Assassin role for Imperials/CIS.

I was bored and the idea popped into my head.

The class will basically have something like 25-50 HP, no guns, and will be harder then other classes to use. I was thinking it could sort of have stamina and dex abilities like the ARC, a grappling hook, camouflage, and sword skills. The class wouldn't of course be able to use all of these. The main abilities of them would be with, say, full dex/stam and sword skills, a lunge attack that could dispatch an clueless enemy instantly. They would not be able to last in an actual fight with more then two people, as their role is to assassinate people. Even though they would have a vibroblade, fighting a Jedi would be suicide if they stay there for too long, as they can only take few blocked hits before being disarmed and killed.

While people will no doubt shoot it down for being too OP, you will have to remember the role is not suppose to be able to kill someone regularly, as they have such little defenses that they would die quickly. It is meant to have drastically less HP and armor then other roles, but the capability to pick off lone or scattered players. It would be a hard class to learn, as you would have no ranged weapons, no powers, and no extra gadgets. All you can rely on is your abilities, and what ever build you choose.

This is all just an idea, and wouldn't be the final result of a class like this if one ever comes. This is just merely a buildup of existing things in the mod which are put together to give an idea of how a role like this could work.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Reminds me of some FA classes, which totally work. Make a class with faster than average run speed, maybe nerf the grappling hook to a lower range, and faster hack times. However, cloak doesn't really mask your presence and is quite useless. The one problem with suggesting classes is that generally you want a class on the opposite team that is similar in make-up, but not completely the same thing.

Reminds me of some FA classes, which totally work. Make a class with faster than average run speed, maybe nerf the grappling hook to a lower range, and faster hack times. However, cloak doesn't really mask your presence and is quite useless. The one problem with suggesting classes is that generally you want a class on the opposite team that is similar in make-up, but not completely the same thing.

I can see how camo isn't very great, but if I were to say, wait on top of a catwalk or somethings, it could help. It may also not be seen as well if there is a big battle ahead of the enemy, meaning they can miss it in the rush. But overall, it was only suggested for assassin immersion. And I was thinking a medic class could always be added to the other team, or a support in general. One which just restores ammo and can heal a teammate maybe five times before their med-packs run out. It would maybe make a unique system where they could go all support or give up two-three med-packs/ammo-packs for the better of their survival.

If an copy-like class was to be given for another team, maybe it could be a stealth infiltrator. They could maybe get buffed mind-trick, and a few other things, but be shit at combat, and mainly used for objectives. If it were to be something such as a Jedi infiltrator, then it could have mind-trick and speed, but there would need to be a better class system in place to balance it.

It was suggested some time ago, back when I used to play about 4+ years ago, that Astromechs be added to the rebel team.
The astromech would have minimal offense, but be able to upgrade to restore shields, ammo, hack objectives faster, improve mobility, use the rocket boosts from the prequels, short-range stun gun, that sort of thing.
I dunno, I always liked the idea of being a cute little R2 unit in the heat of battle =p

edit: Also, it'd be neat to have a droid class on the rebel team

It was suggested some time ago, back when I used to play about 4+ years ago, that Astromechs be added to the rebel team.
The astromech would have minimal offense, but be able to upgrade to restore shields, ammo, hack objectives faster, improve mobility, use the rocket boosts from the prequels, short-range stun gun, that sort of thing.
I dunno, I always liked the idea of being a cute little R2 unit in the heat of battle =p

That would be nice.

The amount of hp this class has sounds like he will be extremely squishy because 1 shot or saber throw can pretty much kill you instantly. You probably won't be able to get near people with how cloak currently works right now because it doesn't help much except on darker maps where there are less lighting to show the outline of your character.

Unless the saber/knife that the assassin carries is able to 1 shot everyone, it kind of makes him a minor threat.
To be honest it sounds like a class they already have on some of the FA maps.

The amount of hp this class has sounds like he will be extremely squishy because 1 shot or saber throw can pretty much kill you instantly. You probably won't be able to get near people with how cloak currently works right now because it doesn't help much except on darker maps where there are less lighting to show the outline of your character.

Unless the saber/knife that the assassin carries is able to 1 shot everyone, it kind of makes him a minor threat.
To be honest it sounds like a class they already have on some of the FA maps.
The class is suppose to essentially one hit everyone if used correctly. It is meant to be fast for dodging fire, and a thing like the lunge attack would kill almost any enemy in one hit. If a Jedi were to block it, their BP would be so low you could just swing a few times and kill them. I do understand it will need work, and the idea I have is for it to be like mastering the Jedi/Sith, except it is weaker and relies more on stealth and parkour to dispatch small groups of people at a time before attacking again.

I would also argue that the CIS could use an ammo and heal dispensing droid, that rolls around the floor with only a pistol like weapon.