Assists

Please feel free to discuss and consider an important change, which is adding weight back to team play and assists, aka, Making two assists equal a kill. Moviebattles 2 is a team oriented game and I think this change will help with people learning to achieve the goal of winning rather than just k/d.

I can't see why other than ego or not wanting people to have a good score which is a stupid argument why this shouldn't be +1'd.

RG4

If MB2 were truly a real team orientated game there'd be more features in open than less.

I like the idea, also not only assists, but every soldier kill should represent 0.5 kills. I NEED MA EGO SCORE U KNO WAT IM SAYIN SAYIN?

Fang

Donator
Perk_hardline.png

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Maybe having assists count the same toward kills as the actual kill? I.e. if you assist killing a soldier, you get 1/3 a kill, etc

I support the idea, but there is a problem with the validity of assists in general. For example, three people are attacking an enemy, the 1st player deals 80 out of 100 damage to it, then the 2nd player deals 10 damage, and then the 3rd one deals 10 more damage killing the enemy. In this situation the 3rd player gets the kill and the 2nd one gets the assist, while the 1st one gets nothing although he dealt the most damage. This is how I think the assists work - the last player who damaged or affected the target (affected with force powers or something else) before the killing blow was dealt by someone else gets the assist. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If this is true, though, the validity of the assists is as questionable as the validity of kills.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
Why not just have a separate column in the scoreboard for assists? Kills should just be kills. If you start factoring other things into kills it becomes redundant with score (which is a fairly useless metric IMO, displaying assists separately would be more useful).