very reason
What are they talking about than? And my reply was some kind of advice for them

Actually i thought it over once again and i think this ACM complete loss is quite useless. Disarm in 90 percent cases is an instakill. I've come up with a better idea of buffing disarm: -1 ACM from the opponent on successful disarms, which were swingblocked.

Last edited:
notice they are saying "accidentally mblock" and not "get mblocked on accident"

they are just talking about hitting mblock when trying to swing, which used to take away bp