Balancing Sense Suggestion

Bud

Jedi/Sith should have to meditate in order to use Force Sense. Not only does it make sense (pun not intended) canonically, meditating puts down the player's defenses, so it is harder to just camp behind a corner with a saber or Force Push ready.

sense 3 works like sense 1 with more range and lower fp cost,

you need to take your eyes off of the center of action to look at minimap, or, pull up the main map which takes up a large majority of your screen

you can still view hp values with sense 3, but it will not give players the outline it used to

Reactions: Bud

Bud

sense 3 works like sense 1 with more range and lower fp cost,

you need to take your eyes off of the center of action to look at minimap, or, pull up the main map which takes up a large majority of your screen

you can still view hp values with sense 3, but it will not give players the outline it used to
Do you mean that having to look at the minimap is a limitation already? Or am I missing your point.

Latis wants sense 3 to just be a better version of sense 1. Only mini map visibility and such.

This could be a cool idea, if modified. I think sense 3 should be silent sense 2, and if you meditate you would get the current sense. This does not solve all of the issues sense has at high level gameplay, but could be a decent change.

Bud

Latis wants sense 3 to just be a better version of sense 1. Only mini map visibility and such.

This could be a cool idea, if modified. I think sense 3 should be silent sense 2, and if you meditate you would get the current sense. This does not solve all of the issues sense has at high level gameplay, but could be a decent change.
Oh, I see. While I fully agree with Latis' view, both sides need to be appealed to in order for changes to be made. I think my suggestion is fair because it keeps Force Sense exactly the way it is, except it adds limitations to players moving and looking around (so Jedi/Sith can't use Force Sense and do a quick 360 every 5 seconds of playing).

you want to nerf the most suffered class in the game while dont mind to have such a "complicated" thing as deka / SBD which is require from player nothing but holding LMB as long as possible? 👍

Reactions: Bud

Bud

you want to nerf the most suffered class in the game while dont mind to have such a "complicated" thing as deka / SBD which is require from player nothing but holding LMB as long as possible? 👍
I don't want to get into other classes. Let's just focus on one thing at a time. In my opinion, Force Sense has very little drawbacks and gives Jedi/Sith players way too much of an advantage over the other classes. Basically, my suggestion is to keep Force Sense exactly as it is, except it automatically puts the player in meditation once it's activated.

The "issue" behind sense 1 is that it gives the position AND orientation of players on the radar. And that for 2 points.

If I were to make a suggestion, I would propose the following :
Sense 1 : No radar indication, very limited range (something around 3-5 meters) and the visual would be similar to current Sense2. So you would see the ennemy through the wall, not knowing if hostile/friendly, This way you have a very-short range "detector" but not too much reliable. Not a "where is everyone" button. Also with a modified shader, it could be made even less easy to decrypt the orientation/class by just looking at the shape.

Sense 2 : Same but with a better shader, so you actually have more ease to tel what class you do see, and potentially friendly/ennemy shown. But the range wouldn't be too big either. This one would be widely used by people currently using Sense 3 to differiente hostiles/friendly during close encounters and what not.

Sense 3 : Same visual as we currently have now, with the radar position+orientation. And a long-range.

Also the cost of each level should be re-evaluated, aswell as the sound design potentially. Also if somebody would put love into this : a shader which would reveal slowly into a shape, would make identifying target with sense, an actual skillfull and patient based thing.

Bud

The "issue" behind sense 1 is that it gives the position AND orientation of players on the radar. And that for 2 points.

If I were to make a suggestion, I would propose the following :
Sense 1 : No radar indication, very limited range (something around 3-5 meters) and the visual would be similar to current Sense2. So you would see the ennemy through the wall, not knowing if hostile/friendly, This way you have a very-short range "detector" but not too much reliable. Not a "where is everyone" button. Also with a modified shader, it could be made even less easy to decrypt the orientation/class by just looking at the shape.

Sense 2 : Same but with a better shader, so you actually have more ease to tel what class you do see, and potentially friendly/ennemy shown. But the range wouldn't be too big either. This one would be widely used by people currently using Sense 3 to differiente hostiles/friendly during close encounters and what not.

Sense 3 : Same visual as we currently have now, with the radar position+orientation. And a long-range.

Also the cost of each level should be re-evaluated, aswell as the sound design potentially. Also if somebody would put love into this : a shader which would reveal slowly into a shape, would make identifying target with sense, an actual skillfull and patient based thing.
That's a great point about sense 1 revealing the orientation of players. I never thought about that, but it really does make a difference. Other than that, I don't really have a problem with how sense works, just how it can be used.

Bud

sense does need to change imo, i dunno how right now.

sense 3 definitely does, its literal wallhacks for minor cost
Right now I think changes need to be made a little at a time. To directly nerf Force Sense in its established abilities would be too sudden imo. If activating Sense made the player meditate, they have all the abilities they are used to, but they are put in a compromising position. This could be compared to using mortars in the newer Battlefield games, in which players have the option to use a mortar to get a nice overhead view of their surroundings, but they are extremely vulnerable to being shot in the back.

This is a tamer but very reasonable version of OP's idea. I really like this, sense needs a nerf, and this is exactly how I would like to see it nerfed but still be very useful. Forcing players to sit to use force sense at all is too extreme of a change, but only letting sitting users get max range from sense 3 sounds very sensible.

SPIDERMAN DOESNT HAVE TO SIT DOWN TO KNOW WHEN HE NEEDS HIS SPIDER SENSES SO DOESNT MAKE SENSE FOR JEDI SRY