Best saber style for support Jedi?

If you're playing Jedi/Sith with the intention of being support to distract enemies, knock them down to make them easy targets for allies, and sometimes kill enemies when necessary, which saber style would be best? I've gotten different answers, so I figured here would be the best place to ask everyone at once.

From what I can tell, these three are the best candidates:

• Yellow is highly versatile, and thus can kill most enemy gunners quickly if the situation calls for it, and can even deal with heavier gunners if they're being overly aggressive, and the mblock perk helps to make highly overaggressive gung ho saberists vulnerable.
  • Blue allows for quick attacks on weak enemy gunners when necessary, and the bp pb perk punishes overaggressive gung ho saberists.
  • Purple's defensive playstyle allows for extremely fast ACC accumulation against gung ho saberists, and can do enough quick damage to deal with heavy gunners.
For the most part, this isn't amazingly important, as I mostly use deflect 3 to distract gunners (and kill ones who decide not to dodge reflected fire), push 3 to knock over enemies and push explosives (would also use pull but my aim is treeaaassshh), and my face to protect my gunners from saberists, but i'd like to know what style to focus on in duel mode so I be a more helpful teammate when i'm a jedi!

PS: Knocking over gung ho jedi who decide that it's not worth it to dodge gunfire and seeing them get gunned down by my gunner buddies is the bestest <3

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I generally use Yellow. Fast, deals good damage and has a few nice tools for play-making. Personal favorite is to use YDFAs on enemy saberists to kill, stagger or make them turn their backs on my gunner buddies.

I'd theorycraft a bit to say that Cyan might be great when you focus a lot on using Jump 3, Deflect, Push and Pull to support your team. It feels like the perfect style for playing tight while still in the enemy's face.

Yellow is by far and away the best stance in the game, in almost every single way save for the value of manipulating certain perks other stances have in very particular situations.

Now that's out of the way, if you're playing support, dueling is a secondary concern to you. Your primary focus is protecting your gunners: that means having at least push 2 at all times and not getting in their line of fire, as well as not getting mad when they inevitably shoot you for doing your job.

When playing support jedi, if you're not a servile, sycophantic little cuck of an entourage to your team's best gunner(s), and keeping them safe no matter what the cost, you're probably doing it wrong. Bonus points if you're ever-vigilant and purchase sense 3 in order to make call outs for the team.

@GoodOl'Ben haha, Ben stepping up to be a helpful sweetheart as usual! I’ll be sure to try and learn some tricks as I play Jedi. I’m even starting to have good enough aim to try the more advanced gunner classes! :D
Though if I may ask, how is jump 3 super helpful for support jedi? I find that jump 2 is usually good enough to move about, unless somehow jump 3 can be used in a different way? :O

@SkeeSilentT yep, that’s pretty much me. I learned to love the wall, I have an F2 trigger finger, and I use sense 2 to try and alert my team. I used to use sense 3, but I can’t seem to get force block 2, deflect 3, defense 2, push 3, and jump 2, so I had to compromise and go down to sense 2. Also, in these scenarios, I can never seem to type fast enough for a detailed response. In time, I suppose.

I won’t claim to be a great support Jedi, but I like playing Jedi because I like the idea of being a patient, friendly sage is who is there to support others (Sith wouldn’t be like that but lol whatevs) :3

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
@GoodOl'Ben haha, Ben stepping up to be a helpful sweetheart as usual! I’ll be sure to try and learn some tricks as I play Jedi. I’m even starting to have good enough aim to try the more advanced gunner classes! :D
Though if I may ask, how is jump 3 super helpful for support jedi? I find that jump 2 is usually good enough to move about, unless somehow jump 3 can be used in a different way? :O
The additional height gained for 0 FP lost with Jump 3 is huge for defense and repositioning. Overall the additional mobility it grants can do a lot.