buff deflect 3

YES PLEASE. Make it something viable and not just waste of points

It's half-viable in its state. But very godlike when rather well used still.

My guess is there is a need for a look into it, I don't know what exactly.

It's half-viable in its state. But very godlike when rather well used still.

My guess is there is a need for a look into it, I don't know what exactly.
not you or I or any of this mod's developers could land a single 100 to 0 kill in 1v1 against a Valk level gunner using deflect 3, perhaps that should be the intention, but even using 100 fp to deflect achieves very little against someone shooting E-11 secondary fire at you, because its like impossible or something to deflect at the speed that some guns can shoot so there's some interrupt even while one tries to spam clicks for deflect.

just decrease the cost to 0.5fp per shot or reduce/remove the cooldown refresh time between possible deflects or something

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
deflect 3 should let you deflect on knockdown

maybe just increase the chance of random deflects? i don't know the chances of it's happenning now. But maybe increase it by %5 for each level? and %15 more chance for random deflecting on deflect level 3?

not you or I or any of this mod's developers could land a single 100 to 0 kill in 1v1 against a Valk level gunner using deflect 3, perhaps that should be the intention, but even using 100 fp to deflect achieves very little against someone shooting E-11 secondary fire at you, because its like impossible or something to deflect at the speed that some guns can shoot so there's some interrupt even while one tries to spam clicks for deflect.

just decrease the cost to 0.5fp per shot or reduce/remove the cooldown refresh time between possible deflects or something
Guys. Correct me if I'm analyzing this incorrectly, but you think you have to tap to deflect. No? You can just hold block and attack at the same time to deflect any number of bolts until you run out of FP. It is easy to Deflect even Clone rifle 3 or deka shots back at people. The tap to deflect thing has been optional for years now.

Deflect level affects how often, what range, and how much FP it drains, level 1 lets you defect a shot or 2 at a time at around 10+ feet (estimation). Deflect 2 lets you deflect more shots at a closer range with less FP, and deflect 3 lets you deflect all shots at all ranges with no FP drain (it's paused instead of regenning, but you can opt to tap it only when they shoot you to maximize FP regen).

For 2 points you can easily deflect sniper shots back at snipers (or if you've got a teammate, have him snipe you and you deflect it at someone else).
For 6 points you can run a generally good deflect % chance in your build in case you want to use it occasionally.
And for 12 points you can run a build that's more focused on deflecting over anything else. Combine it with defense 3 and swingblocks and you can swing at someone, and deflect their shots back into them simultaneously.

Deflect level affects how often, what range, and how much FP it drains, level 1 lets you defect a shot or 2 at a time at around 10+ feet (estimation). Deflect 2 lets you deflect more shots at a closer range with less FP, and deflect 3 lets you deflect all shots at all ranges with no FP drain (it's paused instead of regenning, but you can opt to tap it only when they shoot you to maximize FP regen).

For 2 points you can easily deflect sniper shots back at snipers (or if you've got a teammate, have him snipe you and you deflect it at someone else).
For 6 points you can run a generally good deflect % chance in your build in case you want to use it occasionally.
And for 12 points you can run a build that's more focused on deflecting over anything else. Combine it with defense 3 and swingblocks and you can swing at someone, and deflect their shots back into them simultaneously.
yawn. i know this.

buff deflect 3 lol
Guys. Correct me if I'm analyzing this incorrectly, but you think you have to tap to deflect. No? You can just hold block and attack at the same time to deflect any number of bolts until you run out of FP. It is easy to Deflect even Clone rifle 3 or deka shots back at people. The tap to deflect thing has been optional for years now.

also i believe that you are wrong, and that tapping is still the way to deflect most shots. didnt care to test it tho, since eu has actually good gunners i cant be arsed. i could easily deflect over and over into gunners like riker when i was in na so please dont think im wrong when i state eu>na

yawn. i know this.

buff deflect 3 lol

also i believe that you are wrong, and that tapping is still the way to deflect most shots. didnt care to test it tho, since eu has actually good gunners i cant be arsed. i could easily deflect over and over into gunners like riker when i was in na so please dont think im wrong when i state eu>na
Unless the most recent update changed it, holding to reflect has been a thing since I joined years ago. That's partially why deflect one drains more FP than 2 and 2 drains more than 3 when held. That is the counterbalance that deflect is based on. You can shoot the Jedi and pace out your shots to make them drain their own fp. Because of this though, tapping or holding a bit at a time to deflect is a strategy some use to counterplay the counterplay.

Deflect 3 is really good imo. At least it does not need to be buffed. I have gotten way too many kills by deflecting shots back at a clueless gunner.

Unless the most recent update changed it, holding to reflect has been a thing since I joined years ago. That's partially why deflect one drains more FP than 2 and 2 drains more than 3 when held. That is the counterbalance that deflect is based on. You can shoot the Jedi and pace out your shots to make them drain their own fp. Because of this though, tapping or holding a bit at a time to deflect is a strategy some use to counterplay the counterplay.

Deflect 3 is really good imo. At least it does not need to be buffed. I have gotten way too many kills by deflecting shots back at a clueless gunner.
yet nowadays, against even normal skill gunners you wont be getting kills with deflect.

the best way has been the same when jedi were too easy, and now when they're still kinda easy, to simply run at the gunners and hit them with your saber.
deflect is completely thrown by the wayside by 99% of players, I had thought that buffing fp drains would be an indirect buff to deflect, but honestly now it just makes deflect even more useless as you're not going to land consistent kills with it and the gunners on your side are not going to capitalize on you standing like a dummy to shoot the enemies shooting at you. (if they even continue shooting after you've began to deflect)

wasting your fp on deflect is also just wasting time that you'll have to spend regenerating it to then try the good way of killing gunners with other force powers and your saber.

should there be more mechanics like deflect and grip and now even mando rocket that are only going to work on retarded players? or should these weapons be redesigned to be even half as effective as a single saber strike would be?

like yeah i understand most of na is retarded players, but cmon give us subhumans something for once, cuz there's hella wallhackers in eu that need to fuel their ego by winning as gunner

I think deflect 2 should be like deflect 3 and deflect 3 should let you regen fp points as if you were just holding block, maybe at a slower rate perhaps.

Eh maybe. Deflect just like saber throw is in a place where they should lore-wise be significantly more potent, and it would be damn satisfying to use if they were, but they both have the same issue of extending beyond the Jedi and Sith's role in Open. They are melee classes, deflect and saber throw give them ranged attacks, so to not make them OP, it's important their ranged attacks are significantly weaker than the gunner classes. So I can see why it would be a difficult idea to balance around, but I do wish reflect and saber throw were more satisfying.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Personally, I think Deflect 3 should afford unto the Jedi/Sith a bit more leniency with regard to blaster FP drain: I'd suggest that, while using MBlock to Deflect (100% think that this aspect needs to be maintained as opposed to making it automatic), incoming fire drains 25-50% less of your FP per shot.

Even if Deflect 3 incurred a heftier cost so as to prevent the user from getting too many goodies, it'd be a welcome trade off because, as it stands, its use is very situational (at best), and the FP drain from fire all but renders it pointless versus competent gunners as you are depleted of FP in circa-2 seconds of focused fire.