•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Bugs in custom made menus

Hello! I'm trying to do some UI modifications for the mod, but there are a few problems what I cant solve alone, so I need help from those who know more about the .menu files than I do. The short version of the story that I want to move the character portrait panel (headlist) from the current "Join" menu into the classes' own customization menu.
I made some screenshots to make it easier for others to understand what's happening, and what are my problems.

Here's what is happening and what is the problem:
1) I'm opening the old Join menu, and select for example Rosh as a character to play. (picture #1)
2) The Jedi customization menu is opening (all customization feature is removed atm, only the character portrait panel, the character model, the icons to switch classes, and the apply button are visible). As you can see, Rosh is selected as character (what is good), but the headlist is not updated, so the blue border is on the 1st character, not on Rosh (picture #2).
3) I'm going to switch from Jedi to Soldier. Rebel Soldier class has 9 characters in Open mode. Before switching classes, I choose another character to play as a Jedi, lets say I switch to Starkiller, what is at the end of the character list (not in the first 9) (picture #3).
4) I switch to Soldier, but as you see, the headlist is not updated again. And because my Jedi character was on the dunno 30th slot in the Jedi character list, but Soldier has only 9 characters, Starkiller is kept as playable character for the Soldier class (picture #4). This is a visual glitch only, because the game is forcing a Soldier character to play with, but its a serious visual glitch as you see.
5) Another problem with the headlist appears if I click onto the headlist, but not onto a character icon. If I do this in the current Join menu, the blue/white border appears on the last character, and when I open the class customization menu, the last (or first?) character is selected as playable character. However if I do this in my current class menu, a Phase 1 ARC appears as playable character (even doing this with an imperial class) (picture #5 and #6). If I close the menu and open it again, everything is fine, because the game forces a class character as playable character, but as you see, it is also a huge visual glitch.

My question is that does anyone know any solution for my problems by using the current possibilities of the mod, or these could be solved only by coding? I attach the .pk3 file of the menus what you can see on the pictures, it could be useful.

Attachments

• ui_bug.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 195