bring back old dotf?

• yes

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • noyyes i mean yes

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 5707

Yeah, I agree. New dotf has a lot of things in it that I don't really like. Here's a list of the issues and complaints I have.
  • The Rebel Spawns that are inside Imp Spawn and inside the corridor in Main to the right.
  • The Imp Spawns right next to the OBJ
  • The protected spawn points are also easily abusable and people can shoot out of it but you can't shoot through. Honestly, take off the shields entirely for all of them but keep the spawns.
  • I don't like the huge ship in hangar, you can headglitch and shit and really it's just a bastardized version of catwalk from old dotf.
  • Map seems excessively bright.
  • I don't like how the OBJ is so open for rebels. They can just run into the OBJ and straight up just cap it like that. This forces Imperials to stay and defend ( of course this is their objective to defend, but they can't extend out and fight if rebels aren't playing aggresively without worrying about some guy with like speed 3 or just some ninja type dude to just cap.
  • I don't like how the new dotf doesn't have the cool skillful ceiling jumps such as the old one. Also, defending throne room is pretty tough with all the open space as an imperial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I agree. New dotf has a lot of things in it that I don't really like. Here's a list of the issues and complaints I have.
  • The Rebel Spawns that are inside Imp Spawn and inside the corridor in Main to the right.
  • The Imp Spawns right next to the OBJ
  • The protected spawn points are also easily abusable and people can shoot out of it but you can't shoot through. Honestly, take off the shields entirely for all of them but keep the spawns.
  • I don't like the huge ship in hangar, you can headglitch and shit and really it's just a bastardized version of catwalk from old dotf.
  • Map seems really bright, strains my eyes but whatever.
  • I don't like how the OBJ is so open for rebels. They can just run into the OBJ and straight up just cap it like that. This forces Imperials to stay and defend ( of course this is their objective to defend, but they can't extend out and fight if rebels aren't playing aggresively without worrying about some guy with like speed 3 or just some ninja type dude to just cap.
  • I don't like how the new dotf doesn't have the cool skillful ceiling jumps such as the old one. Also, defending throne room is pretty tough with all the open space as an imperial.
no 1 cares

The new Dotf may be more beautiful, especially in gen, but it's not a fun map anymore. What was fun in the old dotf was the constant struggle you had, in main & in gen, then in side, and then in throne. You never knew which team was about to win. Now throne is impossible to defend, side are barely used and cannot be defended either. Imp cant even go to obj by their spawn like before, they have to get out, and be slashed by an army of jedi/hero.
As for main, it’s to who rush the better. On the old dotf you had to fight to win it, imp could defend in the T-junction, and reb could defend their corner. Now both teams are crushed in a second as long as the enemy team comes by, which is the one with the most jedi/sith.

I miss the time when rebs were struggling to pass the t-junction door, and where as imp I sneaked behind them using side corridor. I miss the time when going gen was really a necessity, I miss the time when you had epic battle in main and hangar.
When new dotf was published we were told that "We will keep this one only for a moment, to give people time to appreciate the map", well it's been months now, maybe we can get it back ?

And for those who are afraid of dotf becoming, again, 24/24 played map, we now have the same situation with Deathstar. The map is played almost all the time, there is a 24/24 server on DS, and people are complaining because of that on server. So there is no point no giving back a good map that player likes.

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
I agree with regards to gameplay. I do think Mace's planned changes will fix most of the complaints, but also feel that dotf_classic should be added for those who enjoyed that more campier/lolsier style of gameplay.