Confirmed Automatic reconnection never stops

hello, i found a bug in new update, its pretty important. the auto reconnect is so annoying. when you try to join a full server, basicly it says server is full and not connecting. when you press esc or /disconnect to go search another server, it keeps reconnecting that full server. you are in infinite loop, only way to stop is /quit

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I could not reproduce this. Just tried connecting to a full server and ESC or /disconnect in console both got me back to the main menu.

Can you provide some more details? What engine are you using? Operating system? Third party mod packs?

i tried it again for you and it didnt happen this time. i dont know, maybe first you have to join a normal server, get crashed and autoreconnect first, and then you have to try join full server(that was how happened to me). maybe you have to trigger auto reconnect system in a server and then try to join a full server.
im not using any kind of packs since 2005, windows 8.1 jamp engine

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
I just tried a bunch of stuff but still could not get any type of connection loop.

get crashed
What does this mean? Your game client crashed and you started it again and tried connecting to the same server? You lost connection with the server and typed /reconnect?

i have a video record. it happened again. i found when it does happen.
First , a random server you are playing(not suppose to full) have to crash, the game will autoreconnect.
Then you have to try to join a full server, it basicly of course says server is full, when you try to disconnect, it keeps reconnecting and doesnt allow you to go main.
@Spaghetti if you want to 1minute video i can give it to you

In order to trigger autoreconnect thingy first a server should have crash when you are inside in it, then you have to try connecting a full server, and it puts you in a loop.

I just tried a bunch of stuff but still could not get any type of connection loop.

What does this mean? Your game client crashed and you started it again and tried connecting to the same server? You lost connection with the server and typed /reconnect?
i was in tin duel, server crashed when we suppose to play new round. everyone is autoreconnecting its not a bind nor command. its a new thing came out with the new patch. first i though its really good because new players doesnt know how to /reconnect. then this bug happened...

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
To lay this out in a more clear manner:
  • There seems to be a new auto reconnect feature for clients, triggered when a server crashes. This was not documented and is untested. Nope. Whatever's happening is a bug, there's no auto reconnect feature.
  • Once a client starts to auto reconnect it never stops trying and stays in that state until the client restarts. Probably the cause for the other reports of issues exiting to the main menu.

EDIT: Have not been able to cause it to happen when trying to reproduce. Simply losing server connection doesn't cause an automatic, persistent reconnect. There's something else going on. Was able to see it once with a mostly populated server and changing siege teams and map in one concatenated rcon command: g_siegeteam1 LEG_Good;g_siegeteam2 LEG_Evil;map mb2_citadel, but I don't know if that was the cause or just coincidental yet.

Last edited: