Assists

dwarf

Donator
Didn't our original scoreboard count assist's as a 1/2 kill and eventually tally a kill point? I could have sworn they did, or maybe i'm just remembering wrong. If they did, it changed when they updated the scoreboard.

jamp-20091003-222123.png

You want it to add to k/d or still be seperate? (because it already is a seperate counter at the bottom of the scoreboard)

Lee

Why don't you just change the scoreboard so your place is 'more' dependent on points rather than your k/d? If you're the top and your k/d is horrible, you are still at the top. Other than that, maybe the problem is you don't spend enough time at the top of the scoreboard...? Spend more time ontop and then ponder if this is still a problem. There are countless players with negative scores that use chat 'in a negative manner' to stroke their own ego. The data is right there though...so they can be dismissed. The idea that we willingly give them more ammunition and stats to back their case is too dangerous to community health. Funny.

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
Isn't that already how it works though, its sorted by Score/Rounds not K/D? A kill is 12 points and an assist is 6 (I believe). So 2 assists = a kill in terms of scorebord placement. I think completing the primary objective is also 12 as well as bonus points for being alive at the end of the round on the winning team. With tking being a detractor.

I think it would be fine if killing blows, assists and objective completes were scored equally though. Even better if assists can be tracked further than a single player as this would show participation more evenly rather than the guy who is very good at finishing enemies.

Having it be K/D/A in the scoreboard would also be cool, rather than a private stat for assists.

Yeah they should make 2 assist = to 1 kill to reward teamwork and support jedis alot more.

That would actually be sick in theory, but it would make it dummy easy to get a god tier K/D as a support by just pushing ppl over.

Assists are assists and should remain as such, they shouldn't count as kills IMO.

BUT YES, they should totally add a separate row for the assists.

Preston

Nerd
That would actually be sick in theory, but it would make it dummy easy to get a god tier K/D as a support by just pushing ppl over.

Assists are assists and should remain as such, they shouldn't count as kills IMO.

BUT YES, they should totally add a separate row for the assists.
meh I don't care, at least it would incentivize somewhat playing as a team